Steph Curry | Syracusefan.com

Steph Curry

I am a Spurs fan but I just witnessed a GREAT game between OKC and GS. Curry is a MONSTER!!!!!

He can shoot.

He's unreal. That's the longest that I've watched an NBA preseason game without changing the channel in 20 years.

Not a top 25 NBA player ever

He needs to play at this MVP level for 5 more years to be in that group -- barring injury I'm confident he will do it.

I switched over to watch the end of the game and couldn't believe my eyes! This kid puts up shots like Ennis's winner matter of factly on a regular basis. His level of skill both off the dribble and long range shooting is nothing short of astonishing. He is playing at a level that borders on the miraculous.

He really is bonkers - he takes so many threes where I'm just like, how was that not blocked? Even on the replay it seems destined to be blocked because the defender is in his face, longer, jumping in time - yet, voila....Curry buries it in their face. That release. Wow.

He needs to play at this MVP level for 5 more years to be in that group -- barring injury I'm confident he will do it.
So he needs to be the best player in the world for 5 years to be an all time great?

I switched over to watch the end of the game and couldn't believe my eyes! This kid puts up shots like Ennis's winner matter of factly on a regular basis. His level of skill both off the dribble and long range shooting is nothing short of astonishing. He is playing at a level that borders on the miraculous.

It's something to just enjoy while it's happening. I watch the Warriors every time they're on because of him. Worth the price of admission every time.

So he needs to be the best player in the world for 5 years to be an all time great?

Not "the" best player in the world, but be in MVP-contention, i.e. one of the top half-dozen players in the league. He's been an all-star 3 times -- that's nowhere in the stratosphere of Top 25 all-time.

Not "the" best player in the world, but be in MVP-contention, i.e. one of the top half-dozen players in the league. He's been an all-star 3 times -- that's nowhere in the stratosphere of Top 25 all-time.

Agreed, but that's why it's pointless to try to place players historically while they're still early-mid career.

He's having one of the best seasons in basketball history this year, no question about that.

You said he needs to "play at this MVP level...". This MVP level is the best player in the world. Hence my comment.

It's something to just enjoy while it's happening. I watch the Warriors every time they're on because of him. Worth the price of admission every time.
I turned it off when he got hurt...lol

Keep in mind, he broke the record for most 3 pointers in a season, last night, with 24 games left.

He is not in MVP contention, he is the MVP even if he stopped playing today.
Yeah it should be unanimous

You think so? there's a legit case to be made he's having the best season anyone has ever had. Now, he needs to probably be close to the level he was last year for a few more years, but the level he's at right now is just so off the page.

If he plays at this level for five more years he will be the best player ever. Even Magic Johnson said that earlier this week.

You think so? there's a legit case to be made he's having the best season anyone has ever had. Now, he needs to probably be close to the level he was last year for a few more years, but the level he's at right now is just so off the page.

I completely agree that he's amazing now. But when you're talking Top 25 ever, these are legends who were incredible for the long haul. Curry needs to be a 9-10x All Star, 7-8x All-NBA player before hes in this conversation. He's just too young, IMO.

I completely agree that he's amazing now. But when you're talking Top 25 ever, these are legends who were incredible for the long haul. Curry needs to be a 9-10x All Star, 7-8x All-NBA player before hes in this conversation. He's just too young, IMO.

I can buy that; I just meant I'm not sure anyone has had 1 season at his level this year; let alone 4 or 5 more. Like I said; 4 or 5 more years closer to his MVP level last year? Sure.

Zach Lowe talks about this sometimes - what matters more, the longevity, or the crest?

If he stays healthy, Curry's going to have some special cumulative numbers, especially for threes. His crest right now though is ridiculous.

what matters more, the longevity, or the crest?

In my opinion, they are equally important. When you're talking about the greatest human beings to ever play the sport, you have to have both: you have to have been an MVP-caliber player in your prime, and you have to be an All-Star level player for at least 10 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom