Class of 2024 - SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered

I'll never get anyone talking about selling a top 20 recruit let alone top 5, how "We'll get you drafted" get out with that bs. Also with NIL, it's a much more competitive playing field now compared to what was bag vs no bag. It would seem kids can actually go to the school they have the best fit with now. Or at least more so than before

I'll never get anyone talking about selling a top 20 recruit let alone top 5, how "We'll get you drafted" get out with that bs. Also with NIL, it's a much more competitive playing field now compared to what was bag vs no bag. It would seem kids can actually go to the school they have the best fit with now. Or at least more so than before
There was never “no bag”. It was just the size and openness of it.

Bulldog. Any sense of a commitment date?
Jalil recently said it could be in the winter, possibly January. Then again, he finishes up his OVs in the early fall, so maybe sooner. FWIW, Trilly told me a few days ago he likes SU/Kansas, but the OVs will provide clarity. Just talked to another national analyst at Rivals who says Kansas isn't necessarily a favorite but is a dark horse getting some buzz.

Jalil recently said it could be in the winter, possibly January. Then again, he finishes up his OVs in the early fall, so maybe sooner. FWIW, Trilly told me a few days ago he likes SU/Kansas, but the OVs will provide clarity. Just talked to another national analyst at Rivals who says Kansas isn't necessarily a favorite but is a dark horse getting some buzz.
I don't understand how anyone would call Kansas a dark horse when everyone has said they've been the main competition all along. Appreciate the info, but some of these national analysts try too hard.

Glad Trilly doesn't care about the $$$ and gets it all out in the open. The amount of pay for recruiting information websites has become too much.

I don't understand how anyone would call Kansas a dark horse when everyone has said they've been the main competition all along. Appreciate the info, but some of these national analysts try too hard.

Glad Trilly doesn't care about the $$$ and gets it all out in the open. The amount of pay for recruiting information websites has become too much.
Sorry, but everyone hasn't been saying Kansas has been the main competition all along. Not sure I follow your comment on analysts trying too hard. In any event, SU, 'Nova and Miami all offered Jalil last summer/fall. Kansas and 'Bama were much more recent. I certainly understand your sentiment about the cost of VIP access to recruiting Web sites. I don't mind coughing up the dough, because I rely on recruiting analysts for intel...but I get it!

Sorry, but everyone hasn't been saying Kansas has been the main competition all along. Not sure I follow your comment on analysts trying too hard. In any event, SU, 'Nova and Miami all offered Jalil last summer/fall. Kansas and 'Bama were much more recent. I certainly understand your sentiment about the cost of VIP access to recruiting Web sites. I don't mind coughing up the dough, because I rely on recruiting analysts for intel...but I get it!
What I was saying is recently this seems to be a Cuse/Kansas competition based on all the tea leaves.

Miami and Nova have seemed to take a backseat the past few months.

It does seem like Trilly is doing all he can to blow up their model. Would love to find out who it is some day.

What I was saying is recently this seems to be a Cuse/Kansas competition based on all the tea leaves.

Miami and Nova have seemed to take a backseat the past few months.

It does seem like Trilly is doing all he can to blow up their model. Would love to find out who it is some day.
I hear ya, well said buddy. And I agree about Trilly...there was an article or two that came out in recent days on him, I think one was in The Athletic.

Kids at A10 schools, and I’m not talking Dayton or VCU, have been getting paid for years. Maybe I’m cynical but I probably can’t be convinced that there are high-major programs that have been “clean” for the last decade+.

People I trust have talked about freakin Bonaventure having bag guys pre-NIL. Lmao. Cmon now just about everyone has been playing the cash game.

Kids at A10 schools, and I’m not talking Dayton or VCU, have been getting paid for years. Maybe I’m cynical but I probably can’t be convinced that there are high-major programs that have been “clean” for the last decade+.

People I trust have talked about freakin Bonaventure having bag guys pre-NIL. Lmao. Cmon now just about everyone has been playing the cash game.
I don’t doubt any of that. I know of a CSU football player a LB at that, who used to get paid at after parties too. That doesn’t mean everyone’s in the game. There have been coaches who walked away as soon as that was implied as well. I’ve seen this debated since the 80’s, so it’s fine if someone doesn’t see it that way.

My original point being, you’ll see more schools battling against traditional blue bloods for kids because it’s a little more even and everyone can play the $ game. I give Red and staff almost all the credit in the world, but a portion has to be NIL as well. All things more even = SU can sit at the same table for a recruit.

You're right. I went to bonaventure and those kids were getting $$. I was there when Andrew Nicholson was there and yeahhhh let's just say, the school wasn't clean

Yeah, based on what Trilly recently said and what other analysts have said to me lately, it feels like SU, Kansas and Miami, with 'Nova and Bama behind. Although 'Nova is a hometown team, so...I thought Jalil was supposed to OV 'Nova this weekend?

If Judah and Starling ball out as I suspect they will, and we get Bethea, I think we could start pulling in really good guards on a consistent basis. All it takes is one team with Judah and Starling shredding people for us to become a cool place for guards to come to again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom