Statue unveiling September 5th | Syracusefan.com

Statue unveiling September 5th

FAL

No comment.
Floyd Little sure to be there. Anybody have an inkling as to whether Jim Brown will be there as well?

image.jpg

Yes it is, but why? Horrible decision by the folks on the hill.

Kickoff is 7 PM

When would you have the unveiling? At halftime, or earlier in the day while people are still at work?

Since you need a parking permit to get anywhere near Manley on a Football Day, where would suggest all the people who are interested in watching park their cars?

Or ... they could have the unveiling on Saturday. The event can be given the attention it deserves, instead of being a side show on a gameday. People who wish to attend have plenty of time to get there, and there will be plenty of free parking.

Excellent decision NOT to try to squeeze this in 45 minutes before kickoff.

Could have done it at halftime and aired it LIVE on the big-screen inside the Dome. Probably would have been the best way to get most people to see it

what kind of crowd would anyone expect at this thing? zero hype or media attention so maybe less than 1% of the fan base even knows about it. if you had it game day there is some chance the tail gate people might show up. those at manley would. having it sat means you get no attention at all other than some SU people.

do we really think that people will drive in to watch this if they are not going to a game? and if you drive in to a game friday night are you driving back on sat?

i dont think they have any interest in getting the public out to watch, just a ceremony for SU dignitary's and 30 secs of tv time. again doing it sat means you dont get to even show the ceremony to the crowd , again not using big flat screens for anything useful.

they could have had it thursday night too, then the game day crowd could walk to see it if they wished

:mad::mad::mad::mad:
what kind of crowd would anyone expect at this thing? zero hype or media attention so maybe less than 1% of the fan base even knows about it. if you had it game day there is some chance the tail gate people might show up. those at manley would. having it sat means you get no attention at all other than some SU people.

do we really think that people will drive in to watch this if they are not going to a game? and if you drive in to a game friday night are you driving back on sat?

i dont think they have any interest in getting the public out to watch, just a ceremony for SU dignitary's and 30 secs of tv time. again doing it sat means you dont get to even show the ceremony to the crowd , again not using big flat screens for anything useful.

they could have had it thursday night too, then the game day crowd could walk to see it if they wished

My personal answer to your two questions is yes and yes again. And it was announced somewhere a few weeks ago; that's how I remember it being on September 5th. But I just can't find a copy that damn announcement anywhere! :mad:

One of the players last week told me it was going to be done at FanFest......:noidea:

Another statue will be revealed as well. I alluded to this previously but was asked to keep this quiet (not by the board admins) until there was a formal announcement so deleted my initial post a couple of months ago. Still no formal announcement but some of you may remember my original post. Should be some older alumi at the event as well.

Being at the Fan Fest now, they should have done the statue unveiling today! Honestly, they will never have this many people up at that location than they have today. Would have made more sense to do it today than on Sep 5th.

Another statue will be revealed as well. I alluded to this previously but was asked to keep this quiet (not by the board admins) until there was a formal announcement so deleted my initial post a couple of months ago. Still no formal announcement but some of you may remember my original post. Should be some older alumi at the event as well.
Would it be someone who - IDK - was a paratrooper or something?

they should have done it today. there won't be more people in the area until next year. tons of selfies and social media would have made it worth it. rather, it will be the day after a game and no one will be there. maybe they preferred a more private unveiling, but today was the day to do it. maybe in the long run it doesn't matter, they are statues after all.

;) Yes someone who is connected to the 3 other statues.
She once sat next to Brown on a plane - was friends with Ernie's girlfriend - and knows Floyd from his current role on the hill. Congratulations Joyce!

they should have done it today. there won't be more people in the area until next year. tons of selfies and social media would have made it worth it. rather, it will be the day after a game and no one will be there. maybe they preferred a more private unveiling, but today was the day to do it. maybe in the long run it doesn't matter, they are statues after all.

Wonder if someone important couldn't make it today who will be there on Sept 5th? Well we can hope.

Wonder if someone important couldn't make it today who will be there on Sept 5th? Well we can hope.
that's what I thought too. I'll be there, geez if you live in Syracuse what's the big deal with going back to Manley the next day? I can understand for the out of towners that only drive in for the game but there may still be a lot of out of town fans that are staying for the weekend that can go.

Why would anyone spend their time to go to the unveiling of a statue, particularly of sports person, and more particularly of Jim Brown, a practicioner of violence against women.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom