Class of 2014 - Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach)

That's damn impressive. Our recruiting staff has killed it at the WR and LB positions...and that's about it.

Lol. You said in that one thread our receivers suck and they aren't good enough, but all a sudden we are killing it??

Gotcha!

Lol. You said in that one thread our receivers suck and they aren't good enough, but all a sudden we are killing it??

Gotcha!
Our receivers suck right now, horribly.

Our recruitment of receivers for 2014 is killing it.

Got me now?

Talking future, not present.

I think OT and a pass-rushing DE are big needs, if not our biggest

I think WR is our biggest need, by far. And we are addressing it. Have you seen our WRs against decent CBs? Pathetic.

Could use some beef on the line. Just sayin'

We have Roberts, should know about Beau by the end of the week, and then we take maybe 1 tackle - Chasz Wright? Then I think were done. I wouldn't mind seeing 1 more non-project OT, especially if Hickey leaves, but we have other areas that need addressing first and foremost.

I think OT and a pass-rushing DE are big needs, if not our biggest

According to Roberts tweet to Dawson it looks like we are targeting Chris Slayton. I think it's him and/or Harold Landry or bust

We have Roberts, should know about Beau by the end of the week, and then we take maybe 1 tackle - Chasz Wright? Then I think were done. I wouldn't mind seeing 1 more non-project OT, especially if Hickey leaves, but we have other areas that need addressing first and foremost.

I know we're near out but I want Holley so bad :'(

According to Roberts tweet to Dawson it looks like we are targeting Chris Slayton. I think it's him and/or Harold Landry or bust

Beau committed sweet!

Staff is still recruiting Hendrix.
We aren't getting Hendrix, hope we shift our focus to Landry and Slayton. Hendrix said he liked USC but hated Kiffin. Now that Kiffin is gone, he has put them in his top 3

I didn’t say anything about our chances, I only reported the staff is still recruiting him. They must believe it’s worth it to.

Frankly I’d like to see us get involved with the DE down in NJ- Darius Slade - who seems a little undecided even though he’s primarily focused on 3 schools. He keeps pushing off commitments – that usually means you’re not sold on his choices or the choices are holding him off.

That article makes it sound like we are recruiting him for defense or maybe just an athlete unless he mistakenly left us off the teams recruiting him for O

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Not really, it says that all the schools chasing him, so I would say WR for sure. He may want out of Florida, but still wants to come back and play. So here is my view on his top 3, WV, TN and SU.

1- All 3 are out of state, so 1 check for all.
2 - Two of these schools play conference games over his college days in the state of Florida, with TN playing twice in FL and SU playing 3 times (2 @FSU, and 1@ UM in 2017) I think this gives the nodd to TN (2 checks) and SU (3 checks) while WV gets none.
3 - Playing Early as a freshmen: WV has 17 WRs, only 1 SR and 3 WRs in this recruiting class (2-4stars, 1-3star) = 0 checks TN has 16 WRs, 2 are SR's and 2 WRs incoming (1-4star, 1-3star) = 1 check SU has 12/13 WRs on the roster 2SR's and 2 incoming (1-4star, 1-3star) = 2 checks
4 - Variable unknows probably all schools get 1 check, TN for being in the SEC, WV for being in the Big12 and an offensive minded league, and I give 1 for SU for Coach GM and his Miami connection.

So...I see it in this pecking order for his top 3 schools
#1: SU with 7 checks 60% chance choosing us
#2: TN with 5 checks 35% chance
#3: WV with 2 checks 5% chance

Logic says we should be in the lead on this one, here's to hoping I am right!

Not really, it says that all the schools chasing him, so I would say WR for sure. He may want out of Florida, but still wants to come back and play. So here is my view on his top 3, WV, TN and SU.

1- All 3 are out of state, so 1 check for all.
2 - Two of these schools play conference games over his college days in the state of Florida, with TN playing twice in FL and SU playing 3 times (2 @FSU, and 1@ UM in 2017) I think this gives the nodd to TN (2 checks) and SU (3 checks) while WV gets none.
3 - Playing Early as a freshmen: WV has 17 WRs, only 1 SR and 3 WRs in this recruiting class (2-4stars, 1-3star) = 0 checks TN has 16 WRs, 2 are SR's and 2 WRs incoming (1-4star, 1-3star) = 1 check SU has 12/13 WRs on the roster 2SR's and 2 incoming (1-4star, 1-3star) = 2 checks
4 - Variable unknows probably all schools get 1 check, TN for being in the SEC, WV for being in the Big12 and an offensive minded league, and I give 1 for SU for Coach GM and his Miami connection.

So...I see it in this pecking order for his top 3 schools
#1: SU with 7 checks 60% chance choosing us
#2: TN with 5 checks 35% chance
#3: WV with 2 checks 5% chance

Logic says we should be in the lead on this one, here's to hoping I am right!
...and we hold a very big trump card...OC George McDonald.

this would make a monster WR class.

Recent NFL stars Harrison and Mike Williams, David Tyree, Kevin Johnson, ISMAIL (sounds like Ishmael), allll the way back to 1990 Rob Moore!

Let us be WR U...

:cool: i joke i joke

this would make a monster WR class.

Recent NFL stars Harrison and Mike Williams, David Tyree, Kevin Johnson, ISMAIL (sounds like Ishmael), allll the way back to 1990 Rob Moore!

Let us be WR U...

:cool: i joke i joke
Put a QB in there who can find the WR without pointing to the kid with his eyes and has the ability to make a decent throw and this collection of kids with Ishmael would make us very effectve in a quality impersonation of WRU. I don't kid. At least on this point.

Put a QB in there who can find the WR without pointing to the kid with his eyes and has the ability to make a decent throw and this collection of kids with Ishmael would make us very effectve in a quality impersonation of WRU. I don't kid. At least on this point.

Could Terrell or AJ mature into that QB?

Is it too early?

Don't sleep on Mitch Kimble...he is the best athlete of our current QB's
shiit i completely forgot about that kid

Could Terrell or AJ mature into that QB?

Is it too early?
Anything is possible when it comes to kids developing their ability Don't forget Kimble and Austin in the mix at QB. Its way too easy to look past them. I wouldn't discount them just yet.:eek:

Anything is possible when it comes to kids developing their ability Don't forget Kimble and Austin in the mix at QB. Its way too easy to look past them. I wouldn't discount them just yet.:eek:
With Terrell, they make for a trio of beautiful 6'3 athletic classic quarterbacks...

come on down kj, jamal, steven and corey.

With Terrell, they make for a trio of beautiful 6'3 athletic classic quarterbacks...

come on down kj, jamal, steven and corey.

Good lord did everyone forget about Wilson already?