Signature Win | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Signature Win

I agree. Most of them, I'm convinced, base their takes purely on box scores and a fuzzy memory of how teams have generally performed over the last few years. No real insight.

College football needs its own version of Ron Jaworski - a guy who actually watches hours of film and understands everything about every team he sees.
Hopefully that is what we have with the selection committee. I am skeptical overall, but our athletic director is on the committee and he claims to watch nine or 10 games every week to keep himself educated without relying on the talking heads and box scores.

Yes, but the Shafer era is only 20 games old.

Think about that for a second. 20 games and we have yet to be competitive in a big game. That's not good for a program that was left to him on the upward swing, and the prior year not only were competitive, but had 3 major upsets.

Think about that for a second. 20 games and we have yet to be competitive in a big game. That's not good for a program that was left to him on the upward swing, and the prior year not only were competitive, but had 3 major upsets.
Sure, but we were in the BE and we had what, 5 NFL players? Shafer inherited Hunt and tried to fix the QB postion with Drew Allen. Shafer did't have too many cards in his hand.

Sure, but we were in the BE and we had what, 5 NFL players? Shafer inherited Hunt and tried to fix the QB postion with Drew Allen. Shafer did't have too many cards in his hand.

We might have been in the Big East, but wins in big games are just that. I'm not even asking for Shafer to win. Just be competitive. For that to not have happened once is scary.

We might have been in the Big East, but wins in big games are just that. I'm not even asking for Shafer to win. Just be competitive. For that to not have happened once is scary.
Really looking forward to the visit to Clemson but first we've got to be able to play with them, and their program is a good one. It's going to be a great atmosphere for football albeit a hostile one. Keep it close and hope for the best.

We'll see.

Lets keep it competitive and beat Duke/Pitt and Bc.

yeah they are. I was going to say Duke and Louisville but yeah... Y know
I will say this. It has been an interesting league this year.

I was asking when. I wasn't suggesting that you'd never played in a tough venue, but I know y'all don't play Michigan Penn State, Miami, Alabama, Auburn, and Notre Dame every year.

Playing ND in the Meadowlands or in South Bend isn't big, playing PSU in Happy Valley isn't big, playing LSU in Death Valley won't be a big deal in a couple years (Honestly, I like that both Clemson and LSU claim the name. It is definitely one of the coolest, if not the coolest, of nicknames for a home field). We play FSU, is that big enough? If the Orange get rolling again, playing in the Dome is a tough place to play.

As for not playing Michigan, PSU, Miami, Alabama, Auburn and ND annually, Clemson's schedule doesn't come close, not really a comment with meaning. Tough venues are all over.

Playing ND in the Meadowlands or in South Bend isn't big, playing PSU in Happy Valley isn't big, playing LSU in Death Valley won't be a big deal in a couple years (Honestly, I like that both Clemson and LSU claim the name. It is definitely one of the coolest, if not the coolest, of nicknames for a home field). We play FSU, is that big enough? If the Orange get rolling again, playing in the Dome is a tough place to play.

As for not playing Michigan, PSU, Miami, Alabama, Auburn and ND annually, Clemson's schedule doesn't come close, not really a comment with meaning. Tough venues are all over.
I don't understand why you're upset. This reply doesn't really have anything to do with any of my posts on this topic.

Duke , who people here are oblivious to , has really played tough . Cutcliffe would be at the top of every SEC teams coach list. Miami also seems close to returning to the limelight , get a good test tonight against VT.
They've beaten Elon, Troy, Kansas, Tulane, Georgia Tech and Virginia. Way to schedule OOC Duke...
Dwight-Schrute-Michael-Scott-Raise-The-Roof-On-The-Office.gif

They've beaten Elon, Troy, Kansas, Tulane, Georgia Tech and Virginia. Way to schedule OOC Duke...
Dwight-Schrute-Michael-Scott-Raise-The-Roof-On-The-Office.gif
Since last September they are 14-3, losing to FSU in their undefeated NC season , Texas A&M with Johnny football and the Miami Hurricanes who have as much NFL talent as any team in the ACC.

Since last September they are 14-3, losing to FSU in their undefeated NC season , Texas A&M with Johnny football and the Miami Hurricanes who have as much NFL talent as any team in the ACC.

They were much better last year than they are this year.

They were much better last year than they are this year.
Cutcliffe brought in a huge , as in quality , class this year and I think some of those guys are going to make an impact in the next 5 games. We will see if they are anything when they come to the Dome.

and who did they beat in that timeframe? they appear to be in that GT/Miami tier right now. merely decent. probably belong around 20-30 both by resume and in a power poll.

When is the last time y'all played in a venue like Death Valley? (Honestly curious, I'm not trying to set anything up with that question.)

2013 @ FSU
2012 @ Mizzou
2011 @ USC
2010 @WVU, @UW

Those would be the only ones in recent years that would register in the same spectrum.

As much as I would rather be in the Coastal due to history vs Miami (fl) + Va Tech and the easier schedule, it is kind of nice being able to take a shot at Clemson and FSU every year.

I don't understand why you're upset. This reply doesn't really have anything to do with any of my posts on this topic.

Who's upset? You asked a stupid question, I responded. If you follow College Football, you would know that your question is simply not warranted. I tell you I like the name "Death Valley" and I'm upset? If I'm upset, it's because we can't call the Dome "The Dome of Death", just doesn't work.

Who's upset? You asked a stupid question, I responded. If you follow College Football, you would know that your question is simply not warranted. I tell you I like the name "Death Valley" and I'm upset? If I'm upset, it's because we can't call the Dome "The Dome of Death", just doesn't work.
I don't know Syracuse's past schedule. Why would I? I assumed you were upset because you ranted at an honest question. But it's all good. Hope you're coming down for the game.

I don't know Syracuse's past schedule. Why would I? I assumed you were upset because you ranted at an honest question. But it's all good. Hope you're coming down for the game.

I can't be there this season, but I am going to try in two years. Both "Death Valley" football stadiums are on my bucket list, both for the game experience and the tailgating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom