Strange moments in Syracuse basketball history... | Syracusefan.com

Strange moments in Syracuse basketball history...

Dave85

Living Legend
Is this the strangest moment in Syracuse University basketball history?

indiana-fan-bra-panties.jpg

Any others come to mind?

I was at a Georgetown game, perhaps in the early 90's (?) where the band was playing "YMCA" and a kid in a rainbow colored afro wig was being chased around the outside of the court by a cop. But no pictures were taken that I am aware of. It's possible I dreamed it.

Yours may be the weirdest thing ever PHOTOED at a game. But I suspect this thread will elicit more qualifiers for the category.

Two rick jackson cases come to my mind.
one against cornell or cortland where he threw a 50 foot outlet pass off a rebound and took out a colgate/or cornell player to the back of the head with the basketball around midcourt. It was like Billy Madisons version of dodgeball.

The other one was when a seton hall player I think ray hall tried to shoot a jumpshot backwards textbook form from the corner while facing the sideline in 09-10 I believe Rick rejected that one.

I saw a guy drop trow and pee in the stands in the upper reaches of the Cap Center at an SU - Georgetown battle in the late 80s.

Actually, that probably wasn't all that unusual. Wouldn't be surprised if their fans regularly wet themselves watching that team.

Anyone remember that Italian looking fan who had courtside seats to a game a couple years go and stole the show with his shirt unbuttoned and all his chest hair showing?

Anyone remember that Italian looking fan who had courtside seats to a game a couple years go and stole the show with his shirt unbuttoned and all his chest hair showing?

Yes. He was with Mark Teixeira et al, and was sitting a few rows behind the scorer's table.

You want a story? Here's mine. 12/20/75. Playing BC at Manley. Marty Byrnes hits a layup at the buzzer to beat BC, 59-58. I was sitting first row baseline to the right of the basket, and being so cat-quick back in my HS days, I ran on to the court and caught the ball before it hit the floor as it passed through the net. Ross Kindel gave me the "What are you doing on the court?" look. Instead of keeping the ball, I heaved it into the air. Where it landed of course, was on Ross Kindel's head.

was def the guy with the rainbow hair. was that dome eddy?
My impression was that the guy with rainbow wig was a student. This was back when the students sat on the side of the court. I am pretty sure he was expelled. A lot of fun - for us!

There was one time in the late 90s where they gave a student the SU flag and he ran around the perimeter of the court, then brought the flag into the student section, then held up an inflatable woman doll/marital aid/whatever.

The cheerleaders confiscated the flag from him soon thereafter.