Class of 2025 - SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered

I say have Melo lace up the Orange sneakers because he's got 3 years left of college eligibility and can play with his son in the Dome.

Out of curiosity, are there any rules anymore that say he can't?

I say have Melo lace up the Orange sneakers because he's got 3 years left of college eligibility and can play with his son in the Dome.

Yes getting paid directly for playing basketball still makes Melo ineligible to come back, regardless of what is disguised as NIL.

Yes getting paid directly for playing basketball still makes Melo ineligible to come back, regardless of what is disguised as NIL.

Thanks MSO, there just seems to be a lot of loopholes out there and was curious.

Clock runs once you enroll and matriculate. From that time, you have 5 years to play 4. All the HS to pros guys never started their eligibility clock.

Clock runs once you enroll and matriculate. From that time, you have 5 years to play 4. All the HS to pros guys never started their eligibility clock.

Yeah, but they nuked their eligibility once they cashed their first Pro check.

Which in this day and age sounds kinda absurd, but them's the rules.

That pressure would seem to be there no matter what, though? It’s not like these other school’s fans have never heard of Carmelo Anthony.

In fact, I think he’d get more support from Cuse fans if he doesn’t play well. These other school’s fans don’t care about Carmelo and would get nasty if he doesn’t pan out. Cuse fans would never do that to Carmelo.
Just like they did for the Jim’s kids?

I don’t buy this, I think true opposite. How many threads after each game will be titled, “well he’s definitely not his father”?

Everything is different now anyway, whenever he goes he’s going to have more than a million dollars in his pocket, they don’t seem like kids anymore when they have this kind of money.

I don’t buy this, I think true opposite. How many threads after each game will be titled, “well he’s definitely not his father”?

Everything is different now anyway, whenever he goes he’s going to have more than a million dollars in his pocket, they don’t seem like kids anymore when they have this kind of money.
Hmmm…..Buddy always seemed to be pretty popular at the Dome.

The issues that arose were because their dad was the coach and one of them played way too much. I think people were more frustrated with dad, than the kid.

No such dynamics with Kiyan. Carmelo isn’t the coach and isn’t going to play him too much.

Hmmm…..Buddy always seemed to be pretty popular at the Dome.

The issues that arose were because their dad was the coach and one of them played way too much. I think people were more frustrated with dad, than the kid.

No such dynamics with Kiyan. Carmelo isn’t the coach and isn’t going to play him too much.
You have more faith in the fan base than I do. Who was the last guy that was universally embraced? Think Judah is getting there, but we really don’t stand buy our guys well as of late, im guessing it’s mainly due to our record but there wasn’t a guy on the roster last year who wasn’t trashed throughout the year.

You and I won’t have his expectations up to what his dad did here, but the redneck casual douches will eat him up and wait for him to fail just a little bit.

You and I won’t have his expectations up to what his dad did here, but the redneck casual douches will eat him up and wait for him to fail just a little bit.

Yeah.. at least by then maybe Elon has killed off that awful app and some of that never gets directly to the kid but this is on the mark.

You have more faith in the fan base than I do. Who was the last guy that was universally embraced? Think Judah is getting there, but we really don’t stand buy our guys well as of late, im guessing it’s mainly due to our record but there wasn’t a guy on the roster last year who wasn’t trashed throughout the year.

I know what you mean, but I think that’s more the Twitter idiots - I think every fan base looks terrible if you read Twitter.

There’s always going to be the locals who treat it like it’s a pro sport, but again….that element is probably worse at Indiana. They’d also expect him to be as good as Carmelo - while having none of the love and loyalty for Melo that Syracuse fans have.

Can't imagine Kiyan would go to FSU, but with Woodson being his Godfather and all I just don't get a great feeling we'll beat Indiana here.

Can't imagine Kiyan would go to FSU, but with Woodson being his Godfather and all I just don't get a great feeling we'll beat Indiana here.
Doesn’t really seem that he is that high on them he hasn’t mentioned visiting there

Yeah, but they nuked their eligibility once they cashed their first Pro check.

Which in this day and age sounds kinda absurd, but them's the rules.
Right, but for a different reason.

This is spot on. No matter where he goes, he's going to be compared to his dad(who you could argue, had one of the greatest college seasons of all time), no matter where he goes. I feel like that will only increase with him being at the same school. With all that said, he's a heck of a player, and even without his last name being Anthony he'd be a great get!

I'm surprised they hosted a visit when there's nothing happening on campus that weekend. Strictly business I guess.

Full pic from Kiyan's IG story...
Screenshot_20231019-215814_Instagram.jpg