Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 160 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

I know people were ready to write off Tucker, but I get the sense he still hasn't made up his mind. The longer this drags on the more I like our chances. I know he likes Duke but I also know he likes Syracuse. The guy knows where he has the best opportunity to see 30+ mpg and it isn't at Duke. Even if he plays well at Duke, he will be coming off the bench as the 6th or 7th man. Here he would start immediately at the 3. Guys want to play and no matter how confident you are in your abilities, he has to know in his heart that we offer a better opportunity. Regardless, I just want this roller coaster to end so we can move on to whatever is next.

I know people were ready to write off Tucker, but I get the sense he still hasn't made up his mind. The longer this drags on the more I like our chances. I know he likes Duke but I also know he likes Syracuse. The guy knows where he has the best opportunity to see 30+ mpg and it isn't at Duke. Even if he plays well at Duke, he will be coming off the bench as the 6th or 7th man. Here he would start immediately at the 3. Guys want to play and no matter how confident you are in your abilities, he has to know in his heart that we offer a better opportunity. Regardless, I just want this roller coaster to end so we can move on to whatever is next.

I'm not writing it off, he won't play at Duke, and Gt hasn't made the ncaa tournament in 7 years, hoping he sees this is his best option.

Yeah, things are feeling better. Like someone else said (maybe 20 pages ago...lol), the longer this plays out, probably the greater chance we have.

We have a little mojo developing: first Tucker leaves Duke without committing, then we get Hughes, who is friendly with Tucker and now TB and JT are hanging out.

Yeah, things are feeling better. Like someone else said (maybe 20 pages ago...lol), the longer this plays out, probably the greater chance we have.

We have a little mojo developing: first Tucker leaves Duke without committing, then we get Hughes, who is friendly with Tucker and now TB and JT are hanging out.
Hopefully what many speculated that the offer was more of a notch on his belt is true. Maybe he's known all along where he wanted to go? Can't get that jersey picture when he visited out of my head.

Just when you let yourself move on, he pulls you right back in. Don't crush my heart now. If you didn't know the names of the schools, and listed everything each place offers, the events that have happened, who he knows where, then it would be a no-brainer which school he picks.

Which, considering Okafor's reputtion, is kinda funny.

Their adjusted defensive rankings the last 4 years: 47, 86, 12, 87.

That's really amazing when you think about it, they have all the talent in the world, and they've had one good defensive season in the last 4. Now granted, their offensive rankings have gone 6, 4, 3, and 1, but stil. Teams like UK, Kansas, UNC, Nova; they're generally elite on both ends.
There's more to defense than flopping.:noidea:

I think I said that a while back. I'm sure others did. I feel like if he was going to Duke he would would do it on the visit or right after. If it didn't happen until Sunday for example we had a great shot. Hopefully it plays out this way.