Starting QB for next year | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Starting QB for next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again to make things clear someone here has started false rumors TD and his "camp" have no intentions on transferring as we trust it will b a fair and open competition at all positions as a 4-8 team needs to have the best players play . Again no need to speculate unless your bored because it will all play out in spring and summer . Let's hope the boys are hungry and work hard this off season. On a side note the pass protection improved over the season and looks like it will be even better next year .
I agree whole heartedly. Worst case they both play best case one pulls away clearly. Line is improving pass protection wise too. Good luck to everyone.

I get it. But with 2 steps its's hard to build up a head of steam. And if you watch, he had no other place to run.
The defense was sold out to the run. They should of used Elmore as a decoy and go play action and throw for the endzone there.They went against BC"S strength and lost. Maybe he will get stronger and run with more physicality next year. Strickland runs real hard, if he had another 15lbs of muscle he could be hammer.

The defense was sold out to the run. They should of used Elmore as a decoy and go play action and throw for the endzone there.They went against BC"S strength and lost. Maybe he will get stronger and run with more physicality next year. Strickland runs real hard, if he had another 15lbs of muscle he could be hammer.
I agree. All I was saying was the blame is not all on Elmore. And I know you weren't saying it was.

i dont think the BC RBs get stopped on that play , we didnt stop one cold all game.

I was glad to see Rex play yesterday. Marrone only playing Nassib for 3 years hurt QB development. I wouldn't count Rex out in the competition next year.

Rex made some throws that were in really good spots.. I dont think his release is good enough to be the full time guy, but again if we had a decent running game you have to think we finish off 1-2 of the 5-6 drives we got inside the 40 on and came up empty.. he played well enough to get us to 25-30 pts. A couple bad throwing decisions but more than serviceable as the 2nd guy off the bench going forward and maybe he develops a bit more.

Not having to play every snap would be a good thing for Dungey. Whether it's RC or TD, I believe if they are capable, HCDB will find a way to spell Dungey a little bit.

I think one of the things I noticed defenses do is run away from our linebackers left and right and it really exposed our defense. We were stuffing the run before when it was up the middle not so much when these backs went to the outside

I thought Rex looked great except for a few throws. A bigger pocket version of Dungey

Let me nip this in the bud ... all we want a d anybody would want is a fair chance to compete , I have all the respect for Ed ,and Rex showed class today with his praise for zach . I know the love affair here for Ed and deservedly so . If you haven't seen Tds throwing and skill set yet you will , I'm just stating a fact he has skills to match anyone in the country let alone our roster as long as it's open competition we will be happy as than Tommy will prove what he has . Let's just wait and see what happens believe me I will b the first to say if he is first ,2nd or 3rd . it's a long off season let's just be a team and let the coaches evaluate who is best . Enjoy the holidays and let's hope it's a fast winter
Well said.

FWIW, one of the coaches (who will remain unnamed) said that burning TD's red shirt was discussed after ED's injury. Obviously, they decided against it.

He also mentioned that the staff fully expects TD to be as good (or better) than ED come spring. Said it puts the coaches in a tough spot but that's what happens when you recruit top level talent.

Last edited:
Rex made some throws that were in really good spots.. I dont think his release is good enough to be the full time guy, but again if we had a decent running game you have to think we finish off 1-2 of the 5-6 drives we got inside the 40 on and came up empty.. he played well enough to get us to 25-30 pts. A couple bad throwing decisions but more than serviceable as the 2nd guy off the bench going forward and maybe he develops a bit more.

The underthrown INT would have been a touchdown if he threw it where Ish could get it. For his first start and full game, I can't get too upset.

Dungey will be a 4 year starter and is a full grown man. TD and RC will be great backups, but they haven't faced the kind of fast, brutal defenses that most ACC teams put on the field. QB's in the ACC get injured all the time not just Dungey.

i dont think the BC RBs get stopped on that play , we didnt stop one cold all game.
To be fair, we had 5 stops for no gain, and 7 TFL's, according to the box score (albeit one on the reverse).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom