Some absurd offensive stats so far: | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Some absurd offensive stats so far:

Watching the game vs UConn was like watching last years offense vs this years. I really like the 2016 version so much more. Watching Shirreffs reminded me of last year Dungey. The systems as well.

Watching the game vs UConn was like watching last years offense vs this years. I really like the 2016 version so much more. Watching Shirreffs reminded me of last year Dungey. The systems as well.

As to the exciting offense point, we have several friends that are much more interested in watching SU now because they can score at any given point.

Losing and scoring is one thing.

Losing, having constant 3 and outs and not scoring is a whole other thing.

The points will lead to more wins. Patience.

As to the exciting offense point, we have several friends that are much more interested in watching SU now because they can score at any given point.

Couldn't agree with this more. I used to get my wife to one SU football game a year. She has been to both home games and is already asking me when the next one is...entertainment value right now is really going a long way. As you said, patience...

Points are a lagging indicator. You have to first have the ability to move the ball and execute, unless you have elite talent. The fact is that yards and 3rd down conversions are WAY up over the last three years. Once they up the yards per play and get the run game at least moderately productive points will come.

Friends and ACCish co-workers have noticed the same. Not necessarily the scoring, but the passing and the yardage. 500 yards per game is making people notice more. We've basically reduced the pessimism to one side of the ball, which is a nice first step.

But then I looked at the Ticketmaster site for the VT game. Oof. I really hope that's a late buying crowd. It looks like half the stadium is available. I'd like to think a win this weekend would help, but how many would say so what Duke beat them, they're a 1-4 mess.

Friends and ACCish co-workers have noticed the same. Not necessarily the scoring, but the passing and the yardage. 500 yards per game is making people notice more. We've basically reduced the pessimism to one side of the ball, which is a nice first step.

But then I looked at the Ticketmaster site for the VT game. Oof. I really hope that's a late buying crowd. It looks like half the stadium is available. I'd like to think a win this weekend would help, but how many would say so what Duke beat them, they're a 1-4 mess.

Won't matter--ND would be a signature win for Coach Babers, and get the fanbase excited no matter how poor they are this season.

It's freaking Notre Dame.

Agreed. attendance is at an all time low right now, it's gotten really bad. At least we could get some semblance of a crowd to some of the bigger names a few years ago. Casual guy is still nowhere to be found yet, going to take time there

Agreed. attendance is at an all time low right now, it's gotten really bad. At least we could get some semblance of a crowd to some of the bigger names a few years ago. Casual guy is still nowhere to be found yet, going to take time there
casual guy has gotten burned before, some huge stinkers at home after the pinstripe years. they're going to need a little more assurance. i think they'll get it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom