So with the weather today | Syracusefan.com

So with the weather today

sherrillcuse

Past IGGY Winner
And our not so great record how many will be in the Dome tonight for the game? I'm guessing under 15,000

weather will be fine for the drive to the dome unless you're coming down from Oswego. Liverpool, Cicero areas taking it up the derriere a bit but otherwise it's more of a nuisance event for everyone else.

tbonezone said:
weather's not really an excuse tonite. the dome attendance may well be a true barometer of fan interest in this SU team.

Are you north of Syracuse? Why wouldn't weather be a reason for some me not to come? It's still coming down hard here. Tonight will give ZERO indication of fan interest. Midweek game, no students, snow storm.

OrangeXtreme said:
I'll be there with 2. Or 8. Depending on if I can drive or if I have to use the sled dogs.

2-6 here.

How's it looking up there right now? I'm still deciding if I should drive up from north of Scranton...

Are you north of Syracuse? Why wouldn't weather be a reason for some me not to come? It's still coming down hard here. Tonight will give ZERO indication of fan interest. Midweek game, no students, snow storm.

First. If your a local you been a local for years been through Syracuse winters over and over. If your a real fan and have tickets or season tickets get to the game and support your team. So leave a little early clean off that car and warm it up good and if weather dictates just drive slow and careful.

Don't give me weather as an excuse not to go tonight. Been through enough Syracuse snow storms don't faze me.

west virginia sold out in major storm last night. tonites crowd will give some indication of fan fervor imo.

My condolences (though I'm sure you are more than happy to support your child's athletic endeavors)

Meh it is what it is. Ive probably been to 500-600 hoops games in the dome in my lifetime so as I get older and the kids get busier the craving to go to every game (at least in my world) has decreased a little every year.

First. If your a local you been a local for years been through Syracuse winters over and over. If your a real fan and have tickets or season tickets get to the game and support your team. So leave a little early clean off that car and warm it up good and if weather dictates just drive slow and careful.

Don't give me weather as an excuse not to go tonight. Been through enough Syracuse snow storms don't faze me.
If only all of us could be so Hulkish.

tbonezone said:
west virginia sold out in major storm last night. tonites crowd will give some indication of fan fervor imo.

Lol. Yea, 12000 vs Kansas is the same as tonight.

CuseHulk said:
First. If your a local you been a local for years been through Syracuse winters over and over. If your a real fan and have tickets or season tickets get to the game and support your team. So leave a little early clean off that car and warm it up good and if weather dictates just drive slow and careful. Don't give me weather as an excuse not to go tonight. Been through enough Syracuse snow storms don't faze me.

So you're gonna go around and shovel people's driveways. Some people may get home at 530-6 and have a foot of snow to clear out of the driveway. Side streets here haven't even been touched yet.

So you're gonna go around and shovel people's driveways. Some people may get home at 530-6 and have a foot of snow to clear out of the driveway. Side streets here haven't even been touched yet.

Exactly I did clear mine at 5:30 this morning and I know no one has done it since. Since I have to work at the game tonight I will not be home tonight until after the game around 11:30 PM or so. I will be snow-blowing again then since we have continued to get snow throughout most of the day.

Also I figured we had the leaf rakers for football now we can have the snow shovelers for hoops...

its true. Daughter has a big soccer game so I cant miss it. All part of being a parent
But if you're going to be glued to your phone you might as well just go to the dome. Not saying you're one of them, because how would I know, I just find it sad how many parents these days pay more attention to their phones than their kids at sporting events, restaurants, or just being out and about.

Talking about weather being no excuse not to drive to the game, brings fondly to mind my first, or was it my second year, at SU. I transferred to Syracuse in 1976. I went to school in Boston prior to that so I had some experience with driving in snow- but that really didn't prepare me for a Syracuse winter.

Not fully appreciating lake effect snow I rented a garden apartment half way down Lime Street. Now the thing about Lime Street is, it is a nice size downhill (see below) T-ing into Erie Blvd- and believe me when I tell you it looked like a 90m ski jump, truly!, when it was snowing heavily and the street was slicked over. And, I was driving a Toyota TR5 stick shift at the time (second pix below) . YEE-HAW!

Being young and stupid I just forged ahead and ultimately learned how to shift through the gears, slip sliding down the hill and into the driveway. It was scary at first but I gotta say, after a month of practice I got as good at threading the needle and making the turn into the driveway as Hal Cohen was making free throws that year. But on the rare occasions when I missed and slid down the hill doing 360s as I headed for the T intersection with Erie, time slowed down, fear welled up in my throat as I prayed that I would stop short of the intersection, or if not, that no one would hit me as I came sliding across the Blvd. I survived with no accidents. And wouldn't you know, one of the benefits of those experiences which lasts to this day is, I learned the hard way how to drive well in the snow.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No excuse indeed.

Lime Street Syracuse.jpg

Toyota TR-5 1976.jpg

Last edited:
FrancoPizza said:
But if you're going to be glued to your phone you might as well just go to the dome. Not saying you're one of them, because how would I know, I just find it sad how many parents these days pay more attention to their phones than their kids at sporting events, restaurants, or just being out and about.

No wifi in the soccer center so im blind tonight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom