Start watching the women's team! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Start watching the women's team!

That’s where I’m at. If they are winning good for them. But if given the choice between watching Syracuse women’s basketball and a random men’s game with 2 average mid-majors I’m taking the men’s game.
While that's honest, it doesn't make it any less sad. Hope you don't have daughters where you're forced to go to their activities.

While that's honest, it doesn't make it any less sad. Hope you don't have daughters where you're forced to go to their activities.
That's not fair. I don't like soccer, but if my kids play it, I'll watch them. Why do people get so up in arms about someone not liking something they do? Everyone has their preferences. Not prefering women's basketball doesn't make someone anti-woman.

I watch the games because I root for SU. I don't watch the games to see basketball at a high level.

Much like going to local HS games. No one at our local school is every playing above D1. But you get excitement from the effort and passion in the crowd.

That's not fair. I don't like soccer, but if my kids play it, I'll watch them. Why do people get so up in arms about someone not liking something they do? Everyone has their preferences. Not prefering women's basketball doesn't make someone anti-woman.
If I don’t care about something, it’s no big deal, I don’t repeatedly tell people for that exact reason - I don’t care or know that much about it. Not caring is different than being anti something. Do you go on the soccer board and post and repost in a thread how you don’t like soccer when others say they like the sport?

I enjoy the women’s game, in general, because it is more fundamental than the men’s game. They are, in some ways, two different sports.
A Dyaisha Fair-Caitlin Clark Sweet 16 (or beyond) match might be fun.
If not the Orange, watch Caitlin Clark. Amazing.

I enjoy the women’s game, in general, because it is more fundamental than the men’s game. They are, in some ways, two different sports.
If they face each other in the tournament, it would probably be a matchup of the all time #1 & probably #5 scorer. Should be a marketing gold mine.

Clark may be the most talented basketball player I’ve ever seen, she’s up there with Lebron for me.

Somehow not liking women’s sports brings into question whether I’d be a good father of daughters…?

You’re a clown.

If I don’t care about something, it’s no big deal, I don’t repeatedly tell people for that exact reason - I don’t care or know that much about it. Not caring is different than being anti something. Do you go on the soccer board and post and repost in a thread how you don’t like soccer when others say they like the sport?

This isn’t the soccer board. It’s the men’s basketball board.

This isn’t the soccer board. It’s the men’s basketball board.
If only the thread title hadn't been clear about what it was about so you could have ignored it if you were interested, instead of being an obnoxious jerk.

I know this is sacrilege on a Syracuse forum, but when I coached youth teams years ago, is used to tell players (boys and girls) if they wanted to see fundamentally sound basketball, turn on a UConn women’s game. Geno’s teams executed exceptionally well every time they stepped on the floor. The women’s game relies so much less on freak athleticism and so much more on honing passing skills, movement without the ball, defensive position, boxing out, etc. When my kids got older and played AAU, I was shocked at just how many players didn’t have basic fundamentals. Tons of athletes, but some were quite lacking in basketball skills.

Is that what I did? I expressed my opinion once and stated in a response to someone that quoted me that I understand why people prefer the women's game. Is questioning someone's love for their children really a legitimate comment when discussing sports viewing preferences? People are getting really emotional and taking this discussion places in doesn't need to go.

They are very good. Big test Sunday in the dome.
Short turn around after getting home from South Bend very late tonight or more like tomorrow morning. Go support them everyone. You can be the 6th man with your cheering. It makes a huge difference.
Something else this team has that we have not seen from any SU team in a long long time. They turn it on for the 4Q. They are at their best late in the game.

Been watching for years and yes good call out. Some huge wins this year. They should be locked into the top 25 now for a bit after recovering from the UNC game
Coach Jack is the real deal. You listen to her talk and who wouldn’t want to play for her? That’s what all the panelists were just saying on the ACCNetwork as they were singing her praises. She’s pushing Cuse back to being a perennial top 25 power, and it’s only her second year at the helm! I think Red has a chance to follow the same trajectory on the men’s side as Felisha has done with the women. And wow is Dyasia Fair just spectacular to watch.

There’s a difference between watching for entertainment and watching your kid play, though. When I watch my daughters play sports, I’m rooting for them to enjoy themselves. You hope they play well, but even if they don’t, you still cheer for the small victories, effort, etc., and find enjoyment/entertainment in that.

I wouldn’t enjoy watching a random soccer game between grade school kids. I enjoy watching a random soccer game between grade school kids when my daughters are playing.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom