Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

His recruitment has gotten mighty quiet

Well, he's in Georgia and the staff is taking a wait-and-see attitude with him. He knows we still like him as an option if he keeps his focus and shows some maturity throughout his season.

Well, he's in Georgia and the staff is taking a wait-and-see attitude with him. He knows we still like him as an option if he keeps his focus and shows some maturity throughout his season.

Na I know that, I mean nationally...,no word on his visits (which I guess there havent been any) when he plans on cutting his list etc. There are no articles on him recently really or news of any coaches visiting. Kinda odd, getting towards crunchtime

Na I know that, I mean nationally...,no word on his visits (which I guess there havent been any) when he plans on cutting his list etc. There are no articles on him recently really or news of any coaches visiting. Kinda odd, getting towards crunchtime
That's the puzzling part. You would think that a few official visits would've been made this fall. It's not like he's some five star that can play it cool and have everybody hold a spot for him in the spring. Makes me wonder if his grades/test scores are an issue along with the other baggage that he carries?

Really not liking all of the red flags surrounding Tucker. Granted, he's a great talent, but I think I'd prefer it if we just moved on.

Everyone likes their own brand.
hi-res-33f96d8c07b16ef12ab839601fc0087f_crop_north.jpg

Ugh...was scrolling back up to the top of the page and came across this pic again. Makes me want to vomit every time I see it.

Ugh...was scrolling back up to the top of the page and came across this pic again. Makes me want to vomit every time I see it.

Just remember this same dude was crying on the bench and skipped the handshake line about 35 minutes later. I really do not like it when guys skip handshake lines. Brogdon, Gill and Toby had no such issues. It makes me question his leadership abilities this year. How much did he lean on these other guys. I'll be pretty interested in keeping tabs on his performance this season.

Just remember this same dude was crying on the bench and skipped the handshake line about 35 minutes later. I really do not like it when guys skip handshake lines. Brogdon, Gill and Toby had no such issues. It makes me question his leadership abilities this year. How much did he lean on these other guys. I'll be pretty interested in keeping tabs on his performance this season.

Even leadership and intangibles aside - I think it is going to be very difficult for him to stay as efficient as he has been now that he's going to have to be "the guy" on the perimeter for them.

I'm pretty bearish on UVA overall this year. They'll still be a top 20-25 team and a tough game every time they take the floor but they've lost a lot of great college players the last couple years and I think they feel it this season. Could be wrong but I see a lot of really good college role players but not that stud or two that they've had the last few years to put them into that next tier.

Even leadership and intangibles aside - I think it is going to be very difficult for him to stay as efficient as he has been now that he's going to have to be "the guy" on the perimeter for them.

I'm pretty bearish on UVA overall this year. They'll still be a top 20-25 team and a tough game every time they take the floor but they've lost a lot of great college players the last couple years and I think they feel it this season. Could be wrong but I see a lot of really good college role players but not that stud or two that they've had the last few years to put them into that next tier.
My prediction too. Yes they have the 6'9 transfer. He'll be very good. They have Perentes, who's captain of his own fan club, and a couple other good players. But to think they're going to be at the same level as the have been the last 2-3 seasons after losing Anderson (NBA), Gill, Toby and Brogden (grad.) ... just don't see it. So I agree with your analysis ... good (top 20 +/-) but not elite.

Last edited:
If we don't recruit Tucker it is what it is, but right now it seems like we have no prospects we are in good position for on the wing. It's Lonnie Walker and hope for the best.

If we don't recruit Tucker it is what it is, but right now it seems like we have no prospects we are in good position for on the wing. It's Lonnie Walker and hope for the best.
What about Hami?

Why are we not talking about Jordan Tucker much? I know we are all excited about the prospect of landing Quade, which I think will happen. Even the upcoming visit with Nick Richards offers a glimmer of hope that he's not 100% UK. But Diallo, Walker and Bamba are long shots.

Tucker, on the other hand, is a 4 star recruit who is listed on Crystal Ball as highly likely (70+%). He's got a sweet stroke. Where is the love for this kid?

Last edited:
Why are we not talking about Jordan Tucker much? I know we are all excited about the prospect of landing Quade, which I think will happen. Even the upcoming visit with Nick Richards offers a glimmer of hope that he's not 100% UK. But Diallo, Walker and Bamba are long shots.

Tucker, on the other hand, is a 4 star recruit who is listed on Crystal Ball as highly likely (70+%). He's got a sweet stroke. Where is the love for this kid?
Well, he's kinda been a Dick lately and we have cooled off on him...something about altercations with former coaches and some other stuff. Also, he transfered from stepinac to wheeler in GA, not as easy to keep tabs on being down south. Seems like the situation is that if he keeps himself out of trouble and we of course , don't get Hami or Walker...he will once again be top target. idk , just reading tea leaves and what's already been reported.

Last edited:
There is a lot to like about his game, no doubt. Kid can stroke it. But had some off the court negative marks against him. He is still going to be there for us.