So now that we've lost | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So now that we've lost

I don't care about the fans growing a pair, I care about the team growing a pair. They've been playing like a junior high girls team lately.
I think one of the very few positives about tonight was CJ Fair showing he's got some stones and will never give up. Hopefully the team feels like absolute , as they should, for losing tonight and will learn from CJ Fair's determination and heart. I hope Tyler Ennis especially learns from this game.

We are collectively growing a bigger pair than we've had ALL SEASON and expressing the concerns that others have poo pooed and made us out to be negative Nancies if we dared utter them.

Do I think we can turn things around? Sure. But it's going to take my mind and heart some time to rationalize that with the mountain of data at hand suggests otherwise. Trust me, I will try my man but it aint happening right now.

That's fine, have a beer, have 20.

Sit down and let this loss set in. There's no other way to deal with it.

But don't go saying (not saying you did Captain) that its all over, boohoo we suck, stick a fork in 'em.

We're so much better than this.

If I've learned one thing as a Syracuse athletics fan it's that nothing is a given. Sure we layer two T Rex sized eggs. But there's reasons for that. We were up too high after the Duke game, got knocked down a few levels, got injured, got knocked down a few more and now here we are...hopefully rock bottom.

If our coach is as good as we all believe him to be, and if these players are truly the athletics and team players we think they are... then we'll have it figured out when it matters.

We're Syracuse University, we should be ready and healthy for the dance.

Maybe we were up to high after the Duke game, but losing to Bc and Gtech is unacceptable for any ncaa tournament team, let a lone a team that is suppose to be a high seed. If Maryland doesn't turn the ball over a million times, we are talking about a five game losing streak. I love this team as much as anyone, but I can't see how things are going to change.

Lets all collectively grow a pair. We've been here before.

Yes...in the NIT season of 2007-08. That's the last time I remember feeling like it would take a miracle to beat a bottom of the league team at home.

Maybe we were up to high after the Duke game, but losing to Bc and Gtech is unacceptable for any ncaa tournament team, let a lone a team that is suppose to be a high seed. If Maryland doesn't turn the ball over a million times, we are talking about a five game losing streak. I love this team as much as anyone, but I can't see how things are going to change.

If NC State doesn't hand us the game and Ennis doesn't make a 40 footer, we're on a 7 game losing streak.

We are not good at all, anymore.

Well, regardless...

I'm still picking Syracuse to win my bracket :)

When Jimmy Buffet hands me the cash, I'll make a gif of me dancing in it and post it in this thread.

SUballSUballSUballSUballSUball

as someone said in another thread .. the fire seems to have gone out on the team as shown by the current lack of enthusiasm on the bench .. they almost seemed bored or not into it..unlike earlier with DC jumping around and others `cheering them on .. I wonder if the other frosh wonder why they even bother to suit up .. and they never get a chance to help .. how many times has an opposing bench player come in and lit us up ..

If NC State doesn't hand us the game and Ennis doesn't make a 40 footer, we're on a 7 game losing streak.

We are not good at all, anymore.
Well, there was Maryland in the middle, but we almost gave that one away too.

Yes...in the NIT season of 2007-08. That's the last time I remember feeling like it would take a miracle to beat a bottom of the league team at home.

And at least that team -- far and away my least favorite of all time -- could score points in a number of ways.

This is brutal.

And at least that team -- far and away my least favorite of all time -- could score points in a number of ways.

This is brutal.

The 2002 team was worse, I actually dreaded watching cuse games.

I think the concern stage has been skipped altogether.

The 2002 team was worse, I actually dreaded watching cuse games.

It was really bad, but I kind of compartmentalized DeShaun from the rest of the team. And I did appreciate their effort during the NIT run.

Though that stretch where they were losing by 15 to everyone other than Virginia Tech was just horrible.

If I've learned one thing as a Syracuse athletics fan it's that nothing is a given. Sure we layer two T Rex sized eggs. But there's reasons for that. We were up too high after the Duke game, got knocked down a few levels, got injured, got knocked down a few more and now here we are...hopefully rock bottom.

If our coach is as good as we all believe him to be, and if these players are truly the athletics and team players we think they are... then we'll have it figured out when it matters.

We're Syracuse University, we should be ready and healthy for the dance.
The bold part is not necessarily accurate. Nothing is guaranteed just because of who we are. We struggled to beat decent teams when Grant was healthy, and we don't know how healthy he'll be for the tourney. This team has shown signs for concern for most of the season, even JB hinted at that a few times, that were ignored by fans because of our record and an exciting win over Duke at home.

You are absolutely correct when you say nothing is a given. We've lost to a 15 seed as a 2 and we've made improbable runs to the final four. Having said that, pretending there isn't reason for concern is foolish.

Last edited:
2005 Started 21-2, then lost 3 out of 4.
2006 Started 15-2, then lost 5 out of 6.
2007 Started 15-4, then lost 4 out of 5.
2008 Started 12-3, then lost 4 out of 5, followed shortly by losing 5 out of 6.
2009 Started 16-1, then lost 5 out of 6.
2010 A legitimate excellent team that never had a bad stretch.
2011 Started 18-0, then lost 4 straight.
2012 A legitimate excellent team that never had a bad stretch.
2013 Started 20-3, then lost 4 out of 5.
2014 Started 25-0, then lost 4 out of 5.

There's an obvious pattern here. A combination of easy early schedule plus limited rotation spells doom at the end of the regular season. 8 out of the last 10 years have been the same. This year, for the first time, I looked at this pattern and tempered my expectations. As last year showed, the NCAA tournament is a crap shoot, but I expect a result more like 2011 than 2013.

WOW.

No, you see, because LAST year we scored 37 against GTown and lost 4 of 5 and...

if I hear that said out loud, I may swing. Just a heads up.

It would be more helpful if you said what they were.

Grant ain't playing. Missing a stud hurts a team.

I hate to say it but they were not playing any better when Grant was playing. The last month has been a disasted and I drink the cool aid.

Briancuse said:
When was the last time we lost to two teams with a losing record at home?

When was the last time we lost to a team that ended up with 20+ losses?

Trueblue25 said:
If I've learned one thing as a Syracuse athletics fan it's that nothing is a given. Sure we layer two T Rex sized eggs. But there's reasons for that. We were up too high after the Duke game, got knocked down a few levels, got injured, got knocked down a few more and now here we are...hopefully rock bottom. If our coach is as good as we all believe him to be, and if these players are truly the athletics and team players we think they are... then we'll have it figured out when it matters. We're Syracuse University, we should be ready and healthy for the dance.

So maybe if we just laid an egg against Duke we wouldn't have been so high up and would have beaten BC? I don't get that explanation.

Trueblue25 said:
Well, regardless... I'm still picking Syracuse to win my bracket :) When Jimmy Buffet hands me the cash, I'll make a gif of me dancing in it and post it in this thread. SUballSUballSUballSUballSUball

Will he sing Margaritaville when he hands you the cash?

Warren Buffet is the rich guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom