Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, this dude is perfect. If they've promised Battle that he will be a lead guard, then start this guy at the SG. The other two guards will get minutes. White can slide to the 3 at times. This guy was a top 50 player coming out of high school. He is an excellent shooter. We could put Battle, Gillon, White, Lydon and Chukwu out there and have three shooters on the floor if scoring is lacking. This is a no brainer.

Not a good look from the AD. Probably very bitter about this one. Should keep his mouth shut. Unless it's Goodman putting words in his mouth. More than likely a combination of the two. Goodman is a clown.
Pretty sure the last two sentences are observations by Goodman.

Yep. He'd get minutes as a shooter we desperately need. No guarantees, but 20-25 minutes are possible as a swing man.
If we bring in this guy in and TT commits ... I'm going to start searching hotels in Phoenix for Spring '17.

If we bring in this guy in and TT commits ... I'm going to start searching hotels in Phoenix for Spring '17.
I suggest a Motel Six for any early reservations. I have strong doubts that we add anyone else for the coming season.

seems like he must've had a plan in place to make this move so late - like a specific school in mind that he's maybe already talked to... guess we'll find out soon enough

Fwiw, according to his The Journey video, when he transferred from KU, the three finalists were Nebraska, Maryland and ND
doing a quick check, looks like ND has one scholly available for the upcoming season while Maryland has 0

Question:
grad transfers can go wherever they want (including within same conference) right? they don't need special clearance/sign-off like undergrad transfers, right?

Question:
grad transfers can go wherever they want (including within same conference) right? they don't need special clearance/sign-off like undergrad transfers, right?

If a player earns a diploma from a school, no release (permission) is required.

IMO a great replacement for Malachi. Allows Tyus to play the 1 like he was promised, Frank to have another year of seasoning coming off bench, and Gillon to be the perfect 6th man spark plug. No weaknesses in the lineup with this guy!

Thus guy would be a 3. Would probably bring Lydon off the bench, but playing major league minutes at multiple positions a la CJ in 2012. Gillon starts.

I don't see Lydon "coming off the bench" under most any scenarios!
Not under the current scenario. If we get a true 3 grad transfer, maybe.

People get too hung up on starters (versus playing starter's minutes).

Question:
No,I believe the school has to offer his masters in his course work where his home school doesn't offer it.

Not under the current scenario. If we get a true 3 grad transfer, maybe.

People get too hung up on starters (versus playing starter's minutes).
Lydon is a good kid but I would lose my **** if I was him and this happened.

I would think White would come off the bench at the 3 with Lydon moving to stretch 4 to rest Roberson and obviously White coming off the bench to rest Lydon.

We need shooting so this guy would get a ton of minutes off the bench and imo, relegate Moyer to very few minutes as a freshman.

I know the staff knows we need bodies but it comes off as they don't. White would really make us scary as we would have a very talented, athletic/long starting 5 with 2 5th year transfers to come off the bench at G and F with a tremendous C rotation.

Would love to add another guard of this caliber, how interested do you think we will be?

Lydon is a good kid but I would lose my **** if I was him and this happened.

I would think White would come off the bench at the 3 with Lydon moving to stretch 4 to rest Roberson and obviously White coming off the bench to rest Lydon.

We need shooting so this guy would get a ton of minutes off the bench and imo, relegate Moyer to very few minutes as a freshman.

I know the staff knows we need bodies but it comes off as they don't. White would really make us scary as we would have a very talented, athletic/long starting 5 with 2 5th year transfers to come off the bench at G and F with a tremendous C rotation.
Dear Dion Lose his over not starting? Did CJ?

The goal is to win a championship. Who the F cares if you're not starting if you are playing 32+ minutes and closing games anyway, and the team is doing really well?

White isn't going to transfer somewhere to come off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom