Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what to expect from Battle. I could see him breaking out like you say. But I could also see him having a tentative personality and not quite there yet mentally, which in turn could cause him to struggle a bit at times.

He could have easily dominated his competition in high school and he didn't. I don't know if that was by design (my hope) or if he has a motivation problem. We'll see.
He does have a passive personality but every time I have seen him play, he looked fearless. His stats last year weren't eye-popping but he was the NJ POY.

Some teams will have success shutting down his drive and he'll have off nights shooting but I don't see him struggling because he shuts down.

Edit: better stats than I remembered: "Tyus Battle averaged 19.1 points, 9.1 rebounds, 5.1 assists and 2.7 steals per game"- Syracuse.com

Last edited:
We still would eventually hear about it and crickets .

I would have agreed with you until last week when Nick Richards visited Syracuse and there has been absolute radio silence about that visit since it happened. North Korea is more forthcoming with news than we have gotten about that NR visit. So Yeah, Andrew White may have visited 3 schools since we've been talking about it here. We don't know.

He does have a passive personality but every time I have seen him play, he looked fearless. His stats last year weren't eye-popping but he was the NJ POY.

Some teams will have success shutting down his drive and he'll have off nights shooting but I don't see him struggling because he shuts down.

Edit: better stats than I remembered: "Tyus Battle averaged 19.1 points, 9.1 rebounds, 5.1 assists and 2.7 steals per game"- Syracuse.com
Add roughly 2 blocks. Every box score I saw that tallied this statistic, 2 blocks.
BAM!

I would have agreed with you until last week when Nick Richards visited Syracuse and there has been absolute radio silence about that visit since it happened. North Korea is more forthcoming with news than we have gotten about that NR visit. So Yeah, Andrew White may have visited 3 schools since we've been talking about it here. We don't know.

Yeah, but North Korea has a complexion and always has to show the world how big their willy is.

I don't see PC getting just 13 minutes a game.
Yeah i agreed with much of his speculation...except the Paschal part...JB seems to be excited about this young man, i ll go w that:

"Pretty good," he said with a laugh. "I like our team. The big guy [Chukwu]'s pretty good. He can block shots. He can block a lot of shots."

Yeah i agreed with much of his speculation...except the Paschal part...JB seems to be excited about this young man, i ll go w that:

"Pretty good," he said with a laugh. "I like our team. The big guy [Chukwu]'s pretty good. He can block shots. He can block a lot of shots."

With his size it probably only takes 5 or 6 steps to run the floor.

Syracuse coaches are "actively preparing for White's arrival."

That's what my "source" who happens to be my fiancé texted me at 12:02 PM EST.

f856db1b48d7de7ec48a06153e795817a778fe967dd82001c50e55fe0696097e.jpg

I was told that if for some reason White did not commit it would be as unexpected as Battle backing out on Michigan.

The SU coaches fully believe he's coming and they are the most cautious of all.

Got a client at 1 so O-13 is gone for a while!

Client? Who has a client on a friday?!?! You're suppose to be filling us in!

Orangeman13 said:
I was told that if for some reason White did not commit it would be as unexpected as Battle backing out on Michigan. The SU coaches fully believe he's coming and they are the most cautious of all. Got a client at 1 so O-13 is gone for a while!
Great info. You peeps wanna keep judging this dudes sources? Lol.

I was told that if for some reason White did not commit it would be as unexpected as Battle backing out on Michigan.

The SU coaches fully believe he's coming and they are the most cautious of all.

Got a client at 1 so O-13 is gone for a while!
this dude is now at the level that he talks in third person, and I'm strangely ok with it.

If White does come I like very much our chances for NC#2!

I'd be ecstatic if White committed to SU, but Duke, UK, KU, MSU, UNC, et cetera still will have something to say about SU's chances. It's not like other programs stopped recruiting and improving in the offseason and just let JB run all over them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom