Somebody in Syracuse who is this Chris McManus clown? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Somebody in Syracuse who is this Chris McManus clown?

Opposite of my opinion. Patterson Will never be a good high D-1 player. BJ, with some strength, could be a good piece of a winning ACC team.

Patterson was always considered a bench guy and would have sat the bench for 4 years without any issue. BJ has the talent to make something out of basketball career wise in a pro league, he needs to play and it wasn't going to happen here, especially with Lydon here and other recruits coming in the future. What personal benefit does BJ have by staying? BJ had no benefit sitting on the bench with his skill set here.

Patterson was always considered a bench guy and would have sat the bench for 4 years without any issue. BJ has the talent to make something out of basketball career wise in a pro league, he needs to play and it wasn't going to happen here, especially with Lydon here and other recruits coming in the future. What personal benefit does BJ have by staying? BJ had no benefit sitting on the bench with his skill set here.
Patterson didn't seem to fit, here at least. BJ seemed like a smaller maybe slightly less athletic james southerland. i think the investment the staff made in southerland was a luxury, and unfortunately it couldn't be afforded in this case. i love program kids that are great off the court. but the program got hammered and had to make bad decisions.

Patterson didn't seem to fit, here at least. BJ seemed like a smaller maybe slightly less athletic james southerland. i think the investment the staff made in southerland was a luxury, and unfortunately it couldn't be afforded in this case. i love program kids that are great off the court. but the program got hammered and had to make bad decisions.

I don't disagree with what you said, but what I said was in regards in would they still be here without the sanctions. I think BJ was long gone even without them.

Hey everyone. I am the clown. I read the site fairly often. Glad some of you like us. I enjoy reading. Some of the best Cuse fans I know post on here all the time. Hope you don't hold it against us personally if you don't like some of our opinions. And Steve is actually a good guy in real life, even if he picked UConn to beat Saint Doug. Few things on the hoops penalties...

I really don't think the punishment is all that excessive and I really don't want to be "hot take" guy in the media. My opinions come from all the people we've talked to about this, on and off our show. And we were pretty proud of how many guys we had on that people would want to hear from. Anyway, doesn't make my opinions right; lots of smart people disagree, but it's definitely not just for attention. I think different people are offended or not offended by different parts of the 94 page report.

To me, I don't know how anyone on the hill is supposed to police what the players do at a YMCA. An estimated few thousand dollars worth of extra benefits over eight years is laughable, especially now that they get that much over a couple of years with the cost of attendance stipend. They should be embarrassed that it took them eight years to come up with that.

The drug test thing is neither a competitive advantage nor morally indefensible, in my opinion. But how hard is it to follow your own policy? The previous administration left them without a leg to stand on with that.

Cusefan, the reason we spend the most time on the academic part is because, to us, it's the worst part. We carried the conference call with the Committee on Infractions that day, and the spokesman spent the most time on the culture, monitoring, (other buzzwords) that would allow for the Fab Melo incident to happen. That's where the NCAA had the biggest problem. They are now saying that the coaches will be held responsible for the actions of their subordinates (Stan Kissel, in this case). I think we will be seeing more of this in future cases. I don't think JB is morally bankrupt or a cheater, but if they want the culture to change, they have to stop allowing the "I was unaware" defense. It's been allowing coaches all over the country to tell their people, "I don't care what you have to do, just get him eligible," which the subordinates are obviously going to follow. I have no idea if that happened here, but they are making it the coaches' business to make sure that doesn't happen at their programs.

For the record, I do think the academic priority in the NCAA is mostly a farce, but if they don't pretend to care (by punishing coaches and programs like this), their whole system will be in jeopardy as the lawsuits keep coming. I could spend the rest of my life complaining about the setup of the NCAA and the member institutions that allow this archaic system just so administrators can line their pockets, but for now, this is our lousy system.

And, bottom line, the penalties don't cripple them. They're thin next year, but that's not entirely NCAA related. The 2016-2018 rosters could be loaded in spite of the penalties, so I really don't think the punishment is as bad as people make it out to be.

Hey, this is Pat, Long Time Listner, First Time Reply-er.

Love the show and Please, Please, Please find a way to take back the 5PM drive-home slot from Brent Axe. He makes my ears bleed and I am running out of excuses to leave work early.

Keep up the good work.

Some responsibility, yes. But firing the guy for not doing his job IS what someone does when they have responsibility for oversight. That's what a responsible executive does. That's what Boeheim did.

Also kicking the player out of school and losing out on having the player for the NCAA tournament are severe enough penalties that were already suffered before the NCAA got involved. He shouldn't also be required to vacate more than 100 wins, be suspended for games, and also be subjected to a clearly punitive and capriciously arbitrary scholarship restriction.

It is borderline absurd, frankly. He's not allowed to get directly involved, but he's held 100% accountable for every minor slip up, even when he's already addressed said slip ups by terminating the employee. Talk about hypocritical messages.

Way too much common sense in this post...

Person 1: The penalty fits because, uhhh, because it does - wrongs were committed! Wrong, wrong, wrong!!

Person 2: That's fine. I think it's excessive though.

1: Nope. Without penalties we have no enforcement.

2: I know, but the penalties are seemingly too harsh and seem arbitrary in the context of the violations.

1: What, you think everyone should get a free pass, dummy??? The NCAA is about enforcement, we need penalties.

2: No, I can acknowledge we deserved a penalty, but...eh, screw it.

1: But, without penalties it's chaos!!!!! We must enforce the rules!!!

1363588445823567319.GIF

Chris McManus just annoccned that he's leaving "Upon Further Review" at the end of the week. he hasn't decided where he'll be going or what he'll be doing and it hasn't been decided who will replace him or what the future of the show will be.

Chris McManus just annoccned that he's leaving "Upon Further Review" at the end of the week. he hasn't decided where he'll be going or what he'll be doing and it hasn't been decided who will replace him or what the future of the show will be.

:bang: Great. Now there's no local radio I can listen to.

:bang: Great. Now there's no local radio I can listen to.

I hope Steve Neikam stays on. He and Chris had something good going. Sorry to see Chris go.

I think it was the Pope's address to Congress that did it. Oh wait, that was Boehner. Never mind.