So, total rebuild? | Syracusefan.com

So, total rebuild?

Yep

Might as well do the Dome renovation next year too. Gonna be tough selling season tics for next season anyway.

Yep

Might as well do the Dome renovation next year too. Gonna be tough selling season tics for next season anyway.
Might not be a bad idea.

Step 1. Announce dome rebuild
Step 2. Finish season
Step 3. Day after season fire HCSS and get new coach in ASAP to save the class

I think it's time. Rebuild now. A day after the BC game would be fine.

Hate to say it, buddy, but it might be time to change your avatar.

I truly am sorry to have said that.

What up and coming young coach would want to come to Syracuse to have his career derailed by a delusional fanbase. I hear a lot of people want a fast paced offense , well , it would take 2-4 years to get the athletes to make that work. In the mean time big fast ACC defenses will destroy them and put the SU defense in dire straights all the time. Can people who advocate for this accept numerous blow outs .

That offense was here in 2012. Were the athletes on that team much better or different?
Syracuse played in The Big East in 2012. The ACC with all this P5 money poring in is a bear. I believe I heard that the ACC had the most 1st round picks in last years draft. All the coaching staffs are excellent , you don't face that in G5 conferences or the old BE.

What up and coming young coach would want to come to Syracuse to have his career derailed by a delusional fanbase. I hear a lot of people want a fast paced offense , well , it would take 2-4 years to get the athletes to make that work. In the mean time big fast ACC defenses will destroy them and put the SU defense in dire straights all the time. Can people who advocate for this accept numerous blow outs .

Wanting to look competent and improve over the course of a season is delusional?

Wake Forest has competed in every game and improved. I realize that Clemson and FSU are a bit out of reach, but Wake, BC, NC State, Louisville and the entire Coastal division are beatable by a halfway competent staff.

Syracuse played in The Big East in 2012. The ACC with all this P5 money poring in is a bear. I believe I heard that the ACC had the most 1st round picks in last years draft. All the coaching staffs are excellent , you don't face that in G5 conferences or the old BE.
You don't think the 2012 team could have won a few ACC games this year?

To answer your question about blow outs, yes, I'm fine with it and I've long advocated for running the right offense and letting our players catch up to it. Even posted as much during the McDonald years, because while he was a bad OC, he was moving things in the right direction. He just executed horribly on it and wasn't up to the job overall.

I question that it will take 2-4 years to make a fast paced offense work. I believe it can work immediately, because right now enough coaches have figured out how to run offenses that perpetually keep defenses on their heels that good outcomes on offense should be an expectation, not a surprise. Plus, we do have some talent to work with. We can get immediately better on the offensive side of the ball, and that can immediately move our win-loss record in the right direction.

Wanting to look competent and improve over the course of a season is delusional?

Wake Forest has competed in every game and improved. I realize that Clemson and FSU are a bit out of reach, but Wake, BC, NC State, Louisville and the entire Coastal division are beatable by a halfway competent staff.
We are now dead last in the ACC in total defense and second to last in total offense. Everyone else is getting better and we are not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom