Spring Game Attendance Estimates | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Game Attendance Estimates

I love when the spring game becomes a "reveal" of young talent. My two favorites:
  • The Marvin Graves breakout of 1990 that was paired with a lacrosse game​
  • The LaQuint Allen / Justin Lamson breakouts of 2022​

Maybe... but I'm wondering what it might take to get to 15K or 20K...

Lax game should hopefully help. Not that much of a turnaround needed I wouldn't think.

2pm game. Done by 4pm. Give 30-60 minutes for cleanup. Warmup starts at 5. Game starts at 6.

One ticket should get you into both.

Not until the end of August….
Part of me hopes they fall behind schedule and only get the lower bowl installed. That way when people complain about the design flaws they’ll pause and reevaluate what to do in the upper bowl. Knowing how schedules slip all the time on these kinds of projects it’s not an entirely unreasonable guess.

At a crunch game last night and it just felt… restrictive.

They'll make a push and Saturday evening is better than Friday during the early afternoon.

I'm sure it will be disappointing for those who are new to the hill, but for those who have been around the program they will be thrilled.

Which is where things stand. "Old timers" within the university complacent with status quo and low bars to hurdle or marginal improvement, versus new blood with big ambitions.

Someone needs to remind Fran that expecting a Georgia-like turnout for this event is not realistic.

Why. Not saying we are packing the Dome but he is really trying to generate excitement for the game. Something in my opinion Dino never did.
Because I want him to calibrate his expectations to our history before we start raising them. Even in our best years we never had more than 5k at the spring game, so if we draw 7k that would be unprecedented and a huge success... as long as he doesn't think "but Georgia had 40,000".

We have an attendance thread for the spring game. Should I expect a uniform thread as well? How about an “Is This the Most Important Spring Game Ever” thread?

Because I want him to calibrate his expectations to our history before we start raising them. Even in our best years we never had more than 5k at the spring game, so if we draw 7k that would be unprecedented and a huge success... as long as he doesn't think "but Georgia had 40,000".

If he thinks we'll get 40k (he doesn't) then he's probably not as smart as we all think he is. I'm sure people in the AD have discussed past spring game attendance with him and perhaps an attainable goal for 2024. He isn't walking in there, looking around and wondering why only 5-10k people are in the stands. And if 10k are...then he, along with the AD did something very right!

Does anyone think that having the Spring Game right after possibly our biggest mens lacrosse home game of the year, or even in years, will increase the attendance of the LAX game?

I need to see how close the spring game will be to the lacrosse game. And how late in the day it will be.

And how it is marketed. It sounds like Coach Brown wants to make it a real game with two team going at it hard and real hitting.

I liked Coach Babers but between his chronic problems getting a full roster in place and his reluctance to show anything of interest to anyone at anytime, he watered down the spring game to the point where even die hard fans were asking themselves if it was worth it to attend any longer.

I think a lot of fans have been turned off to the idea of the spring game because of how Coach Babers treated it. It might take time to repair all the damage he caused here.

That said, it is clear Coach Brown's arrival has energized the fan base. I don't know about others but his comments about the spring game to date have got me more excited about watching it than I have since the days of Barry 'Touchdown Maker' Baker.
Maybe you counter the Babers lead up to the Spring Game and the game itself, by permitting open practices to the media - let 'em in. Let them build on what they see. Let them write about it, even if they're for 1/2 hour 3 days a week.

They'll see Kory throw rockets and long balls, if Oronde a go and is catching everything, fine, write about it and if the transfers are really going at it, write about it. Let them interview new players Diggs, Hornsby, James, Edwards, Meeks, Willis, and more so that fans can read about what's coming and the interest will build as we go.

Get real close to them, their stories, the effort, the practices, so we can enjoy them and the story as it goes up to and including the game. Then the build in August up to the first game. Let it become Fran Brown's team of exciting players looking forward to kicking Ohio's a$$.

I want to see the Dome filled every game and if you get people interested they'll show up, they will come to see what Fran Brown and his coaches have done and it's going to be good. :)

Does anyone think that having the Spring Game right after possibly our biggest mens lacrosse home game of the year, or even in years, will increase the attendance of the LAX game?

That’s the goal

Maybe you counter the Babers lead up to the Spring Game and the game itself, by permitting open practices to the media - let 'em in. Let them build on what they see. Let them write about it, even if they're for 1/2 hour 3 days a week.

They'll see Kory throw rockets and long balls, if Oronde a go and is catching everything, fine, write about it and if the transfers are really going at it, write about it. Let them interview new players Diggs, Hornsby, James, Edwards, Meeks, Willis, and more so that fans can read about what's coming and the interest will build as we go.

Get real close to them, their stories, the effort, the practices, so we can enjoy them and the story as it goes up to and including the game. Then the build in August up to the first game. Let it become Fran Brown's team of exciting players looking forward to kicking Ohio's a$$.

I want to see the Dome filled every game and if you get people interested they'll show up, they will come to see what Fran Brown and his coaches have done and it's going to be good. :)

I wouldn’t be shocked if the practices are far more open to the media this spring

We really wanted to come up since it was a lacrosse game as well buuuut our oldest daughter has a dance competition so we will miss this one.
Hopefully we get an ok crowd but I don't think year one we will

We really wanted to come up since it was a lacrosse game as well buuuut our oldest daughter has a dance competition so we will miss this one.
Hopefully we get an ok crowd but I don't think year one we will
Kids, am I right