Shrader | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Shrader

Let me rephrase. I'm not suggesting that arm strength isn't somewhat of a minor issue, given the incredibly poor timing of when he got cleared just at the beginning of preseason camp.

To clarify, what I'm saying is that there's something off that has goes way beyond his arm or the surgery. He hasn't been the same player since he took that big hit early against Clemson.
I think the best he ever threw was the opener vs Louisville last season. He was still sharp at UConn. He was never at that level this season. Remember he was on a "pitch count". And after about 4 or 5 games this year, he said in an interview about his arm that this "was the new normal".

He clearly has stopped taking risks since the big hit early in the Clemson game. You know, the non-targeting targeting. Clemson's game plan was to take him out of the game.

One other thing... Garrett has said a few times that he has a girl friend now. Football may not be the most important thing to him any more...

I think the best he ever threw was the opener vs Louisville last season. He was still sharp at UConn. He was never at that level this season. Remember he was on a "pitch count". And after about 4 or 5 games this year, he said in an interview about his arm that this "was the new normal".

He clearly has stopped taking risks since the big hit early in the Clemson game. You know, the non-targeting targeting. Clemson's game plan was to take him out of the game.

One other thing... Garrett has said a few times that he has a girl friend now. Football may not be the most important thing to him any more...
I can't believe Sanders' kid got kicked out for targeting in the Colorado game tonight, but the hit in Shrader wasn't targeting.

Why dont we roll him out?
Do we roll out our qbs. I could be wrong but it seems DB wants his qbs to step up in the pocket not roll out. I remember Morgan when he was forced to play he rolled out a lot and made plays. After a bye and he started he did not roll out tried to step up in the pocket and got crushed. Similar with CDRW when he initially went in last year he rolled out but after that stopped rolling out and started trying to step up in the pocket.

I can't believe Sanders' kid got kicked out for targeting in the Colorado game tonight, but the hit in Shrader wasn't targeting.
Every Colorado game I watch Shilo is pulling some BS.

Do we roll out our qbs. I could be wrong but it seems DB wants his qbs to step up in the pocket not roll out. I remember Morgan when he was forced to play he rolled out a lot and made plays. After a bye and he started he did not roll out tried to step up in the pocket and got crushed. Similar with CDRW when he initially went in last year he rolled out but after that stopped rolling out and started trying to step up in the pocket.
I forgot Dino is the quarterback whisperer ...he created Jimmy G

And there you have it.
1698586789291.jpeg

When did he have surgery on his legs? Those don’t seem to work anymore either.

It’s the same old song and dance with Shrader. He gets banged up and then he stinks. That’s what’s happened every year he’s been here.

He runs upright, gets clocked repeatedly, and that dogs him the rest of the reason.

He’s always been a bad passer. He’s only a weapon when he can run. Past couple seasons his running went from great to gone.

Why dont we roll him out?
I have been calling for rolling the pocket a lot. But I am not a highly paid coach. So I must be wrong because a highly paid coach would know such things if they were the best option.

How do you help a QB get more time with a terrible line... quick hitters, a run game and rolling the pocket. I don't know

You still have to be able to block to do roll outs.
Yes, you do have to block to do almost every play. My point is that it might help him with his vision issues and slow down the opposing rush. You can run miss direction off it reverses off it anything to help slow down target practice which is what Shrader has become.

CDRW is lousy. Maybe they should just say screw it and let him play anyway. But every time I’ve seen him for 2 years he looks bad.
At the game on Thursday, they were doing one of those things on the Jumbotron where they move around three things super fast and the crowd has to guess which one it's hiding under 1, 2 or 3.

Carlos was warming up playing catch on the field during a timeout, sees this, stops everything he's doing to watch this for like a minute, and yells to the team his answer "It's 2!"

This isn't really relevant to anything, I just had to share it.

Let me rephrase. I'm not suggesting that arm strength isn't somewhat of a minor issue, given the incredibly poor timing of when he got cleared just at the beginning of preseason camp.

To clarify, what I'm saying is that there's something off that has goes way beyond his arm or the surgery. He hasn't been the same player since he took that big hit early against Clemson.
Yep

Unless Shrader is on crutches, I think Dino is going to start him the rest of the way.

Not fully recovering from surgery is a physical issue.
I’m thinking that he missed 6 months of weight lifting because of the surgery. I think he’s lost a lot of muscle mass and can’t take the hits anymore, so he’s not running like in the past.

My point is why not give Carlos and others an opportunity to make something happen when we are getting killed.
I think you’re answering your own question there.

I’m thinking that he missed 6 months of weight lifting because of the surgery. I think he’s lost a lot of muscle mass and can’t take the hits anymore, so he’s not running like in the past.
So who was the brilliant mind to recommend surgery? Why couldn’t he just postpone and schedule it after this season when his career is likely over anyway?

So who was the brilliant mind to recommend surgery? Why couldn’t he just postpone and schedule it after this season when his career is likely over anyway?
I don't remember the circumstances for GS that warranted surgery.

When I tore my rotator cuff and labrum my shoulder was at about 25% of what it was uninjured. That was with physical therapy and such. They did surgery. It's about 50%. Sure that is better than 25 but half of what it was before the injury. Curious if it's the same for him. Better than it was before surgery but still much worse than before the injury.

Shrader blowing the Clemson game and not getting us a win looks worse with how bad Klubenik has played this year.

Taking that hit was entirely his fault in this years game as well even if it was a targeting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom