Some of you guys need to calm down. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Some of you guys need to calm down.

I wasn't even talking about 5* guys. I'm talking everyone else. There's nobody left.
There are a few. None other than Tucker that we are really in on I believe though.

17/18 will be ok assuming Battle comes back.

Howard
Battle
TT
Moyer
Pascal
Brissett
Sibide

Add a small forward grad transfer that can shoot and we are fine. I will ride out with the trio of Howard, Battle and TT any day

Cut the crap with your pretentious soapbox speech It perfectly fine to feel disappointed and dis respected by Green He kept us hanging forever and undermined us 1 week ago He is not a little boy and should have some degree of integrity and loyalty at 18 cmon now. Your comments are better suited for the hair salon

Integrity and loyalty to what? He's not and never was a Syracuse player. You just assumed it. If you feel disrespected by a teenager you never met, again, recruiting isn't for you.

Qua

Quade had all the opportunity to commit to the CUSE and kept going to more and more recruiting trips which should have been a sign that we were not good enough for him (wanted a Duke Offer, wanted a Kentucky offer, etc). He delivered a GUT punch to Syracuse. It is over. He is now one of many college players that I will not root for. Can't waste the time on him especially how he treated and led Syracuse on.

Move on and enjoy the season and hope we find another pg for next year that wants to be in Syracuse.

Yup -- I remember on this board, very respected posters who know the deal said Quade seeked attention and wanted to make sure to pick up Duke and UK schollies -- just to get them. He got them, but still didn't commit. At the same time, Matt Coleman scheduled a visit -- and while we may not have been high on his list, we told him we are all in on Quade. Bridge burned. Now the little prima donna who wanted all the attention would rather be Plan B at UK (I'm sure his headband was a message to that thought) and string us along. But for perspective, we have been burned by much better PGs before -- Quade is nowhere near the class of a Marbury or an Anderson -- and we did ok.

However, let's be real -- this class was very important for the future of this program. It's obviously not going as planned.

Howard
Battle
TT
Moyer
Pascal
Brissett
Sibide

Add a small forward grad transfer that can shoot and we are fine. I will ride out with the trio of Howard, Battle and TT any day
Snag Tucker and grad Transfer and we can just call it a reload.

Howard
Battle
TT
Moyer
Pascal
Brissett
Sibide

No, don't you know, after this year we're shutting down the program.

If you can't handle the fickle nature of 17 and 18 year old kids, you probably should stop paying attention to recruiting. Like, for your own sake. And for the kids sake. Seriously, seeing people badmouth and insult kids here and on Twitter over their life choices is beyond asinine and just a little sad. I'm assuming most of the people on here are grown ass adults. Act like it. And if you can't, then take a step back and do something else with your time that doesn't aggravate you nearly as much.
465ef16462e8c6dfbf3560a5391470ca.jpg

I see people in here agreeing, yet still acting salty. So I'll reiterate to this specific thing. Dude changed his mind. Yeah he was hard in on us for two years but again, teenagers can change their minds just like that. And he did.

You want to get mad? Get mad at the coaching staff that put all of their figurative eggs in the Green basket and had the hubris to think there was no way he could flip. That's worth getting mad over. Quitting on Duval and developing no relationships to fall back on is what's worth getting mad over. And I'd say that's most of the reason why you guys are mad, because we have no backup plan. You're just taking it out on Green because he's an easy scapegoat and it's a roundabout way of being mad at the program without actually talking badly of the coaches or recruiting plan.
Irony - a repeated call for humility from someone who addresses themself as "Czar".

Posters were told to calm down two months ago when commits weren't happening: "relax we're involved with a lot of high end talent!!"

And at the end of the day, involved and $3 will get you a large coffee at Dunkin'

Watching Green & Richards with Hami at UK next season is going to be tough.

This all but guarantees Battle declares for the draft even if he's a 2nd rounder.

It's pretty sad reading all of these posts of adults bashing a kid who made the best decision that he thought for him and his family. Quade doesn't owe Syracuse anything. If he couldn't play ball these college coaches wouldn't care 2 cents about him, and if a kid doesn't pan out these coaches are quick to push the kid right out the door and move on right to the next kid. All the FAKE love. They love you than they hate you. I told the forum a long time ago that Quade is a smart kid and he knows the game. He was taught at an early age to use them the same way they use you. I told you a long time ago that Quade is trying to take care of his mother, who is a single parent. He is getting that bag and trying to get to the NBA. I have nothing but respect for the kid.

Last edited:
It's pretty sad reading all of these posts of adults bashing a kid who made the best decision that he thought for him and his family. Quade doesn't owe Syracuse anything. If he couldn't play ball these college coaches wouldn't care 2 cents about him, and if a kid doesn't pan out these coaches are quick to push the kid right out the door and move on right to the next kid. All the FAKE love. They love you than they hate you. I told the forum a long time ago that Quade is a smart kid and he knows the game. He was taught at an early age to use them the same way they use you. I told you a long time ago that Quade is trying to take care of his mother, who is a single parent. He is getting Anna and try to get to the NBA. I have nothing but respect for the kid.

Oh stop. He got paid and played. Cal wants the guys he can bring with him. And will recruit over him next year.

It's pretty sad reading all of these posts of adults bashing a kid who made the best decision that he thought for him and his family. Quade doesn't owe Syracuse anything. If he couldn't play ball these college coaches wouldn't care 2 cents about him, and if a kid doesn't pan out these coaches are quick to push the kid right out the door and move on right to the next kid. All the FAKE love. They love you than they hate you. I told the forum a long time ago that Quade is a smart kid and he knows the game. He was taught at an early age to use them the same way they use you. I told you a long time ago that Quade is trying to take care of his mother, who is a single parent. He is getting Anna and try to get to the NBA. I have nothing but respect for the kid.
No one is knocking him for going to UK. The issue is he totally f'ed with the coaching staff for 2 years. I get it, he wants get to the NBA. So does Tyler Lydon, DaJuan Coleman and John Gillon. This kid went about it the completely wrong way. He waited 2 years for a UK offer, and instead of accepting it once it came, he dicked around for 6 months, and it cost us several other recruits. It is obvious you have some tie to Q based on your posts today, but he had 2 years to commit to SU and he didn't - and for that fact he had 6 months to commit to UK and waited until now. He held SU hostage and it is has effected us in several recruiting battles. You're right, he can do what he wants, but we dropped everything for him, and he wasn't honest with us.

Save the story bro. I'm sure mama iso already packing her bags for her new house

What do you think a "bag" is? Stop it? You don't have a clue. I know the kid personally and his mother Tamika. Go back a read my posts. Like I said stop bashing a kid who made the best decision for himself and his family.

I have never wished bad upon a kid for not choosing us, it's the nature of recruiting today. But QG fell pray to Calipari's game, and he'll undoubtedly pay for it. At the end of the day, he's a 6'0 PG with average athleticsm and I hope for his sake that Cal promising him the NBA in 2 years comes to fruition because otheriwise this was all for nothing

What do you think a "bag" is? Stop it? You don't have a clue. I know the kid personally and his mother Tamika. Go back a read my posts. Like I said stop bashing a kid who made the best decision for himself and his family.
I thought you said his mom's name was Anna?

No one is knocking him for going to UK. The issue is he totally f'ed with the coaching staff for 2 years. I get it, he wants get to the NBA. So does Tyler Lydon, DaJuan Coleman and John Gillon. This kid went about it the completely wrong way. He waited 2 years for a UK offer, and instead of accepting it once it came, he dicked around for 6 months, and it cost us several other recruits. It is obvious you have some tie to Q based on your posts today, but he had 2 years to commit to SU and he didn't - and for that fact he had 6 months to commit to UK and waited until now. He held SU hostage and it is has effected us in several recruiting battles. You're right, he can do what he wants, but we dropped everything for him, and he wasn't honest with us.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So you're just mad because he did to the staff the same thing that the staff does to kids all the time. I guess that make sense. Why don't you take a long look at the kids they pushed out of here over all the years because they didn't live up to their standards. It happens all over the country. Who cares if Quade strung the staff along. Basketball coaches string recruits along every day. Stop it and go find something better to do than talk bad about an 18 year old kid.

Cut the crap with your pretentious soapbox speech It perfectly fine to feel disappointed and dis respected by Green He kept us hanging forever and undermined us 1 week ago He is not a little boy and should have some degree of integrity and loyalty at 18 cmon now. Your comments are better suited for the hair salon

Before you drop Duval and others you get make the sale or you keep selling to everyone. Until the Ts are crossed and the Is are dotted you be prepared. We were not.

At the end of the day, he's a 6'0 PG with average athleticsm and I hope for his sake that Cal promising him the NBA in 2 years comes to fruition because otheriwise this was all for nothing

Actually, more like 5'11 (6'o in heels though).

And yeah, after two years he just realized UK was the best place for him and his family after Tuesday night. OK.

Actually, more like 5'11 (6'o in heels though).

And yeah, after two years he just realized UK was the best place for him and his family after Tuesday night. OK.
Clearly, the pay is better.

Heck, he's 5'11". He knew he would suck playing zone.