Class of 2024 - SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered

If Judah and Starling ball out as I suspect they will, and we get Bethea, I think we could start pulling in really good guards on a consistent basis. All it takes is one team with Judah and Starling shredding people for us to become a cool place for guards to come to again

If they both are as good as expected this year they will be an absolute handful to deal with.

Not really

EGfX.gif

Last edited:
I’m nervous about Kansas coming in and big boying us, just like Kentucky did with Quade and Duke with Jordan Tucker. Kansas going hard after a lot of top prospects on the same visit could go well or terribly for us.

Also we forget that Kansas is suppose to have recruiting sanctions but it hasn’t seemed to effect them like they did with us
Yea it will be interesting, cant stand Self

I’m nervous about Kansas coming in and big boying us, just like Kentucky did with Quade and Duke with Jordan Tucker. Kansas going hard after a lot of top prospects on the same visit could go well or terribly for us.

Also we forget that Kansas is suppose to have recruiting sanctions but it hasn’t seemed to effect them like they did with us

Kansas' best lead guard in the NBA is Devonte Graham.

We do well this year and Judah and JJ ball out like I expect, I would think that would appeal to Jalil and the way he can operate.

Not worried about Nova or Alabama. It’s a Cuse-Kansas and to a lesser extent Miami battle. Miami has faded a bit, Kansas has come on as of late. One school has been consistent through this whole process…all you need to know. Not saying he’s a definite get as a lot can change in recruiting but it’s looking good right now

Don't think Harper would 'improve' SU's chances, but definitely makes the pitch clearer to Jalil being "the guy"

Bethea's Klutch representation is interesting - big time management tends to lead to big time bidding wars...

Kansas' best lead guard in the NBA is Devonte Graham.

We do well this year and Judah and JJ ball out like I expect, I would think that would appeal to Jalil and the way he can operate.
We currently don't even have any lead guards in the NBA at the moment. Kansas is also backed with Adidas $$$.

We currently don't even have any lead guards in the NBA at the moment. Kansas is also backed with Adidas $$$.

Fair point for sure. But two things: We have put lead guards into the league somewhat recently and Judah and JJ are right there to get into the league.

I won't argue money other than to say I would expect us to be competitive.

Really wish we had Jordan Brand (I know that is a totally different subject).

BTW, I think Judah is going to be one of the most hyped lead guards in all of college this year. I think his appeal will help us big time.

Fair point for sure. But two things: We have put lead guards into the league somewhat recently and Judah and JJ are right there to get into the league.

BTW, I think Judah is going to be one of the most hyped lead guards in all of college this year. I think his appeal will help us big time.

I love to see how both Judah and JJ were busy getting out there to the camps and getting that exposure too. All that helps.

Who’s the last PG we put in the NBA? Tyler Ennis in 2013? Mike Gbinjie in 2016?

Not sure your “we have better PGs in the NBA than Kansas recently” point stands but excitement around Judah and JJ can potentially change that.

I agree with your last statement as I’ve already seen it a good amount leading up to the season. The guys at field of 68 have given him a lot of praise/given cuse a lot of praise for getting him back + the potential pairing of Judah/JJ/Chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom