Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 145 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could buy some of you a round of drinks lol
Don't say that around JarHead or he turns into this guy -
BarneyGumble.gif~c200

"In addition to his 16.6 points per game, White also grabbed 5.9 rebounds for the Huskers. White's main strength is his outside shooting ability. He made 41 percent of his 3-point attempts last season, hitting 87 out of 211 attempts from beyond the arc."

Is there anything particularly different about Orange style of basketball that will allow White to have more than 211 attempts? I think with Gillon, Battle, and Howard we should see lots of kick outs. Most of our offense is just off the ball movement and passing. But can anyone make the argument that with the Orange White's numbers would be better?
If White decides to play for SU I think it's going to be very difficult for him to equal his Nebraska production. He was competing with one other player for shots at Nebraska. Way more shots to go around on this team.

If White decides to play for SU I think it's going to be very difficult for him to equal his Nebraska production. He was competing with one other player for shots at Nebraska. Way more shots to go around on this team.

In the highlight clips I watched Shavon Shields would drive a lot to the basket but would not kick it out much. I was thinking with our players White may get more opportunities to shoot because of our passing and unselfish play. Maybe I'm wrong. I have to believe the freshmen may be more tentative to shoot.

In the highlight clips I watched Shavon Shields would drive a lot to the basket but would not kick it out much. I was thinking with our players White may get more opportunities to shoot because of our passing and unselfish play. Maybe I'm wrong. I have to believe the freshmen may be more tentative to shoot.

We have one freshman that will be in the rotation. Battle won't be tentative.

Ok so Tuesday at 2pm I am going to focus all my psychic power on telling AW3 to commit to syracuse immediately. We should hear something by 4 I would think... unless I'm not really a jedi... and really what are the odds of that? (Sorry 1st day back at work after vacation so I am just this bored)

Ok so Tuesday at 2pm I am going to focus all my psychic power on telling AW3 to commit to syracuse immediately. We should hear something by 4 I would think... unless I'm not really a jedi... and really what are the odds of that? (Sorry 1st day back at work after vacation so I am just this bored)
You spelled psychotic wrong.

yoda.jpg

You will commit. You will...

Commit, you will.
In the TT thread I suggested Thompson may have been planning to wait until Midnight Madness to make his commitment public, spending the first two months on campus in disguise.

The only truly logical explanation for White's delay is that he read that post and decided it was a good idea. So don't expect anything to come out until mid-October.

In the TT thread I suggested Thompson may have been planning to wait until Midnight Madness to make his commitment public, spending the first two months on campus in disguise.

The only truly logical explanation for White's delay is that he read that post and decided it was a good idea. So don't expect anything to come out until mid-October.

Your post reminds me of a funny story. I was taking a computer programming class my junior year at SU. Most of the people in the class were using the old Dec-10 mainframe we had for the class. At the time, there was a book that came out called Soul of a New Machine by Tracy Kidder. The book was about the Data General MV8000 Mini Computer. We happened to have one on campus so a friend of mine and I decided to use the MV8000 because we read the book and thought it would be a cool thing to do. So we were the only 2 kids in the class using the MV8000. We had a pretty hard assignment due Friday at 5pm. Around 4pm on Thursday, the MV8000 goes down. So my friend and I are in a panic. If it comes up right away we keep working. If it's going to be while we will go get dinner. It's a very tense situation because if every else get's their assignments in and we don't, they will not extend the deadline just for us two degenerates. So we decide to go to the sub-basement room of Link Hall, knock on the door, and ask the admin how long the MV8000 will be down for. We get there, I knock on the door, and this guy throws open the door, has red blood shot rage in his eyes glaring at us. I said in a sheepish voice, "Do you have any idea when the MV8000 will be back up?" He looks at me and rages, "If I tell you an hour, and it's up in five minutes, WOULD YOU BE HAPPY!" I just said, "Okay. No problem. Sorry to have bothered you" as I was slowly walking away from the door.

So if I tell you he will commit by the middle of September, and he commits by tomorrow, would you be happy?

AW is probably staying in contact with 1 or 2 individuals within the AD to continue with routine preparations that will be necessary for his likely arrival. Staying the course if you will. And at the same time he probably has withdrawn regular contact with others (e.g. coaching staff) while he reflects on all of his options and clears his head so that he can be 100% certain he's making the right decision. The last thing someone needs when they are about to make something a finality are social distractions, peer pressure, and white noise. At least that's my take on it.

AW is probably staying in contact with 1 or 2 individuals within the AD to continue with routine preparations that will be necessary for his likely arrival. Staying the course if you will. And at the same time he probably has withdrawn regular contact with others (e.g. coaching staff) while he reflects on all of his options and clears his head so that he can be 100% certain he's making the right decision. The last thing someone needs when they are about to make something a finality are social distractions, peer pressure, and white noise. At least that's my take on it.

"white noise", nice.

Your post reminds me of a funny story. I was taking a computer programming class my junior year at SU. Most of the people in the class were using the old Dec-10 mainframe we had for the class. At the time, there was a book that came out called Soul of a New Machine by Tracy Kidder. The book was about the Data General MV8000 Mini Computer. We happened to have one on campus so a friend of mine and I decided to use the MV8000 because we read the book and thought it would be a cool thing to do. So we were the only 2 kids in the class using the MV8000. We had a pretty hard assignment due Friday at 5pm. Around 4pm on Thursday, the MV8000 goes down. So my friend and I are in a panic. If it comes up right away we keep working. If it's going to be while we will go get dinner. It's a very tense situation because if every else get's their assignments in and we don't, they will not extend the deadline just for us two degenerates. So we decide to go to the sub-basement room of Link Hall, knock on the door, and ask the admin how long the MV8000 will be down for. We get there, I knock on the door, and this guy throws open the door, has red blood shot rage in his eyes glaring at us. I said in a sheepish voice, "Do you have any idea when the MV8000 will be back up?" He looks at me and rages, "If I tell you an hour, and it's up in five minutes, WOULD YOU BE HAPPY!" I just said, "Okay. No problem. Sorry to have bothered you" as I was slowly walking away from the door.

So if I tell you he will commit by the middle of September, and he commits by tomorrow, would you be happy?

I assume you were a computer science or engineering major. As such I am totally feeling this story. So many moments like this happen during college that 98% of the population says "so what" to, but are live/die moments at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom