Sparty fires Mel Tucker / hires Jonathan Smith | Syracusefan.com

Sparty fires Mel Tucker / hires Jonathan Smith

Michigan State is going to do what they can to get out of his contract.

This story is messy for a variety of reasons. The USA Today piece is one sided, but looking at this, there's seems to be a lot of grey area.

Didnt Brenda Tracy lead the charge against the punt God?

Not defending Tucker at all, but why did she wait 8 months to report this to MSU?

Weird story. I think both sides are not completely telling the truth. And why would he as the obsessive one cut her off after the call? That being said I do believe what she claimed happened is in fact the case. Which means Michigan State is screwed.

I think he should be fired but they will owe him money. She admitted that they are friends so they would need to prove this call was a work call and not a friend call to get out of paying him. Which means they will end up settling with him. On top of that if they argue this is a work call, she can bring a suit against Michigan State and they will have to settle with her. A complete mess.

He apparently masturbated on the phone “without consent.”

I mean it’s basic etiquette that we all obtain phone call masturbator clearance before we even begin the call . It’s phone call 101

Didnt Brenda Tracy lead the charge against the punt God?

Not defending Tucker at all, but why did she wait 8 months to report this to MSU?
She didn’t. According to ESPN radio MSU knew about this in March. It just leaked overnight.

She didn’t. According to ESPN radio MSU knew about this in March. It just leaked overnight.
I'm saying the call happened in April 2022 and she reported it in December 2022.

"But their relationship was upended during a phone call on April 28, 2022, Tracy says in a complaint she filed with the university’s Title IX office in December that remains under investigation."

Weird story. I think both sides are not completely telling the truth. And why would he as the obsessive one cut her off after the call? That being said I do believe what she claimed happened is in fact the case. Which means Michigan State is screwed.

I think he should be fired but they will owe him money. She admitted that they are friends so they would need to prove this call was a work call and not a friend call to get out of paying him. Which means they will end up settling with him. On top of that if they argue this is a work call, she can bring a suit against Michigan State and they will have to settle with her. A complete mess.
It's going to be hard to say it's a work call when there were 20+ of them at night for over a half hour. This is where the story gets murky.

IMG_8479.jpeg

I feel bad for the assistant coaches who are innocent but will have to look for new jobs at the end of the season, including our old friend Jim Salgado.

It's going to be hard to say it's a work call when there were 20+ of them at night for over a half hour. This is where the story gets murky.

She is a former victim and victims advocate. That alone should have been where his judgment needs to be appropriate here and it was not. This wasn't two frolicking singles writing a romance novel. Dude was married and pursued. He also spent time it appears earning trust which could be argued as taking advantage of someone knowing their personal trauma.

Not sure how it will play out legally but him trying to argue about things being completely consensual - don't buy it. There is a manipulative/grooming of a former victim vibe here.

How does he go back in the locker room and address the team as the leader with all the loyalty, family and accountability coach talk.

Yeah, he's gone.

MSU looks pretty dumb for granting that enormous contract.

Plus, what a creep, no matter which version of events you believe.

She is a former victim and victims advocate. That alone should have been where his judgment needs to be appropriate here and it was not. This wasn't two frolicking singles writing a romance novel. Dude was married and pursued. He also spent time it appears earning trust which could be argued as taking advantage of someone knowing their personal trauma.

Not sure how it will play out legally but him trying to argue about things being completely consensual - don't buy it. There is a manipulative/grooming of a former victim vibe here.
I haven’t read the story but as a victim advocate, don’t you think she would be a bit beyond being groomed? Also, I always thought of grooming as being practiced on young people, not adults, particularly experienced adults.
Anyway, I can see why UNC is so hot to join the Predator Conference.

University probably waiting for the hearing to then pull the plug. But the public shaming in advance will make it a lot easier to do it even if the decision isn’t against him. He said she said case. But he clearly exhibited bad judgement and has embarrassed the school. And they’ve already proven he lied in parts of his testimony, which will make it easy for them to rule in favor of the accused.

Btw - for those asking why did she wait to report. She addressed it in the story. Plus she’s already been offered money and turned it down. Think she wanted to make a public statement. It’s difficult to understand the trauma she has undergone given the original rape. Not going to question the timing given that.