Some of you stand corrected. We have only 1 bad loss | Syracusefan.com

Some of you stand corrected. We have only 1 bad loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuseHulk

Starter
Clemson is about to beat number 16 Louisville at home. ST. Johns on the road is really our only bad loss. Plus we have two top 25 wins against Connecticut and Texas A & M. Lot's of season to play. Plus we have won each of these 4 conference games or be least 3-1.

It's still early to look at RPI, but:

Wisconsin (111)

Georgetown (104)

St. John's (183)

Clemson (163)

From realtimerpi.com

silly to go by rpi right now
It's as valid of an approach as subjectively judging teams. I won't be surprised if none of those teams crack the Top 100 by the end of the season.

Clemson is about to beat number 16 Louisville at home. ST. Johns on the road is really our only bad loss. Plus we have two top 25 wins against Connecticut and Texas A & M. Lot's of season to play. Plus we have won each of these 4 conference games or be least 3-1.
We're 10-7. We're far from having to worry about bubble metrics.

If that makes you feel better than fine. They still lost the games and are still winless in conference. Good teams fine ways to win games, this team hasn't. The consistent lectures from you to people who say this is a weak team is very tiresome. They are having a bad season by syracuse standards. I'll still watch every game, hope they win, but my admitting this team is not very good does not me less of a fan.

It's as valid of an approach as subjectively judging teams. I won't be surprised if none of those teams crack the Top 100 by the end of the season.
It's anything but valid at this point in the season. All you have to do is look at it for about 30 seconds to see that.
g'town, clemson and Wisc will all be top-100 teams when the rpi matters at all.
(not that it somehow makes SU's resume right now look "good")

We're 10-7(0-4). Really no need to label losses as "good" or "bad" when we have this many of them. Reality is, we have a lot of losses. It is what it is. Your blame game and rationalization of everything is pointless. Get a new gimmick.

It's anything but valid at this point in the season. All you have to do is look at it for about 30 seconds to see that.
g'town, clemson and Wisc will all be top-100 teams when the rpi matters at all.
Neither approach is valid at this point, but when in doubt, I'll take data over the "eyeball test."

Clemson is a bad loss, I don't care who they beat at home, they aren't very good. We came out flat in a game we had to have.

10-7.

Still play Duke, louisville, Virginia.

Only hope is winning the ACC tourney. This isn't that difficult to understand, people.

We are having a really poor year. Accept it.

I got killed yesterday for saying we aren't a good basketball team, things aren't going to get much better.

All losing teams fan boards have these kind of threads. BC, Wake...we were so close and this isn't a bad loss. Wha-wha-wha. At the end of the year they're at the bottom of the conference. We're starting to sound like them. What a nightmare.

With Clemson. VTech, and Georgia Tech all winning big games at home this week, it also should show you something else.

You can't go 0-3 in consecutive meaningful home games (excluding the cupcakes)

upload_2016-1-10_16-35-6.jpeg

GoHamSU said:
10-7. Still play Duke, louisville, Virginia. Only hope is winning the ACC tourney. This isn't that difficult to understand, people. We are having a really poor year. Accept it.

Some fans choose not to accept it and will still support the team and hope it gets turned around to make the best out of the season. I hope the team doesn't give up. I don't think JB will allow them to. This fan isn't throwing in the towel.

We've lost way too many games and we aren't that good, but I've seen Boeheim turn things around before so I'm not going to consider the rest of the season an automatic loss just yet.

Some fans choose not to accept it and will still support the team and hope it gets turned around to make the best out of the season. I hope the team doesn't give up. I don't think JB will allow them to. This fan isn't throwing in the towel.

Just because it's accepted that we're not a top ACC team does not mean the teams been given up on or we're not supporting the team.

two3zone said:
Just because it's accepted that we're not a top ACC team does not mean the teams been given up on or we're not supporting the team.

The post I responded to said our only hope was winning the ACC tourney. I'm not giving up in the season.

The post I responded to said our only hope was winning the ACC tourney. I'm not giving up in the season.

14 ACC games left, we need to go 9-5 to hit .500 in ACC play. I'm not throwing in the towel but that is going to be difficult to do.

I honestly wouldn't be as concerned with the 0-4 this season as I am if it wasn't for the St John's game, add in everything else it's tough to believe we can finish it off 9-5.

good teams win games

bad teams who beat us that win other games just show that it can be done, and we are not the one doing it

maybe I should cry about something just as ridiculous, like starting conf play with 2 road games

Last edited:
The losses without Boeheim essentially don't matter. Count them like half a loss.

Because Hopkins is half the coach JB is?

That's a low blow on Hop. The committee won't be taking the losses under Hop into consideration nearly as much as they would if Boeheim was coaching, per their advisement. That's what I was saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom