Class of 2021 - SG Terrence Clarke (MA/Brewster) to Kentucky | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 SG Terrence Clarke (MA/Brewster) to Kentucky

I'm ok with it with an expectation that it is going on anywhere. Should probably ask USC fans if they preferred the Pete Carroll days to their current situation. I'd much prefer to be Kentucky or Duke currently than be irrelevant as we are now. But I'm sure you wouldn't because being able to make message board jokes about the elite teams dropping bags is definitely more enjoyable than being ranked in the top 10.

Yeah, I'd rather not cheat. Just because SOME other programs do it, doesn't make it acceptable. We are not, nor are we ever going to be Duke or Kentucky. Go root for them, if that's what you're looking for. Maybe we can ask UConn fans too? Virginia or Villanova is a great model. I'd rather go that route.

USC is in their current situation in part because they got caught cheating. BTW, I'm not making jokes. Kansas and Arizona could be in trouble. Louisville already is.

We're not "irrelevant" either. That's dumb. We tied for 6th in the ACC (best conference) and the 5 teams in front of us finished in the Top 15.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd rather not cheat. Just because SOME other programs do it, doesn't make it acceptable. We are not, nor are we ever going to be Duke or Kentucky. Go root for them, if that's what you're looking for. Maybe we can ask UConn fans too? Virginia or Villanova is a great model. I'd rather go that route.

USC is in their current situation in part because they got caught cheating. BTW, I'm not making jokes. Kansas and Arizona could be in trouble. Louisville already is.

We're not "irrelevant" either. That's dumb. We tied for 6th in the ACC (best conference) and the 5 teams in front of us finished in the Top 15.

Yes, so we tied for 6th last year which was our best conference finish since '13-'14.

irrelevant programs don't get official visits from the likes of isaiah jackson & dior johnson

Oh man, visits! Better chance of seeing me on Boeheim Court in 2022 after a court storming than seeing Dior there.

Yes, so we tied for 6th last year which was our best conference finish since '13-'14.

Sweet 16 year before last. Final Four in 2016. Seems relevant to me. When was the last time Duke or Kentucky made a Final Four?

I
Oh man, visits! Better chance of seeing me on Boeheim Court in 2022 after a court storming than seeing Dior there.

Go with commits then. We just got a Mcdonald’s AA last year in Darius Bazely. Who says these kids don’t want to play for a 70 year old coach that plays zone?! Irrelevant I tells ya! :)

Sweet 16 year before last. Final Four in 2016. Seems relevant to me. When was the last time Duke or Kentucky made a Final Four?

The people that act like that Sweet 16 run proves something are nuts. That was one of the most miserable seasons in memory and we lucked into being the last team in. If thats a good season to you then our expectations are way different and why you are so happy with the status quo.

I

Go with commits then. We just got a Mcdonald’s AA last year in Darius Bazely. Who says these kids don’t want to play for a 70 year old coach that plays zone?! Irrelevant I tells ya! :)

I'm not sure if this as meant to be serious or not. In case it was, Darius Bazely did himself decide that he didn't want to play for a 70 year old coach that plays zone. Its a sad state of affairs when folks are using guys that never spent a day on the hill as examples of recruiting relevancy. God, expectations and the bar for success are in the toilet.

The people that act like that Sweet 16 run proves something are nuts. That was one of the most miserable seasons in memory and we lucked into being the last team in. If thats a good season to you then our expectations are way different and why you are so happy with the status quo.

What about the FF run before that? Gonna pretend that didn’t happen too? I guess sweet 16’s and final fours make me happy.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this as meant to be serious or not. In case it was, Darius Bazely did himself decide that he didn't want to play for a 70 year old coach that plays zone. Its a sad state of affairs when folks are using guys that never spent a day on the hill as examples of recruiting relevancy. God, expectations and the bar for success are in the toilet.

He chose not to play college basketball at all. But if he did, he was playing for jimmy b. I love how you pretend that never happened, in order to fit your gloom and doom narrative.

He chose not to play college basketball at all. But if he did, he was playing for jimmy b. I love how you pretend that never happened, in order to fit your gloom and doom narrative.

Another of the weirdos that use the word narrative to ignore reality. Um...we have finished 6th or lower in the ACC for 5 straight years and our coach will turn 75 when conference season starts. Please take a look at how the other coaching legends in bball or football that stayed into their 70s ended up (Hint: Not good). I just don't get it. Do you think the last 5 years in which we are a .500 ACC team are just an aberration and we're just getting over the hump and our trajectory is pointing back upwards? I wish I could be that blind and just walk around with a smile everyday but I find it impossible to not see how things have been and don't see how or why that is going to change in the immediate future.

Another of the weirdos that use the word narrative to ignore reality. Um...we have finished 6th or lower in the ACC for 5 straight years and our coach will turn 75 when conference season starts. Please take a look at how the other coaching legends in bball or football that stayed into their 70s ended up (Hint: Not good). I just don't get it. Do you think the last 5 years in which we are a .500 ACC team are just an aberration and we're just getting over the hump and our trajectory is pointing back upwards? I wish I could be that blind and just walk around with a smile everyday but I find it impossible to not see how things have been and don't see how or why that is going to change in the immediate future.
Coach K is 72.

Coach K is 72.

And It's highly questionable at this point if he'll still be coaching in 2-3 years. His health appears to be real bad.

we haven't been in the mix for tc for months . . . so why drop into the thread to take a shjt on the coach & his program when there are so many other top flight players we are genuinely in the running for? why wouldn't a fan who looks forward to a good future embrace the positivity of those threads?

i just don't get some people

There was a pretty significant, externally imposed reason for why the past five years weren't on par with the preceding five -- when our program was in the midst of a resurgence. Let's not overlook the draconian impact those sanctions had.

I agree in the main with your point about JB otherwise. I'm greatly conerned. Doesn't mean that things can't / won't be turned around, but I'm tired of mediocrity.

I like the foundation that JB has rebuilt -- but I feel like the next two years will be telling.

And It's highly questionable at this point if he'll still be coaching in 2-3 years. His health appears to be real bad.

Then how come he keeps getting all those elite players, especially when he plays zone!? Jim Larranaga is 69. Look out Miami!

Maybe age has nothing to do with it. He’s coaching, not playing.

There was a pretty significant, externally imposed reason for why the past five years weren't on par with the preceding five -- when our program was in the midst of a resurgence. Let's not overlook the draconian impact those sanctions had.

I agree in the main with your point about JB otherwise. I'm greatly conerned. Doesn't mean that things can't / won't be turned around, but I'm tired of mediocrity.

I like the foundation that JB has rebuilt -- but I feel like the next two years will be telling.

I really like the foundation as well. Feels like we have all the supporting pieces to have a really competitive, deep team in another year or 2 but as of now missing the piece(s) that raises the ceiling back to being in the top 10-15 regularly as we had become used to and where we should be based on prestige, resources, facilities and spending.

I'm just never going to look back on a year like '16-"17 and think it was this huge success. Sure we got to the sweet 16 which is a remarkable achievement but that was one of the worst seasons I ever recall enduring. The offense was unbearable to watch for the majority of the season.

Then how come he keeps getting all those elite players, especially when he plays zone!? Jim Larranaga is 69. Look out Miami!

Maybe age has nothing to do with it. He’s coaching, not playing.

So you are cool with and excited by the current direction ofvthe program? That's what this realistically boils down to.

I really like the foundation as well. Feels like we have all the supporting pieces to have a really competitive, deep team in another year or 2 but as of now missing the piece(s) that raises the ceiling back to being in the top 10-15 regularly as we had become used to and where we should be based on prestige, resources, facilities and spending.

I'm just never going to look back on a year like '16-"17 and think it was this huge success. Sure we got to the sweet 16 which is a remarkable achievement but that was one of the worst seasons I ever recall enduring. The offense was unbearable to watch for the majority of the season.

Probation impacted the hell out of things.

And Bazley pulling unprecedented crap at the 11th hour was a big issue, as well.

Not the only reasons, but important ones.

Our inability to recruit impact lead guards has been a huge factor, too.

Probation impacted the hell out of things.

And Bazley pulling unprecedented crap at the 11th hour was a big issue, as well.

Not the only reasons, but important ones.

Our inability to recruit impact lead guards has been a huge factor, too.

Missing on ALL PGs since Ennis is at the top of my list of issues. PGs run college bball. Our only competent PG play since then was Gbinije playing out of position.

What about the FF run before that? Gonna pretend that didn’t happen too? I guess sweet 16’s and final fours make me happy.
Two Final Fours in the past 7 years (2013 and 2016). That’s better than all but a handful of college programs. This Chugger Tugger guy is cray. Yes, the past 5 regular seasons haven’t been of the high standards we’re used to in Cuse Nation over the past 50 years, but much of that can be attributed to the sanctions, which has been discussed ad nauseam, and then uncertainty with the coaching transition when Hop left. And even in the few “down” years since 2014-15, we still finished mid pack or better every year (in the best conference in the land) and made a Final Four and Sweet 16. This is the year we start building back to our usual powerhouse level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom