Silent G send to the D-League | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Silent G send to the D-League

This is only for guys that don't have an NBA contract correct? The contracts are guaranteed even if you get sent down to D league, aren't they?

Yes, to the extent they have a guaranteed contract in the first place. Some guys are on 10 day contracts, those who are likely to bounce back and forth between the end of the bench and the D League.

Which means the guys getting sent down aren't going to get the best possible competition level. How long can you play D league waiting for an NBA chance when you can make good money over seas. There are only so many earning years for an athlete. Its really a shame that the NBA doesn't have a good minor league to develop players. I hope Melo gets the pay raise through.

Something else they could think about is allowing guys to go right to D league out of highschool and then be draftable the following season. College isn't for everyone and it may spice up the product if fans think they are seeing the future stars of the NBA playing. They could even let Calipari coach one of the teams ;)

I think the money is too concentrated at the top. Don't the top 10 / top 20 guys in the league make enough extra from endorsements already? What is the difference between low-$20 millions per year for a star in recent years, and high twenties/low thirties under a new CBA? Is it worth sucking all the money out of the budget to build a roster, if there's not worth it if there's not enough money left to get decent professionals to fill out the roster? I'd rather see the top earner capped at a percentage of overall cap number, not just the league-wide max.

So if the team pays out big to sign a big star, they can't cheap out on the rest of the roster. They have to be forced to invest more money in the roster, when revenue sharing between the league and the union is based on a percentage of the overall revenues? Teams should be financially encouraged to field a competitive roster.

The reason that the stars get paid disproportionally more then their contribution to team wins is that they put butts in the seats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom