Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 148 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
EF and Otway were the best!
Here's a nice blog post on both. My times were a bit later. But we still had all the same systems. Plus PDP 11/44 on which Pascal was taught. And the punch cards and ALGOL and Machinery Hall. APL was actually my favorite (being an ex-math major). My Comp Engineering friend and I wrote a 3-d tictactoe on the DEC 10 for the AI class with Allan Robinson. Fun memories.

I AM ORANGE: 1976-1980

Umm, we all want info. Edge? Presses? O-13 says we're "golden", but there are multiple reports of AW being unreachable for a few days. None have really been refuted today. Seems strange was all i was saying. Sorry it somehow upset you, but feel free to chime in on that subject, unless you prefer going after me of course. "Illogism" is something illogical, btw - kinda slangy/translation from other languages.
I'm not upset or offended .. not that big of a deal. Yes ... we all want information. I'm simply suggesting that you let 0-13 administer additional doses of it when he decides he has something to offer.

69654176.jpg

I'm not upset or offended .. not that big of a deal. Yes ... we all want information. I'm simply suggesting that you let 0-13 administer additional doses of it when he decides he has something to offer.
O-13 can do or report what he likes. And it is most certainly appreciated. This is not about him, me or you. IMO your remarks are misdirected. It's illogical for someone finalizing the transfer process to ignore his about-to-become coach (Red) unless it's not quite a 100%. Just not buying into the zen/meditation theory as the reason for his seclusion. Why not try to answer that concern, if you have thoughts on it?

O-13 can do or report what he likes. And it is most certainly appreciated. This is not about him, me or you. IMO your remarks are misdirected. It's illogical for someone finalizing the transfer process to ignore his about-to-become coach (Red) unless it's not quite a 100%. Just not buying into the zen/meditation theory as the reason for his seclusion. Why not try to answer that concern, if you have thoughts on it?

just curious but where/who said he was ignoring red?

O-13 can do or report what he likes. And it is most certainly appreciated. This is not about him, me or you. IMO your remarks are misdirected. It's illogical for someone finalizing the transfer process to ignore his about-to-become coach (Red) unless it's not quite a 100%.

Dammit man, he's a basketball player not a Vulcan!

Dammit man, he's a basketball player not a Vulcan!
That kid seems to have a pretty good head on his shoulders though. May the Orange Schwartz be with him. Only point is - logically speaking - there seems to still be some kind of behind the scenes drama going on. But we do have an edge in the Drama Dept (just ask Fagan) so we must be ok.

Here's a question: with our recruiting still limited by sanctions, are these protracted engagements hurting us? I suspect not, but even in a non-sanctioned environment there are only so many recruiting minutes in the day for our coaches. Lately we have seen them have to spend an extra 2 months keeping TT sold and now and extra month keeping AW sold. Essentially the same thing with TB although in that case it seems different since it feels so lucky to get him after he verballed to UM.

What scouting, phone calls, AAU coach schmoozing is not happening because we are spending so much time closing on all these "sure things"?

Seems to me that with AW not speaking to our coaches it actually frees up time for them to go after other recruits.

I distinctly remember Red being mentioned - a couple of times i think. Sorry if i mis-Red.

He was specifically mentioned. It was Jack Bauer who said it. I, for one, am grateful to him and everyone else who has posted what they know. Without those folks kind enough to share, we would be completely clueless as to what, if anything, was going on.

He was specifically mentioned. It was Jack Bauer who said it. I, for one, am grateful to him and everyone else who has posted what they know. Without those folks kind enough to share, we would be completely clueless as to what, if anything, was going on.

Yeah, as opposed to now - when we are so completely cluefull - as to what, if anything, was going on. :p

Think either dasher or bees also said that. You're so right: info like this is extremely welcome - even moreso in the offseason. It is what makes this forum the go to place for SU news. And these discussions - even OT - so much fun!

This will be my last post in the AW thread until he makes his decision public, but I'll be following the excitement! At the end of the day, we are all Orange fans and want White to be here. I hope it happens sooner rather than later. After talking with some people today (no - I won't post their picture), certain people on the hill are aware of this thread and it's caused a bit of a chuckle.

Hopefully after White finally commits, my next post in this thread will be me offering to buy y'all a drink at the final four party next April. Catch you on the football recruiting forum.

Just got back from Maine. Status quo, I see. Oh Mylanta!! How I've missed this.
Welcome back! If the truth be known... I have a confession to make. I managed to get AW3's super secret double deep black ops twitter feed and I sent him a rather persuasive tweet in which I implored he delay his commitment until you returned from parts "down east". Much to my surprise he agreed that it would only be proper to insure that all UberCuse fans were on hand for the announcement. So... we should be expecting word from him and his peeps... any hour now. ;)

He didn't say AW was ignoring Red.
Right. So we have 2 report angles:
1) Red hasn't been able to reach AW3 for a few days at least - up to and including today (for lack of updates)
2) AW3 was in touch with the staff on Friday - but not with Red (despite his apparent attempts)
Clear as day.

Here's a nice blog post on both. My times were a bit later. But we still had all the same systems. Plus PDP 11/44 on which Pascal was taught. And the punch cards and ALGOL and Machinery Hall. APL was actually my favorite (being an ex-math major). My Comp Engineering friend and I wrote a 3-d tictactoe on the DEC 10 for the AI class with Allan Robinson. Fun memories.

I AM ORANGE: 1976-1980

I took that class:

325px-GNU_Emacs_ELIZA_example.png

Don't forget the LA-34 teletype terminals:

la34.jpg

<esc>[136q

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member