Class of 2014 - Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach)

I could get used to this:

999868_562800880435053_536186649_n.jpg

Like this kid. Good head on his shoulders - burn to get better.

We can outrecruit Pitt and the Illini...

You're right...seems like a great yet humble kid! Give me a roster of kids like him.
We may only have 9 (Ok 10 or maybe even 11 if you count Corey and Wayne to the 14 class) kids recruited so far, but I am impressed with the type of kids we are, and have been, bringing into the program. Let’s face it, we will probably never be a top 20 recruiting program. Maybe we come close to that, but frankly we are in the North East, and such is the way it will be. The big difference is, we don't need to be a top 20 program like all those SEC schools to compete. Give us a top 30's recruiting class and with these type kids we are bringing in, all we need is another leader like McNabb or McPherson along with young men such as Ishmael and we will compete for titles in the ACC, and with the new playoff system, have a much greater chance in reaching the NC picture. AJ just might be the future we have been looking for. Landing a young man like Steve, and others like him are IMO what this program is all about. I would take this young man over any of the other 4/5 star athletes, because he is the type player I feel will make the type of impact on and off the field for Syracuse Football that is needed much more than any needy and winey 4/5 star athlete. (The one exception is the young man Holley...he impressed me as well and definitely falls into this category of type kids we need in our program)

So AJ long told Jamal Curtis on twitter that Steve Ishmael will commit to cuse once he takes his 5 officials. I assume AJ wouldn't say that unless it was solid.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 117
Here's the second part of that thread which mentions the five officials

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 151
Here's the second part of that thread which mentions the five officials

Didn't see the second part. That's huge. Obviously will be a while before its official, but great to hear all the same.

UpstateHall of Fame
  1. Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 5m
    Offensive coordinator George McDonald visited Steve Ishmael's school, North Miami Beach, on Monday.
  2. Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 6m
    Per his high school coach, wide receiver Steve Ishmael (big-time SU target) is leading Dade County in Florida with 32 receptions and 7 TDs.
Upstate, 32 minutes ago Report
#716 Like Reply

Upstate I took the liberty of reposting your post here in the correct thread.

Clemson is starting to come up more and more by Ishmael. I still think we get him but he's gonna make us sweat

-
No one ever makes it easy on us. But man I want to see the receiving corps in 2 years with Ishmael, KJ, Cooper, Estime and Custis. Gaaaaah so can't wait for that.

No one ever makes it easy on us. But man I want to see the receiving corps in 2 years with Ishmael, KJ, Cooper, Estime and Custis. Gaaaaah so can't wait for that.

With the type of offense McDonald seems to be installing, which calls for getting play makers the ball in space, this lineup does look pretty exciting. Sure they all have to make it to campus and pan out, but you can definitely see them overhauling the rosters with a much bigger emphasis on play makers

Clemson is starting to come up more and more by Ishmael. I still think we get him but he's gonna make us sweat

-
I'd be surprised if Clemson took another WR. Even if Watkins goes pro at the end of this year, they return every other receiver on their roster. Additionally they are already bringing in the number ten and thirteen receivers in the class of 2014.

I'd be surprised if Clemson took another WR. Even if Watkins goes pro at the end of this year, they return every other receiver on their roster. Additionally they are already bringing in the number ten and thirteen receivers in the class of 2014.
If Watkins doesn't go pro he's insane, dude has a chance to be the top playmaker selection in the draft. He might well be a top 10 pick at this rate

We may only have 9 (Ok 10 or maybe even 11 if you count Corey and Wayne to the 14 class) kids recruited so far, but I am impressed with the type of kids we are, and have been, bringing into the program. Let’s face it, we will probably never be a top 20 recruiting program. Maybe we come close to that, but frankly we are in the North East, and such is the way it will be. The big difference is, we don't need to be a top 20 program like all those SEC schools to compete. Give us a top 30's recruiting class and with these type kids we are bringing in, all we need is another leader like McNabb or McPherson along with young men such as Ishmael and we will compete for titles in the ACC, and with the new playoff system, have a much greater chance in reaching the NC picture. AJ just might be the future we have been looking for. Landing a young man like Steve, and others like him are IMO what this program is all about. I would take this young man over any of the other 4/5 star athletes, because he is the type player I feel will make the type of impact on and off the field for Syracuse Football that is needed much more than any needy and winey 4/5 star athlete. (The one exception is the young man Holley...he impressed me as well and definitely falls into this category of type kids we need in our program)
A huge unexpected win in our next game could be extremely effective in obtaining commits from some of the big names on the board.

If Watkins doesn't go pro he's insane, dude has a chance to be the top playmaker selection in the draft. He might well be a top 10 pick at this rate
I completely agree, I got the chance to watch him destroy my high school every year we played. You could just tell then that he was going to be a player at the top level.

Ishmael currently leads Dade County in receptions. 45 catches 624 yards and 10 TD's...WOW

Says a top 4 of Cuse, Illinois, Arkansas, and Miami, but I have a feeling he is already ours and just going to get some free traveling in

Ishmael currently leads Dade County in receptions. 45 catches 624 yards and 10 TD's...WOW

Says a top 4 of Cuse, Illinois, Arkansas, and Miami, but I have a feeling he is already ours and just going to get some free traveling in

That's damn impressive. Our recruiting staff has killed it at the WR and LB positions...and that's about it.

That's damn impressive. Our recruiting staff has killed it at the WR and LB positions...and that's about it.
They're the two thinnest positions, of course they were the focus...

They're the two thinnest positions, of course they were the focus...

Could use some beef on the line. Just sayin'

Out of 16 Offensive linemen 2 seniors, 2 juniors, 6 sophomores, 3 redshirt freshmen, 3 freshmen. On the defensive line 3 seniors, 5 juniors, 4 sophomores, 3 redshirt freshmen, 1 freshmen. Not a great need on the offensive side with 12 underclassmen, on the defensive side 8 underclassmen.

I doubtthat "he is already ours".He could get those miles regardless from those hoping for a flip. If and when he announces for us I will be thrilled,of course. His addition to the WR corp makes next year's group outstanding. Presuming they don't change his position.:p