Spitt on Pitt Postgame... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Spitt on Pitt Postgame...

I watched, but couldn't have the volume on...was CDRW unavailable and Shrader just not able to pass? Unreal that Shrader was our leadinger receiver (with 6 yards) and Villari was our leading passer and rusher. Must be a record rushing for a Tight End. Bizarre game. Think Villari's effort reminds me of Diamond Ferri in terms of one player putting the team on his back. Great win!
Shrader couldn't put any velocity on the ball.

Michigan threw the ball 8 times today… and beat #10 Ped State.

Guess who will be the QB next season? 6' 4" 235 seems to be the right height and weight for QB's these days.

Mr. Dan Villari. He needs to begin throwing every day to be ready. We already know about his running ability but he can throw too:

High School: At Plainedge LI. High School under head coach Rob Shaver, led the Red Devils to a 12-0 record and the school’s first Long Island Class III State Championship in 2019 … Helped Plainedge to back-to-back Nassau III league titles in 2018-19 … 23-1 career record as a starter, passing for 1,306 yards and 13 TDs and rushing for 1,522 yards and 25 scores in his career … Ranked three stars by 247 Sports … First Team All-State and All-Long Island Selection … Received the 78th Annual Thorpe Award from the Nassau County High School Football Coaches Association as the top player in Nassau County.

The entire offense in one week, with the staffs plan, created a new offensive scheme that put Pitt on its heels. What a great thing to see. The new offense picked up in a week by the players running over Pitt 28-13. Congrats to them and us.

Here’s hoping for 7-5! Under the same coaches we have now. Beck is a Very good OC. Babers I know was in on the planning for this running show. Great job.

Last edited:
I watched, but couldn't have the volume on...was CDRW unavailable and Shrader just not able to pass? Unreal that Shrader was our leadinger receiver (with 6 yards) and Villari was our leading passer and rusher. Must be a record rushing for a Tight End. Bizarre game. Think Villari's effort reminds me of Diamond Ferri in terms of one player putting the team on his back. Great win!
Shrader’s arm was suspended for most of the game

Your referring to me . We win out I think he should stay. I get why most people disagree but I also look ahead to another change and all that goes with it . Hate the thought .

There’s a company within the industry I work in that goes through all levels of management people roughly every three years. It’s known to a point many external recruiters won’t work with them anymore, and anyone with skill knows going there is a potential career death sentence. The result is they hire people that don’t have qualification for the job they take, or the awareness of what a bad decision it is - and the cycle repeats itself.

We’re trapped in a spot where becoming “that school” is a risk if we:
1) Fire a coach who had potential to get us to 7 wins, but we pulled the pin early.
2) Fire a coach who got us to seven regular season wins and the first back-to back bowl games with the same head coach in over two decades.

That’s why firing him last Monday would have been incredibly short sighted and stupid. I can’t see two more wins here, we’ll get to seven losses and make a change.

(And I know guys here scream “but it’s been eight years!!!!” - and while that might seem super compelling to them, it isn’t to anyone outside of this bubble. We’re already seeing articles about how hard a job Syracuse is; that turns into an avalanche and the main national narrative if we fire in either of the two scenarios I listed. Which will make getting a qualified coach harder, which will make turning things around unlikely, which will mean we’re back to square one in three years looking for a replacement in a job justifiably viewed in the business as a career killer).

There’s a company within the industry I work in that goes through all levels of management people roughly every three years. It’s known to a point many external recruiters won’t work with them anymore, and anyone with skill knows going there is a potential career death sentence. The result is they hire people that don’t have qualification for the job they take, or the awareness of what a bad decision it is - and the cycle repeats itself.

We’re trapped in a spot where becoming “that school” is a risk if we:
1) Fire a coach who had potential to get us to 7 wins, but we pulled the pin early.
2) Fire a coach who got us to seven regular season wins and the first back-to back bowl games with the same head coach in over two decades.

That’s why firing him last Monday would have been incredibly short sighted and stupid. I can’t see two more wins here, we’ll get to seven losses and make a change.

(And I know guys here scream “but it’s been eight years!!!!” - and while that might seem super compelling to them, it isn’t to anyone outside of this bubble. We’re already seeing articles about how hard a job Syracuse is; that turns into an avalanche and the main national narrative if we fire in either of the two scenarios I listed. Which will make getting a qualified coach harder, which will make turning things around unlikely, which will mean we’re back to square one in three years looking for a replacement in a job justifiably viewed in the business as a career killer).
You talking about Amazon?

They are notorious for trying to run people off before benefits kick in and or are vested

They did the math and gamble that it costs more to provide benefits than replace a person

Guess who will be the QB next season?

Mr. Dan Villari. He needs to begin throwing every day to be ready. We already know about his running ability but he can throw too:

High School: At Plainedge L.I. High School under head coach Rob Shaver, led the Red Devils to a 12-0 record and the school’s first Long Island Class III State Championship in 2019 … Helped Plainedge to back-to-back Nassau III league titles in 2018-19 … 23-1 career record as a starter, passing for 1,306 yards and 13 TDs and rushing for 1,522 yards and 25 scores in his career … Ranked three stars by 247 Sports … First Team All-State and All-Long Island Selection … Received the 78th Annual Thorpe Award from the Nassau County High School Football Coaches Association as the top player in Nassau County.

The entire offense in one week, with the staffs plan, created a new offensive scheme that put Pitt on its heels. What a great thing to see. The new offense picked up in a week by the players running over Pitt 28-13. Congrats to them and us.

Here’s hoping for 7-5!
It may depend on who the head coach and OC are.

As much as I think we need to move on from Dino even if he manages to scrape out a bowl season, I won’t move the goalposts and claim he still needs to go.

All along my minimum requirement for him to keep his job, in my opinion, has been bowl appearances. I don’t believe I now have the right to stipulate that it also depends on HOW he reaches that goal. So if he manages to reach that goal, I (reluctantly) believe he should keep his job.

With that said, they shouldn’t give him a very favorable contract extension. It should be 2 years and lower in guaranteed $ with more offered in performance bonuses. If he doesn’t like a little less, but still millions a year, then he can retire because I doubt any program that would be worth it to him hires him.

Bleich was in clear pain and he pushed through on that one drive

Huge props to him

Dude could barely get back to line of scrimmage
I noticed that too. A real gut check.

yeah if we played Ped State we would lose by 40. See the Iowa game for the closest comparison. I don’t see the correlation in what Michigan did vs what we saw.
No? Gee I thought it was obvious.

Bleich was in clear pain and he pushed through on that one drive

Huge props to him

Dude could barely get back to line of scrimmage

At first I thought he was just winded; the offense had some really long drives. Running play after play as a 320lb’er must be rough.

But I think you’re right that he was dinged up in the second half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom