Spitt on Pitt Postgame... | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Spitt on Pitt Postgame...

That post is absolutely madness. There seems to be this feeling that there would be some national backlash if SU fired Dino if he got to a bowl. The national narrative for the few people still actually following the program is surprise that he actually still the coach. There's gonna be zero backlash when SU moves on

I just hope that we DO actually move on.

If Davis is so great Bill then why wasn’t he on the field at QB instead of our starting tailback, a TE who hasn’t thrown a ball in ages and our starting QB who can’t throw a ball more than 5 yards due to injury?

No offense, but his HS laurels look nice on paper but they’re completely irrelevant now based on what we just watched. That tells you all you need to know.

The fact you had to actually explain this is scary..

The two hs commits.
Gotcha. Like I said in a previous reply, I'm a big fan of the incoming class as well - in particular the QB from GA who looks like he could come in and possibly contribute early.

However, I'm just not sure the fear of losing a prized recruit or a promising class is reason enough to justify keeping and extending a mediocre, losing Head Coach. And then there's always a chance that the new staff can come in and keep the majority of Dino's recruits committed - at least the players they want (see: Babers/Mo Neal).

But I'll be the first to admit, that unless DB loses out, there likely won't be any easy or simple answers in how best to proceed with the HC position at SU.

Last edited:
People are excited with a win. I get it.

But beating a 2-7 team with a surprise gameplan doesn’t seem like a foundation for a new offensive scheme to me. But what do I know

It's not, there's a reason why even Navy and Army have abandoned the full triple option because it's simply not sustainable after the NCAA changed the rules for cut blocks. No P5 D1 A team is moving to an offense remotely like the one we saw yesterday.

It's not, there's a reason why even Navy and Army have abandoned the full triple option because it's simply not sustainable after the NCAA changed the rules for cut blocks. No P5 D1 A team is moving to an offense remotely like the one we saw yesterday.
Are people actually suggesting that? I need the cliff notes version of the 17 pages. Either way that was a 1 time thing. There is absolutely no way we get away with that once teams have a chance to prepare for that. To think that’s a base for anything is absurd, back flips and everything.

Are people actually suggesting that? I need the cliff notes version of the 17 pages. Either way that was a 1 time thing. There is absolutely no way we get away with that once teams have a chance to prepare for that. To think that’s a base for anything is absurd, back flips and everything.
It’s a football clown show honestly.

I just don’t think there’s any chance they fire the guy if he goes 8-5, regardless of how they got to that record. Perhaps the percentages are a little lower on the other two scenarios. We’ll see, I guess.
Well we ain’t beating GT so we don’t have to worry about that. Or Wake.

Wake is cratering, and Tech just got their butts kicked by Clemson, and they have Georgia after us. They might look past us a bit.

Probably not beating GT, but anything can happen, I suppose. Wake is pretty awful, so at worst that one would be a toss-up. I'm not predicting they will go 8-5, just saying that if they did, there is a less than 1% chance he would be fired.

Probably not beating GT, but anything can happen, I suppose. Wake is pretty awful, so at worst that one would be a toss-up. I'm not predicting they will go 8-5, just saying that if they did, there is a less than 1% chance he would be fired.

If you are willing to let him coach the Bowl game, then you HAVE to be willing to let him coach 2024. It would be idiotic to fire him at 7-6. The Bowl game is a non factor.

If you are willing to let him coach the Bowl game, then you HAVE to be willing to let him coach 2024. It would be idiotic to fire him at 7-6. The Bowl game is a non factor.

Ok then the chances of him getting fired at 7-5 are less than one percent.

At any other program it would be 100%. At SU, Dino going 6-6 will get him a 2 year extension. If he goes 7-5 he will get a lifetime contract.

We need a crying emogi for this post
;)

At any other program it would be 100%. At SU, Dino going 6-6 will get him a 2 year extension. If he goes 7-5 he will get a lifetime contract.

Well, we are Syracuse. I don't care what the homers say, it's not an attractive coaching job, which is the reason why Dino has been given more leeway than would be expected at most major programs. I'm on board with a change being needed, but I'm also realistic about expectations, quantifying success and considering the extreme challenges that come with trying to fill the head coach position at Syracuse in the 21st century.

Football is cyclical… teams built themselves to be fast and throw the ball all over the yard. So defenses then built themselves to defend that.

Eventually somebody’s going to build a monster power squad that can bulldoze everyone and the next trend will begin.
No. It's a gimmick.

Well, we are Syracuse. I don't care what the homers say, it's not an attractive coaching job, which is the reason why Dino has been given more leeway than would be expected at most major programs. I'm on board with a change being needed, but I'm also realistic about expectations, quantifying success and considering the extreme challenges that come with trying to fill the head coach position at Syracuse in the 21st century.

We only played three current Top 50 teams. We played 3 teams outside the Top 100. If we end up going 2-2 against teams currently ranked 76-85, it isn’t good enough even at SU. Especially when only one of those was a road game.

Didn't Tucker become the starter as a true freshman? Who cares where he was in the spring
Tucker also came in August, he didnt graduate H.S. early (or so says 247)

Wake is cratering, and Tech just got their butts kicked by Clemson, and they have Georgia after us. They might look past us a bit.

There is 0 chance GT is looking past us. I think they all know Georgia is going to beat them by 5 TDs, so our game, a prime time home game, is their best chance for a bowl game.

We'll be getting their best.

Much had been made during the consecutive blowout losses to not overreact with emotion, consider the season as a whole - the same logic then has to apply here regarding Dino's resume and record. A win against a very bad 2-7 team changes absolutely nothing.

In a few weeks, Saturday will be nothing but a small bright spot at the (necessary) end of the Dino story.

If Davis is so great Bill then why wasn’t he on the field at QB instead of our starting tailback, a TE who hasn’t thrown a ball in ages and our starting QB who can’t throw a ball more than 5 yards due to injury?

No offense, but his HS laurels look nice on paper but they’re completely irrelevant now based on what we just watched. That tells you all you need to know.

I think I saw Davis standing next to Babers with a jersey on and no pads or helmet. Would imply he's injured.

It’s a football clown show honestly.

100% clown show. Perhaps, those in that camp, as well as those "usual suspects" good with keeping Dino, etc. are big fans of the circus.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom