Class of 2015 - SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.tout.com/m/ui3asf?ref=twlxe5jn
If ya wanna see the moment he committed and some comments.
Thanks, great job.

As he announced a great big smile that just won't go away creased my face.

It's been 10 minutes and I'm still smiling.

The past few days I have been looking back at his tapes.

There was one done when Malachi was a sophomore where he said Syracuse University has always been my favorite team.

How nice it is to get kids who've always had a passion for the team we all have passion for too.

Welcome Malichi Richardson and the whole Richardson family to the Syracuse family.

I've been comparing him to Sean Elliott (former AZ stud). I saw him play in high school with Roberson. Clear strength is shooting range. He has excellent form and release. Extremely long arms (as is usual the case with SU recruits he could put on 15 lbs). He's known as a shooter but can slash too. He can rebound but in the games I saw I wouldn't say it was a strength. His defense was okay but he's more of a shooter, scorer type. I think he projects as a 2 in our system but could play on the wing. He should be effective in the zone with his length.

One other thing: he's fearless as far as the big stage. He and Roberson lead Roselle Catholic to the NJ state title. They won the tournament of champions against the best of the best. This is a great get. One thing I'll add, I watched a game on tv because Roberson was playing and Tyler had sort of a quiet night that day. Malachi picked up the slack.

I wouldn't call him an elite over the rim athlete but he's not at all a bad athlete. Protypical SU 2. His build is not too dissimilar to MCW, though he doesn't look quite as skinny as MCW was his freshman year. Two years of high school (he transferred to Trenton Catholic ) to get better and hopefully add some pounds.
Sorry, his name cannot come up without the following video clip... it just has to be this way!

Malachi Richardson's Mom:
"After talking to Coach Boeheim, he basically closed the deal right there when we went to visit them playing Indiana".
Reporter: "What type of guy is he? What was your impression of him"
MR's Mom: "Oh, he's a real QUIET guy..."- and Malachi chuckles in the background!
Love it!!!

A commenter from the "VU Hoops" ('Nova) article about his picking us:
It is so hard to recruit against Syracuse. The crowds, the fact it is the only game in town and the fact that a few guards have gone high to pro teams in the last few years. Boeheim cracks me up he is like one of those kids driving a car at the amusement park where he thinks he is driving the car but is not. So much goes on behind the scenes with boosters and recruits and Boeheim turns the other head with no knowledge of anything be it boosters or Bernie Fine.

It will be harder to recruit against Syracuse in the future with the ACC and ESPN plugging it.

A commenter from the Indiana blog, "Inside the Hall":
Another win over Indiana for Syracuse.Kind of makesup for that game in early 1987

A commenter from the Rutgers site, "Do we still have a basketball Team?":

malachi-and-his-mom-cropjpg-5001e70ddbf6815b.jpg

The Moment of Truth !!

A commenter from the "VU Hoops" ('Nova) article about his picking us:

A commenter from the Indiana blog, "Inside the Hall":

A commenter from the Rutgers site, "Do we still have a basketball Team?":
The Nova piece is disappointing...they're fan base usually has class.
The Rutgers blurb is priceless. They should hire a plane to fly a banner over their arena on game day that says: RU--40 years of lousy basketball!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom