Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
insiders: please ignore the post above. he does not speak for the rest of us.
I'm just a feeble old man whose heart might give out with all this recruiting drama. I tell myself I won't get pulled in to these soap operas anymore, and yet here I am. I've lost track of how many work hours I've billed to syracusefan.com. I want my lost productivity to pay off, that's all I'm asking. Regarding the percentages and probabilities, I hope jake and co realize that sometimes we get too excited and get the cart before the horse, and then foolishly we look for a scapegoat when outcomes don't match projections and dash our hopes. I'll end by saying this: when it was clear that mal was going pro, it felt like the end of last season's GoT when [redacted] was [redacted]. It was deflating. And now White feels like the [redacted]. I guess that would make Autry the [redacted].

Last edited:
I'm just a feeble old man whose heart might give out with all this recruiting drama. I tell myself I won't get pulled in to these soap operas anymore, and yet here I am. I've lost track of how many work hours I've billed to syracusefan.com. I want my lost productivity to pay off, that's all I'm asking. Regarding the percentages and probabilities, I hope jake and co realize that sometimes we get too excited and get the cart before the horse, and then foolishly we look for a scapegoat when outcomes don't match projections and dash our hopes. I'll end by saying this: when it was clear that mal was going pro, it felt like the end of last season's GoT when Jon Snow was killed. It was deflating. And now White feels like the resurrected Snow. I guess that would make Autry the red woman.
You have always reminded me of Ramsey. My advice to you is to feed your dogs.

You have always reminded me of Ramsey. My advice to you is to feed your dogs.
GlsF8gU.gif

Breaking down their stats, White was better than Mali last season. He was a lot more efficient scoring.

AW3 shot significantly better than Mali from the field (48.1% to 36.9%).
AW3 shot significantly better than Mali from the 3 point circle (41.2% to 35.3%).
And he shot significantly better than Mali from the FT line (77.5% to 72%).

Mali was better at drawing fouls (157 FT attempted to AW3's 111). AW3 was much better rebounding (5.9 rpg to 4.3) but MR passed it better (77 assists to 20). They had almost the same blocks and personal fouls, but Mali had a lot more turnovers (79 to 54). For the raw number totals, Mali played a lot more minutes too (1272 vs 1010).

That being said, Mali would have been better in his sophomore year. And AW3's numbers are against B12 competition. Not shabby but not to the level of the ACC.

I think if we got him, AW3 would be very comparable in terms of his contribution to the team to the contribution MR would have made. What a coup this could be if it happens.

Andrew White

http://cuse.com/cumestats.aspx?path=mbasket&year=2015

The thing that I don't think you've mentioned in this comparison of the two players is that AW3 did all of this as Nebraska's primary offensive option and the opposing defense's number 1 priority.

Mali's numbers were put up largely as a secondary offensive option. I don't think defenses focused on him as much as they focused on G, at least until very late in the year.

That is another factor that is difficult to account for in trying to project what Mali might have been capable of producing this year...the defensive attention that was paid him this season versus last year would have presumably been a good deal more intense.

I'm just a feeble old man whose heart might give out with all this recruiting drama. I tell myself I won't get pulled in to these soap operas anymore, and yet here I am. I've lost track of how many work hours I've billed to syracusefan.com. I want my lost productivity to pay off, that's all I'm asking. Regarding the percentages and probabilities, I hope jake and co realize that sometimes we get too excited and get the cart before the horse, and then foolishly we look for a scapegoat when outcomes don't match projections and dash our hopes. I'll end by saying this: when it was clear that mal was going pro, it felt like the end of last season's GoT when Jon Snow was killed. It was deflating. And now White feels like the resurrected Snow. I guess that would make Autry the red woman.
With all due respect, they are just giving their best estimate with the information at the time. It is up to us to understand that there are few things more fluid than recruiting teenagers. If ever Jake or anyone else says 80+%, then that means that the kid is a virtual lock as of today, but tomorrow the kid wakes up after having a dream and is all in on Louisville.

Sometimes not posting anything can be a better idea.

Whether White commits or not, I look forward to the mea culpa thread from all of the doom and gloomers who claimed that JB and staff were not working hard enough, took shots at departing players and/or generally claimed that SU basketball was on an irreversible descent into mediocrity.

Anyone want to step up and own their overreaction?

{insert deafening silence here}

Thanks for the damn spoiler of GOT. Are you seriously kidding me? Wow. Wow. Wow. I can't tell you how livid I am.

Thanks for the damn spoiler of GOT. Are you seriously kidding me? Wow. Wow. Wow. I can't tell you how livid I am.
That particular "spoiler" has been all over facebook and social media for about 3 months. And it was rumored for about a year before that. There should be a statute of limitations on this stuff. I'm sorry bro, I just assumed the entire world knew by now. I'm more amazed you managed to not find out accidentally. If it's any consolation, by the time you reach the end of the current season, you will have long forgotten about that plot development.

Back on topic, this board is what it is because of Jake and the insiders. Nobody is saying to stop posting. We're just getting antsy and frustrated with some of the recent whiffs. I just want the rest of the summer to be a build-up to great expectations which is something that we haven't had, really, since 2011-12.

LOL, this might be the best post in the entire thread...

I am one episode short of finishing season 2, it weren't for the Wales/Portugal game I would continue my GOT watching spree. Just started it Saturday night, and am loving the binge-watching. Such an awesome show. Didn't come here expecting to see that.

Hope he has some etiquette and removes that part of the post. I know I can't be the only one that will see it and become instantly deflasted and frustrated.

That particular "spoiler" has been all over facebook and social media for about 3 months. And it was rumored for about a year before that. There should be a statute of limitations on this stuff. I'm sorry bro, I just assumed the entire world knew by now. I'm more amazed you managed to not find out accidentally. If it's any consolation, by the time you reach the end of the current season, you will have long forgotten about that plot development.

Back on topic, this board is what it is because of Jake and the insiders. Nobody is saying to stop posting. We're just getting antsy and frustrated with some of the recent whiffs. I just want the rest of the summer to be a build-up to great expectations which is something that we haven't had, really, since 2011-12.

Except social media sucks and is a scourge on our society. Thanks for your consolation. The only true consolation: White is Coming

Every Franco's Pizza on the planet just lost a customer.

Yes, back to topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
In fact, he's a Hall of Famer. Unfortunately, he went to Michigan. Shane played for the Nets last year. I had no idea that he was still in the NBA.

Barry's brother Byron Larkin was a good player in the 1980s. I think he went to Xavier.

I am one episode short of finishing season 2, it weren't for the Wales/Portugal game I would continue my GOT watching spree. Just started it Saturday night, and am loving the binge-watching. Such an awesome show. Didn't come here expecting to see that.

Hope he has some etiquette and removes that part of the post. I know I can't be the only one that will see it and become instantly deflated and frustrated.
I've fixed the original post, but the spoiler is still quoted by others, so I can't change those. Honestly really sorry, when I started watching I was about a couple seasons behind. I'm sure there are new fans who are just starting to come onboard to watch the series every day.

Man wait til he finds out that Jamie and Cersie aren't really siblings but that Stannis is Geofrey's real father until Dani has him burned at the stake and a white walker betrays everyone at the funeral and has them killed for not holding the elevator.

I've fixed the original post, but the spoiler is still quoted by others, so I can't change those. Honestly really sorry, when I started watching I was about a couple seasons behind. I'm sure there are new fans who are just starting to come onboard to watch the series every day.

It's all good. Now that I have started watching I would pick up on things when they are mentioned. I'm sure I've seen and heard many spoilers in the past but didn't think twice about it because I didn't follow the show. It's such an amazing show, even a spoiler here or there cannot kill it for me.

It's all good. Now that I have started watching I would pick up on things when they are mentioned. I'm sure I've seen and heard many spoilers in the past but didn't think twice about it because I didn't follow the show. It's such an amazing show, even a spoiler here or there cannot kill it for me.
I felt season 1 was the slowest - it felt like 6 episodes of exposition just to introduce all the families and story lines. Even now there are still times when I get confused on who is related to who. But yes, this is one of the rare television creations with higher production values than most films. It was made for the big screen and I won't be surprised if they decide to re-release in the cinema at some point when all the seasons have concluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom