Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 146 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't say that around JarHead or he turns into this guy -
BarneyGumble.gif~c200

TURNS into this guy?? I thought Jim already WAS this guy! :)

I assume you were a computer science or engineering major. As such I am totally feeling this story. So many moments like this happen during college that 98% of the population says "so what" to, but are live/die moments at the time.

Yes, I flip bits for a living.

So there's a little more to the story. Two months later the same thing happened again. So we go down there and the same guy opens the door. Except this time he's clinching his teeth. And there's a big piece of gauze there with blood on it. He must have just had his wisdom teeth out or something. I took one look, put my two hands up in the air, did not say anything, and just walked away.

Yes, I flip bits for a living.

So there's a little more to the story. Two months later the same thing happened again. So we go down there and the same go opens the door. Except this time he's clinching his teeth. And there's a big piece of gauze there with blood on it. He must have just had his wisdom teeth out or something. I took one look, put my two hands up in the air, did not say anything, and just walked away.
Ditto. Your story brought back many memories. Good old Link. Did you catch Prof Eddie Storm?

Ditto. Your story brought back many memories. Good old Link. Did you catch Prof Eddie Storm?

I was TA for Eddie for 3 years. I loved that guy. I went to his house a couple of times. I came back to SU for his retirement party. Him and Pardee were my two favorite professors all-time.

Last edited:
Yep, best prof ever. He loved inviting people to his house. Also took us to the Grateful Dead concert in the Dome. His CIS 101 LISP class was my all time favorite. Even took a job once to get to code in its variation.

I'm still feeling very confident about White--even though he hasn't committed and we are getting mixed signals about the coaches having difficulty reaching him.

I've been paying attention to a couple of MSU recruiting sites over the past week, just to see what the scuttlebutt is over there re: White, and there's nothing substantive. Haven't seen any stories "emerge" suggesting that they think they're the front runners, that he might commit there, etc.

If momentum were swinging their way following his visit to east lansing, they sure aren't letting on.

That doesn't prove anything definitively, but silence is deafening.

I'm still feeling very confident about White--even though he hasn't committed and we are getting mixed signals about the coaches having difficulty reaching him.

I've been paying attention to a couple of MSU recruiting sites over the past week, just to see what the scuttlebutt is over there re: White, and there's nothing substantive. Haven't seen any stories "emerge" suggesting that they think they're the front runners, that he might commit there, etc.

If momentum were swinging their way following his visit to east lansing, they sure aren't letting on.

That doesn't prove anything definitively, but silence is deafening.
Are we sure this is a two-horse race?

Yep, best prof ever. He loved inviting people to his house. Also took us to the Grateful Dead concert in the Dome. His CIS 101 LISP class was my all time favorite. Even took a job once to get to code in its variation.
EF and Otway were the best!

Oh, Pardee was great. Don't recall EF.
EF Storm aka Edward Storm...

Alas, I don't have any info on the recruitment of Andrew White.

I can say regarding names with colors in that and SU basketball that...

Brown (Michael) was good but didn't last long.

Greene (Donte) was good but also didn't last long.

On the positive side, Tom Green did last a long time, playing all 3 years here (he played when frosh were not eligible) and stayed on as an assistant for a while. Made the mistake of following Danforth to Tulane, but since they are the Green Wave, this is understandable.

Ryan Blackwell was solid as a 3 year transfer, though black is really not a color. I don't think white is for that matter, but let's take this a bit further first.

Tony 'Red' Bruin was a little unstable but quite awesome at times. He stayed for 4 seasons.

We just had a White on the team in Christian White. His man-bun only lasted 2 seasons but to the anti-man-bun faction, that was 2 years too long.

220px-Andrew_Dickson_White_1885.jpg

Andrew Dickson White (not from Virginia, did not play at Nebraska and could not dunk). Basketball wasn't even invented when he was fathering Upstate NY universities.

Lastly, as everyone here knows, there wouldn't be a Syracuse University without the efforts made by Syracuse native Andrew Dickson White - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. That Andrew White was also instrumental in bringing Cornell University to Ithaca, which probably would have been located where SU is if not for a couple of carpenter robberies but I have digressed enough, though at least I talked about an Andrew White in my very off the topic post.

Andrew, your namesake is responsible for Syracuse University. You pretty much have to come here.

Last edited:
AW is probably staying in contact with 1 or 2 individuals within the AD to continue with routine preparations that will be necessary for his likely arrival. Staying the course if you will. And at the same time he probably has withdrawn regular contact with others (e.g. coaching staff) while he reflects on all of his options and clears his head so that he can be 100% certain he's making the right decision. The last thing someone needs when they are about to make something a finality are social distractions, peer pressure, and white noise. At least that's my take on it.
This is 100% ACCURATE!!!!

I have received confirmation from a solid TWO sources.

This is 100% ACCURATE!!!!

I have received confirmation from a solid TWO sources.
Is he seriously considering any other options?. I'm not disagreeing or debating with you at all. I just would think that if he is 100 percent sure, he would have or should have announced by now. Thanks for the info as always.

EF Storm aka Edward Storm...

Alas, I don't have any info on the recruitment of Andrew White.

I can say regarding names with colors in that and SU basketball that...

Brown (Michael) was good but didn't last long.

Greene (Donte) was good but also didn't last long.

On the positive side, Tom Green did last a long time, playing all 3 years here (he played when frosh were not eligible) and stayed on as an assistant for a while. Made the mistake of following Danforth to Tulane, but since they are the Green Wave, this is understandable.

Ryan Blackwell was solid as a 3 year transfer, though black is really not a color. I don't think white is for that matter, but let's take this a bit further first.

Tony 'Red' Bruin was a little unstable but quite awesome at times. He stayed for 4 seasons.

We just had a White on the team in Christian White. His man-bun only lasted 2 seasons but to the anti-man-bun faction, that was 2 years too long.

220px-Andrew_Dickson_White_1885.jpg

Andrew Dickson White (not from Virginia, did not play at Nebraska and could not dunk). Basketball wasn't even invented when he was fathering Upstate NY universities.

Lastly, as everyone here knows, there wouldn't be a Syracuse University without the efforts made by Syracuse native Andrew Dickson White - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. That Andrew White was also instrumental in bringing Cornell University to Ithaca, which probably would have been located where SU is if not for a couple of carpenter robberies but I have digressed enough, though at least I talked about an Andrew White in my very off the topic post.

Andrew, your namesake is responsible for Syracuse University. You pretty much have to come here.
Great post, Tom! First thought was - EFS? (from the depths of memory) ... how could I forget?!

Is he seriously considering any other options?. I'm not disagreeing or debating with you at all. I just would think that if he is 100 percent sure, he would have or should have announced by now. Thanks for the info as always.

He could be 99.9 pct sure and he could be making arrangements, or maybe he wanted to take a break from everything and get away for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom