So, who will have the most productive first season? | Syracusefan.com

So, who will have the most productive first season?

Who will have the better first year, based on his NBA numbers?

• Michael Gbinije

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Malachi Richardson

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

SWC75

Bored Historian
I felt that Malachi was a Gbinije in the making whose upside was probably greater. At times last year, I thought he was G-man's equal with Mal being a freshman and G being a 5th year senior. At other times, Mal was painful to watch. At some point I felt he would obtain Mike's consistency with greater athleticism and shooting ability but I thought that might be as a junior if he stayed. I think Mike is much more ready to help a team right now so he would be my choice to have a better first season. At best, he'll be a role player but he can play that role right now.

Malachi needs to get much stronger and more consistent with his shot. NBA people who jsut saw the Virignia game and the work-outs may be a little disappointed. I realize the draft is about potential but JB makes the point that the players have just a couple of years to prove their value before their intial contract guarantees run out. I still think players who stay in college longer have a better chance of showing their NBA what they want to see in those two years, even if their draft status might suffer. I think that if Mal can prove his value in those two years, he'll have a better career that Gbinije. But he's taking a chance beginning that career now. And I think Mike will have the better first season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom