Class of 2015 - SG Malachi Richardson | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 SG Malachi Richardson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Hop is going to check him and Tyler out soon, towards the bottom of the article.
Link

Looks like Hop is going to check him and Tyler out soon, towards the bottom of the article.
Link

You gotta love the schools we are recruiting from these days...seems like each one, in additon to being good basketball schools in geneal, has a younger prospect we may be interested in. Not much better way to get the younger guys than to successfully recruit & do right by their older teammates:

Roselle Catholic (NJ):
Current Commit: Tyler Roberson, 6-7 F 2013
Young Prospect: Malachi Richardson, 6-6 G 2015

St Benedicts Prep (NJ):
Current Commit: Tyler Ennis, 6-2 PG 2013
Young Prospect: Isaiah Briscoe, 6-3 G 2015
Young Prospect: Rodney Miller, 6-10 C 2016

Bishop Kearney (NY):
Current Commit: Chinonso Obokoh, 6-9 F/C 2013
Young Prospect: Thomas Bryant, 6-9 F 2015

Brewster Academy (NH):
Current Commit: Ron Patterson, 6-3 G 2013
Current Commit: Chris McCullough, 6-9 F 2014
Young Prospect: Jared Terrell, 6-3 G 2014

Hell, even if we were limited to simply recruiting from these schools alone the next few years, a 2014 class of McCullough & Terrell would be really nice, followed by a killer 2015 class of Richardson, Briscoe & Bryant that would for sure be top 5 in the nation. Kudos to the staff for fantastic efforts.

Hell, even if we were limited to simply recruiting from these schools alone the next few years, a 2014 class of McCullough & Terrell would be really nice, followed by a killer 2015 class of Richardson, Briscoe & Bryant that would for sure be top 5 in the nation. Kudos to the staff for fantastic efforts.
Hey, you forgot Malachi in 2015!
I think SU should be a tall pg's dream school. Should be easy for Malachi to see how he could fit in the SU system while watching MCW.
It will be interesting to see if Malachi attends the SU elite camp. I think he should.

You gotta love the schools we are recruiting from these days...seems like each one, in additon to being good basketball schools in geneal, has a younger prospect we may be interested in. Not much better way to get the younger guys than to successfully recruit & do right by their older teammates:

Roselle Catholic (NJ):
Current Commit: Tyler Roberson, 6-7 F 2013
Young Prospect: Malachi Richardson, 6-6 G 2015

St Benedicts Prep (NJ):
Current Commit: Tyler Ennis, 6-2 PG 2013
Young Prospect: Isaiah Briscoe, 6-3 G 2015
Young Prospect: Rodney Miller, 6-10 C 2016

Bishop Kearney (NY):
Current Commit: Chinonso Obokoh, 6-9 F/C 2013
Young Prospect: Thomas Bryant, 6-9 F 2015

Brewster Academy (NH):
Current Commit: Ron Patterson, 6-3 G 2013
Current Commit: Chris McCullough, 6-9 F 2014
Young Prospect: Jared Terrell, 6-3 G 2014

Nice collection. Thanks for putting it all together to see. You also have to take into account the same effect with AAU teams. We get a commit from an elite AAU team like Team Final, and then we see other guys on the team, and those guys see the opportunity. You have guys coming in with built-in chemistry between them, playing for winning programs. That makes it all so much easier once they get here.

Richardson led RC with 21pts in a loss out in Ohio yesterday. Here is what Brian Snow wrote about his performance.

"While his team didn’t perform like they hoped, Richardson was excellent. Known mostly as a shooter, he definitely did that at a high level, but also he showed he can do more off the bounce than a year ago. Also Richardson looks a little bit bigger and more athletic from the summer, and is making the improvements to his game that were needed. His play kept his team in the game, and Richardson looks every bit of a big time player."

saw on twitter he picked up an OSU offer when he was out there.

Is it wrong that I really like this recruit for no other reason than because his name is Malachi?

I know the staff knows what they're doing but I don't understand why they haven't given him an offer yet.

I know the staff knows what they're doing but I don't understand why they haven't given him an offer yet.

Maybe because the staff likes Briscoe more

It says right in the article that we've offered him.

This kid attacks the basket and looks deadly from three. Would you say Bryant, Briscoe and Jones/Richardson are priority for '15?
"The 6-foot-6 Richardson also holds offers from Ohio State, Indiana, Cincinnati, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Miami and James Madison, with interest from North Carolina, Syracuse and others."

Also love watching tape on Richardson because it's also full of THE BEAST.

"The 6-foot-6 Richardson also holds offers from Ohio State, Indiana, Cincinnati, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Miami and James Madison, with interest from North Carolina, Syracuse and others."

This kid attacks the basket and looks deadly from three. Would you say Bryant, Briscoe and Jones/Richardson are priority for '15?
I would say Briscoe, Bryant, Jones, Diallo, and Diagne are currently 1st tier for 2015. Realistically I think it could end up being Briscoe, either Bryant or Jones, and either Diallo or Diagne. It's possible Richardson later on fits into the equation, but currently he doesn't seem to be a high priority for the staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom