Class of 2014 - Stanley Johnson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Stanley Johnson

I'm going with USC, I think he will be Enfield's first big recruit. He certainly fits his scheme.
Zona will be tough to beat but if there is a team that could pose the biggest threat it's USC now. Johnson has a good relationship with Tony Bland.

Zona will be tough to beat but if there is a team that could pose the biggest threat it's USC now. Johnson has a good relationship with Tony Bland.
I think the fact that USC can offer early playing time in a style that seems to suit him well will ultimately be the final factor for him, but you are right on with Zona being the biggest threat, Sean Miller is a hell of a recruiter.

guess we are out.

@TheRecruitScoop
4m

2014 Mater Dei (CA) SF Stanley Johnson reshuffled his list to Arizona, Kentucky, Florida, Oregon, Duke, UCLA & USC.

i like to think of it more like we backed out.

I assume we take 3? CMac, a PG/combo guard type (Joseph), and a center (Goodluck?)

Sign me up. I would love that class
downloadfile-3.jpeg

Really positive kid. Anyone else see some Dion in him?
Not sure if this video is floating around here or not, but just the first minute or so gives me the Dion vibe.

Even though he can get to the rim at will, the thing I liked best was that drop step he showed about a minute into the tape, right before the patented-Dion Spin Move in the lane.

Last I heard, we are out on this guy. He narrowed his list.

Are we out? I thought this would be a kid we'd have a good shot on especially with Fair gone in 2014.

It's not like we're hurting at forward, even after CJ moves on. If we take CMac, KJ and Goodluck for 14, we're loaded front and back.

It's not like we're hurting at forward, even after CJ moves on. If we take CMac, KJ and Goodluck for 14, we're loaded front and back.
Plus we'll still have Grant, Beast, BJ, and The Hammer at the forwards. Definitely no worries there.

Plus we'll still have Grant, Beast, BJ, and The Hammer at the forwards. Definitely no worries there.
Definitely not. I'm getting giddy thinking about our (potential) 14 lineup:

PG - Ennis (soph) with KJ (fr) backing up (potentially ridiculous backcourt).
SG - MG (trans/jr.)/Buss (soph), leaving TC possibly fighting for minutes as a junior.
SF - Roberson (soph), BJ (soph) (fixed by edit, thx again tee)
PF - Grant (junior), CMac era begins
C - DC2 (jr), Rak (sr.) if he doesn't explode/leave, Obokoh as a RS Frosh, Goodluck Comes in.

Please chime in with corrections, observations.

SG - MG (trans/jr.)/BJ(soph), leaving TC possibly fighting for minutes as a junior.
SF - The Hammer (soph), Beast
C - DC2 (jr), Rak (sr.) if he doesn't explode/leave, Obokoh as a RS Frosh, Goodluck Comes in.

Triple Tee.jpg

Add me to the giddy list.:)

And if this lineup comes to fruition, there's flexibility. Roberson could easily play the 4 with his athleticism (ala CJ), although Grant and CMac will have PF locked up IMO.

Center will probably feature DC2. But no way a guy that big is logging more than 25 a game. If Rak is still here for his senior year, he'll get the remaining minutes. If not, we'll have Obokoh and Goodluck to come in an take fouls and do damage on the glass.

At the 2, BJ might surprise and become the starter there ... with silent G and TC trading backup minutes.

SG - MG (trans/jr.)/BJ(soph), leaving TC possibly fighting for minutes as a junior.
SF - The Hammer (soph), Beast

Hammer = CMac
And hammer is a frosh in 14
Both sf and pf slots?
Or typo?

Hammer = CMac
And hammer is a frosh in 14
Both sf and pf slots?
Or typo?
Typo, fixed now. I meant to put Roberson into the 3, with the hammer coming in at PF. Thx, Tee.

And if this lineup comes to fruition, there's flexibility. Roberson could easily play the 4 with his athleticism (ala CJ), although Grant and CMac will have PF locked up IMO.

Center will probably feature DC2. But no way a guy that big is logging more than 25 a game. If Rak is still here for his senior year, he'll get the remaining minutes. If not, we'll have Obokoh and Goodluck to come in an take fouls and do damage on the glass.

At the 2, BJ might surprise and become the starter there ... with silent G and TC trading backup minutes.
I have good expectations for Silent G at the 2 spot. If BJ can beat him out eventually then that means we're going to be scary good overall at the guard position. Does anybody think BJ could be a Pauly George type from the Pacers down the line?

SF - Roberson (soph), Beast (fixed by edit, thx tee)

This team would be preseason #1 and a heavy favorite to win it all.

SF - Roberson (soph), Beast (fixed by edit, thx tee)

Forgetting Patterson.