Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize it's become a rarity in the modern game but one thing this team will lack is a back to the basket post presence ala Arinze. We will not have a guy we can dump it inside to for an easy layup. And please don't mention Coleman-- until he proves he can do it, I won't believe he can. I guess Lydon might be able to provide that, but he doesn't look like he's bulked up much and that's not his strength.

One thing we should be good at: alley oops. We should be deadly at that. That will help us when are shots aren't falling.

Most teams dont have a back to the basket player these days. I love when we have one though.

I realize it's become a rarity in the modern game but one thing this team will lack is a back to the basket post presence ala Arinze. We will not have a guy we can dump it inside to for an easy layup. And please don't mention Coleman-- until he proves he can do it, I won't believe he can. I guess Lydon might be able to provide that, but he doesn't look like he's bulked up much and that's not his strength.

One thing we should be good at: alley oops. We should be deadly at that. That will help us when are shots aren't falling.

The clips of Gillon's penetrations and ability to score in the line at the tin or from mid range means that defenses will have to adjust to cut him off, which is going to set up tons of easy scoring opportunities for the likes of Roberson, Lydon, Chukwu, and Moyer. Alley oops galore.

The clips of Gillon's penetrations and ability to score in the line at the tin or from mid range means that defenses will have to adjust to cut him off, which is going to set up tons of easy scoring opportunities for the likes of Roberson, Lydon, Chukwu, and Moyer. Alley oops galore.

You could substitute "Battle" for Gillon in your first sentence as well. Plus, Battle can jump out of the gym too and will be the recipient of lobs too. This team will play above the rim. Moyer tries to dunk at just about every opportunity (let's hope he gets his fair share of chances).

I do wish we'd have more of a post presence. Who'd have thought Coleman would still be a question mark offensively at this juncture of his career?

I think Gillon/Battle/Howard feeding Lydon or Roberson should be a play like making a free-throw.

I was pretty stoked 2009-10, 2010-11, and 2011-12. Those were really good years. I think the 2009-10 season I was Orange drunk all through December.
Those teams were awesome, but not nearly as deep. When is the last time we had 2 legit centers (3 if you count Lydon), 4 wing players, and 2 guards who potentially play on the wing if needed?

Those teams were awesome, but not nearly as deep. When is the last time we had 2 legit centers (3 if you count Lydon), 4 wing players, and 2 guards who potentially play on the wing if needed?

Trust me, if we get AW3 I will be thoroughly Orange drunk probably all the way until the second week of January. Maybe even until the third week of January!

P.S. I just watch the Elite 8 game again off the DVR. Lydon was absolutely sensational that game playing center. Just saying.

Last edited:
RF2044 said:
That's how I see it, for the most part, as well. That's our "closing" lineup, for sure. I'd be surprised if it wasn't Battle, but could see Chukwu in the middle negating attempts while the others score. It really is too bad that Roberson wasn't 6-9 230 instead of 6-7 210 without too much shotblocking. If he can handle the pivot, the lineup would be SICK. Lydon is sure to beef up. He'll be better suited to handle the middle defensively in our system than he was last year. I think he'll play a lot there, too. Coleman / Chukwu will definitely play, as well. Lots of mixing and matching is what I'd expect to see, depending on matchups and how players happen to be performing on any given night.
There's a zero percent chance that Battle doesn't start. Zero. Kelvin scale zero

Foolish is a strong word. There is always insight into whatever it is you find irritating. What you find irritating is like a window into your own soul. For the most part, you only criticize in other people what you do not like about your own character. Relax, people do not always post the way you like it.

I agree. But, to borrow from one of the best, "this boy's soul is intact"

All good - excited to watch this squad next year.

I agree. But, to borrow from one of the best, "this boy's soul is intact"

All good - excited to watch this squad next year.

"All of life's riddles are answered in the movies."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors