Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming Boeheim does Boeheim, then or starters will be Gillon, Battle, White, Roberson, and DC. Or closing lineup we really don't know, but it's put my money on Gillon,Battle, White, Lydon, and Chukwu.
Agree 100% on the crunch time lineup. Was Gillon promised a starting spot? If not, my starting five is Battle, White, Lydon, Roberson, DC.

Dude: She's a Keeper!
You done good. You done real good.
"Actively preparing"?Are they making room in the trophy case?bThey have a jersey and number reserved for him? Preparing statement for Jimmy telling us not to get excited. Jimmy has done this for his entire career. Don't expect much If nothing good happens you won't be disappointed. If they blow everyone out he becomes a super coach. This is pure Jimmy and its worked for a long time.

Agree 100% on the crunch time lineup. Was Gillon promised a starting spot? If not, my starting five is Battle, White, Lydon, Roberson, DC.

No clue if Gillon was actually promised a starting role, but in my Q & A with him, he said: "I always have seen myself as a starter. I make the most of it when I do come off the bench but this is my last year and I want to have the best role I can. In my eyes that's being a starter and (playing) big minutes."

I was told that if for some reason White did not commit it would be as unexpected as Battle backing out on Michigan.

The SU coaches fully believe he's coming and they are the most cautious of all.

Got a client at 1 so O-13 is gone for a while!

The important question is walk-on Shaun Belbey going to give the number 3 jersey so AW3 feels loved?

Last edited:
Folks, no way Lydon doesn't start.

Imagine they'll try to go with Battle and White in the backcourt to start, but White will shift over to the 3 and Lydon to the 4 -- and sometimes 5.

Gillon will come off the bench and split time at the 1 and 2.

this is a reply from my georgetown friend after letting him know the news "
[7/8/16, 2:44:20 PM] Reps Direct: that guys stinks
[7/8/16, 2:44:28 PM] Reps Direct: ive followed him since high school
[7/8/16, 2:44:38 PM] Reps Direct: he wouldn't be on his 3rd team if he was good"

onDay'tay alktay aboutyay youryay eorgetownGay iendfray

First post on this thread, since I've generally abstained while trying to contain my abject excitement at the prospect of bringing in a player of AW's caliber to add to our current squad.

As long as we're all feeling confident that this kid is coming, I'm operating off the following assumptions:

(1) This is a prototypical "win now" team. You have a roster full of seniors, grad transfers and early entries. You don't screw around with "feelings" with this kind of team. You put the players out there that can get you dubs. Period.

(2) It's a great roster. Deep at every position. Experienced. Supremely talented. That said, you can only run out 5 at a time. There will be a numbers crunch and playing time for guys that may be used to/expect minutes will be affected.

(3) I have to believe AW and Gillon were promised starting roles from jump street. They were in-demand grad transfers with consolidated recruiting periods. There wasn't a lot of time to convince these players that Cuse was the right landing spot and we needed to be forceful and aggressive in our pitch. Starting and playing big minutes had to be a huge selling point.

With those concepts in mind, I think JB rolls out Gillon, Battle, Lydon, White, and DC as his starters.

Gillon is the experienced ball handler. Safe, steady, move to have him run point on a FF contender.
Battle may be the most talented kid on the roster with the most dynamic all-around game. He ain't riding pine for Frankie, no matter how much he showed last year as a freshman.
Lydon is a lottery pick. I cannot envision any scenario where he does not start and play 30+ minutes a game.
AW ain't coming here to sub in. He starts and is featured in our offense -- just as Mali would have been -- from day one.
DC is the only question mark here. He is the least impressive of the starters and, I think, will be pushed for time from PC from day 1. If I was a betting man, Chuwku will outplay him minutes wise 2-1.

Roberson is going to get his 25 minutes a game filling in at the 4 for Lydon when he is either resting or moving to the 5.3 (btw - Lydon's versatility cannot be understated ... he truly makes this team multi-dimensional).

Frankie will be the primary/only backup guard with AW filling in occasionally at the 2.

Moyer and TT will play during the out of conference schedule but see limited time in conference unless there is a serious foul problem with one of the top 8 guys.

Sick team, fellas. Sick, sick team. Can't wait for the season to start.

This is my money lineup.
I could give two frog farts as to who starts, really. Crunch time is where it's at!
Cha Ching!!! That's the sound of money and I agree, concur, endorse, rubber stamp whole heartedly that this is the starting lineup. Bottom line is we have the ability to field a devastating lineup with several permutations of the candidates on hand and available. The other teams will be treated to the poison du jour in the form of a Syracuse lineup like they haven't seen... They should all be pitied because they will be bludgeoned by wave after wave of killer lineup combinations.

How sweet it is to be Orange...!!!! ya freakin hoooo!

Lydon
White
Battle
Roberson
Gillon
PC
Moyer
DC
Howard

That's a legitimate 9 player rotation. I think Roberson will be the guy who has to fight for the most time but judging by his rebounds percentage and the improvement of his mid range game, it's going to be hard to keep him off the court as well.

If this happens, nobody is allowed to ever say anything remotely negative about the job our coaches have done for a long time!

I think you put yourself in a really bad position as a program if you lift grad student starters from other programs and not start them. So...I would think White and Gillon both start.

Lydon starts.

The other two spots get tricky.

Gillon
White
Lydon

My guess?
Roberson
Coleman

But it could be
Battle / Coleman
Battle / Roberson

I think the crunch time players will be:

Gillon
White
Lydon
Roberson
No flipping idea...could put 3 did people here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom