Special Spring Football Chat with PS Writer Stephen Bailey Set for Wednesday Night 3/4 at 8 PM | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Special Spring Football Chat with PS Writer Stephen Bailey Set for Wednesday Night 3/4 at 8 PM

No big deal Jek. We know you are a good guy and were just trying to help out the people that missed the chat.

You are right. We did not always have the rule. The reason we have it is that sometimes in one of our chats, a guest might mention something that they later wish they hadn't. Some tidbits might embarrass people that shouldn't be embarrassed, reveal sensitive info that shouldn't be posted on a public message board, etc.

It isn't that big of a deal when this happens if the transcript is not posted anywhere. It can be if it is.

Understand, we don't pay people to stop by as guests. They do it out of the goodness of their hearts, their love for the sports they cover and the enjoyment they get from talking about these sports with people with a similar passion.

Having a policy that the transcript will not be posted protects the guests from possible problems. This encourages them to stop by for chats. Our top priority is to provide great content on the board, even if sometimes it is not available to people indefinitely in the form of posts.

I am genuinely sorry we can't share the transcript with the people that miss the chats. But we have to protect our guests and ensure that their willingness to do a good deed for the fanbase does not end up hurting them.

I hope you and everyone else understands where we are coming from.

Thanks Tom. And you don't have to apologize for not being able to share it. It's just nice to get some context on it.

By all means, regardless of any fire in this thread, you have to keep arranging the chats. They're a great opportunity to discuss the program, get some good info. I just unfortunately have a lot of trouble finding the time to join them these days.

This is probably what started the whole thing. Is it so hard to just say Hey, we can't post the transcripts due to (insert reason).

I don't see why it needs an iron fist.

And I don't see why people taking issue with said iron fist makes you want to get out of the arranging chats business.

When I read Tomcat's original post, I just assumed he meant HE wasn't going to log it and post it, like he has done in the past.

Weird thread, glad I could contribute to it.

That's exactly how I read it.

No big deal Jek. We know you are a good guy and were just trying to help out the people that missed the chat.

You are right. We did not always have the rule. The reason we have it is that sometimes in one of our chats, a guest might mention something that they later wish they hadn't. Some tidbits might embarrass people that shouldn't be embarrassed, reveal sensitive info that shouldn't be posted on a public message board, etc.

It isn't that big of a deal when this happens if the transcript is not posted anywhere. It can be if it is.

Understand, we don't pay people to stop by as guests. They do it out of the goodness of their hearts, their love for the sports they cover and the enjoyment they get from talking about these sports with people with a similar passion.

Having a policy that the transcript will not be posted protects the guests from possible problems. This encourages them to stop by for chats. Our top priority is to provide great content on the board, even if sometimes it is not available to people indefinitely in the form of posts.

I am genuinely sorry we can't share the transcript with the people that miss the chats. But we have to protect our guests and ensure that their willingness to do a good deed for the fanbase does not end up hurting them.

I hope you and everyone else understands where we are coming from.

Is it possible to check with the guest for approval and edit anything quasi-controversial out if necessary, like we used to?

It has been stated every chat that there will be no transcript posted. This goes for all chats not just the ones with Bailey.
That's different than saying don't do it. To me that begs someone to volunteer to do it.