Class of 2015 - SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
2a83s04.jpg

Awesome pickup!! For the guys who know about this kid. What kind of player are we getting? Haven't followed much of his recruiting trail. Comparisons?

The 6-foot-6 Trenton Catholic (N.J.) product is ranked No. 16 in the 247Sports Composite for the class of 2015, slotting in at No. 4 among small forwards. Richardson was one of the more impressive juniors on the AAU circuit, given his smooth stroke from the perimeter and ability to knock down shots from different spots on the floor. He has very good mid-range game, as well, whether spotting up or pulling up. Richardson has terrific length, and his handle and passing are getting better. He'll simply find ways to get points at the next level. Playing with Team Final on the EYBL circuit, Richardson averaged 15.0 points and shot 39 percent from 3-point range.

Awesome pickup!! For the guys who know about this kid. What kind of player are we getting? Haven't followed much of his recruiting trail. Comparisons?

I've been comparing him to Sean Elliott (former AZ stud). I saw him play in high school with Roberson. Clear strength is shooting range. He has excellent form and release. Extremely long arms (as is usual the case with SU recruits he could put on 15 lbs). He's known as a shooter but can slash too. He can rebound but in the games I saw I wouldn't say it was a strength. His defense was okay but he's more of a shooter, scorer type. I think he projects as a 2 in our system but could play on the wing. He should be effective in the zone with his length.

One other thing: he's fearless as far as the big stage. He and Roberson lead Roselle Catholic to the NJ state title. They won the tournament of champions against the best of the best. This is a great get. One thing I'll add, I watched a game on tv because Roberson was playing and Tyler had sort of a quiet night that day. Malachi picked up the slack.

I wouldn't call him an elite over the rim athlete but he's not at all a bad athlete. Protypical SU 2. His build is not too dissimilar to MCW, though he doesn't look quite as skinny as MCW was his freshman year. Two years of high school (he transferred to Trenton Catholic ) to get better and hopefully add some pounds.

I always love it when they put on the SU hat! My concern with Richardson is we will have lot of people at that position but it is for 2015 so who knows what we need at that point. I really like Derrick Jones but with UK on his radar it's probably unlikely. UK must be giving some money to these kids on the side or something.
It's called the NBA... Kentucky sells that these players will be in the league in a year... Boeheim sells them straight.

I've been comparing him to Sean Elliott (former AZ stud). I saw him play in high school with Roberson. Clear strength is shooting range. He has excellent form and release. Extremely long arms (as is usual the case with SU recruits he could put on 15 lbs). He's known as a shooter but can slash too. He can rebound but in the games I saw I wouldn't say it was a strength. His defense was okay but he's more of a shooter, scorer type. I think he projects as a 2 in our system but could play on the wing. He should be effective in the zone with his length.

One other thing: he's fearless as far as the big stage. He and Roberson lead Roselle Catholic to the NJ state title. They won the tournament of champions against the best of the best. This is a great get. One thing I'll add, I watched a game on tv because Roberson was playing and Tyler had sort of a quiet night that day. Malachi picked up the slack.

I wouldn't call him an elite over the rim athlete but he's not at all a bad athlete. Protypical SU 2. His build is not too dissimilar to MCW, though he doesn't look quite as skinny as MCW was his freshman year. Two years of high school (he transferred to Trenton Catholic ) to get better and hopefully add some pounds.

Iommi, appreciate the first hand scouting report!

Is his first name pronounced like Malachi Crunch or Children of the Corn?

Mal-ehk-eye...Children of the Corn... or Children of the Grave (Sabbath)...or Children of the Sea (Dio Sabbath)...or Children of the Damned (Maiden)...wait, what were we talking about again? Yeah, it's Mal-uh-ky. I've been loving the Malachi Crunch references but who the hell thinks the first name, "Malachi" is actually pronounced like Mal-ah-chee?

Last edited:
Your ratio has gotten obscene. How the does one have almost a 1/2 post/ like ratio? :eek:<--- that's the international emoticon for "sick ratio, dude."
:rolling:
Sometimes, I refresh a page and see that likes went crazy upwards. I find it hard to log off at that point without some reciprocity. I feel like I have to "sneak away" to log off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom