Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 159 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

But do they have anybody that is a small forward? Trent and O'Connell look like shooting guards, though I suppose they'll play a 3-guard lineup as they usually do. Duval, Trent and Allen, with O'Connell mixing in. Hopefully, Tucker sees that instead of being a SF playing as a 4...

This worked out okay for Jayson Tatum; he's going to be a top 5-10 pick.

Wouldn't that actually be a recruiting violation? Isn't that one of the things that got Bruce Pearl into trouble at Tennessee; hosting recruits and their families at his home?
I think Pearl had his backyard BBQ during a dead period. That got him in trouble.

And people wonder why Duke can't stop anyone the past few years. Their recent interior D has been awful outside of the Okafor season.
Jefferson was serviceable - but yeah their interior D has been porous as he|| for a long time

I just saw an email to 75 parents (of boys on 3 separate but related soccer teams) asking if someone could give their son a ride home Saturday. I am sure I will see 5 more replying all to that. The lack of self awareness there is wild to me.

On a related note, I think most folks on this board would agree that it would be awesome if posters paused for just a moment before adding to these long recruiting threads. Opinions snd speculation etc are fine but most of us check it just to see if anything has developed - either definitely or that at least turns the needle in one direction or the other - and it's quite maddening to have to sort thru 10 pages per day to find 3-4 meaningful posts and see countless jokes, irrelevant discussions and "rinse lather and repeat" conversations about the same generic topics. Thanks much to those who employ this standard.

I just saw an email to 75 parents (of boys on 3 separate but related soccer teams) asking if someone could give their son a ride home Saturday. I am sure I will see 5 more replying all to that. The lack of self awareness there is wild to me.

On a related note, I think most folks on this board would agree that it would be awesome if posters paused for just a moment before adding to these long recruiting threads. Opinions snd speculation etc are fine but most of us check it just to see if anything has developed - either definitely or that at least turns the needle in one direction or the other - and it's quite maddening to have to sort thru 10 pages per day to find 3-4 meaningful posts and see countless jokes, irrelevant discussions and "rinse lather and repeat" conversations about the same generic topics. Thanks much to those who employ this standard.

I do think it's a funny coincidence that Tyus and his dad are in Atlanta. Just tried to lighten the mood, considering all the bickering that's gone on. Your post is fair and I get it but it's not rocket surgery. Most of us have tried to add credible info and opinion. My issue is with the bickering.

Next stop: TNT Studios? :p

He's down there to make one last pitch to the juice man. Tellin him the tyus and Tucker one two punch will be unstoppable and if he doesn't commit to cuse he's gunna tea bag his face with such a vicious dunk when they play duke this year that he will get all the publicity he has ever wanted when he's #1 on ESPN top 10 plays!

He's down there to make one last pitch to the juice man. Tellin him the tyus and Tucker one two punch will be unstoppable and if he doesn't commit to cuse he's gunna tea bag his face with such a vicious dunk when they play duke this year that he will get all the publicity he has ever wanted when he's #1 on ESPN top 10 plays!

That's assuming Tucker would even get into the game before Tyus iced the game and went off to rest and give the walk-on's a couple minutes!

And people wonder why Duke can't stop anyone the past few years. Their recent interior D has been awful outside of the Okafor season.

Which, considering Okafor's reputtion, is kinda funny.

Their adjusted defensive rankings the last 4 years: 47, 86, 12, 87.

That's really amazing when you think about it, they have all the talent in the world, and they've had one good defensive season in the last 4. Now granted, their offensive rankings have gone 6, 4, 3, and 1, but stil. Teams like UK, Kansas, UNC, Nova; they're generally elite on both ends.

Tremendous respect for Coach K and the Duke program. Sorry, but there is much more positive than negative there. Any program that produces a Jay Bilas is ok with me. However, the transition to a Kentucky-esque one and done factory will continue to negatively impact on court performance IMHO. End result is a incredibly talented team that can be maddeningly inconsistent. No real opportunity to grow year to year. No ability to implement more complex schemes on either end of the court. A need to rely on a vanilla plug and play system. And once March rolls around one inconsistent night away from watching the Final Four on tv while working out for the NBA draft.

Which, considering Okafor's reputtion, is kinda funny.

Their adjusted defensive rankings the last 4 years: 47, 86, 12, 87.

That's really amazing when you think about it, they have all the talent in the world, and they've had one good defensive season in the last 4. Now granted, their offensive rankings have gone 6, 4, 3, and 1, but stil. Teams like UK, Kansas, UNC, Nova; they're generally elite on both ends.

Coach K obviously needs to stop sitting in that man to man.