Stugotz rips Syracuse for Storming the court | Syracusefan.com

Stugotz rips Syracuse for Storming the court

Who cares. It's a bunch of kids excited that their school beat arguably the biggest name in the sport. I've done it before. It's fun. You remember it. You talk about it for years. I wouldn't even mind storming the court for every single win. Beat Colgate by 37 in November? Storm it.

Another thing - kids like it, including recruits. When we stormed the court vs. UVA, you can be 100% sure that had an amazing positive effect on Chris Duarte. It shows our fans are passionate and not boring. I'd rather have recruits feel the "Let's storm the court and party all night" feel from the crowd than the "cool we won let's go watch Conan and fall asleep on the couch".

I think court storming is situational...Now if we were soundly beating Duke most of the game and were winning by double digits and just ran out the clock, then I would be against court storming...

However, with the way last night's game played out I am not against it...

Typically I am not a big fan of court storming...I can understand when a low level program beats a high level program, however with a program like ours, it is tough to justify...

Basically I think it comes down to who you are, who you are playing and/or the situation...

I don't know if we'll ever be able to recover from being insulted by whomever Stugotz is.

He's on the Dan LeBatard show.

Who cares. It's a bunch of kids excited that their school beat arguably the biggest name in the sport. I've done it before. It's fun. You remember it. You talk about it for years. I wouldn't even mind storming the court for every single win. Beat Colgate by 37 in November? Storm it.

Another thing - kids like it, including recruits. When we stormed the court vs. UVA, you can be 100% sure that had an amazing positive effect on Chris Duarte. It shows our fans are passionate and not boring. I'd rather have recruits feel the "Let's storm the court and party all night" feel from the crowd than the "cool we won let's go watch Conan and fall asleep on the couch".

Nicely stated.

Let the kids have some fun. Who cares what some radio curmudgeon thinks?

LeBatard is a Miami fan...not sure who Stugotz roots for...

This has got be killing Bomani Jones as he has strong dislike for Boeheim and the 2-3 zone...

LeBatard is a Miami fan...not sure who Stugotz roots for...

This has got be killing Bomani Jones as he has strong dislike for Boeheim and the 2-3 zone...

Stugotz hates fun according to Lebatard unless it involves gambling or alcohol.

I stormed the court when I was a lad. My perspective now, I couldn't care less about promoting the "Act like youve been there" image, but are there safety concerns? Sorry to be the old man. I'll get back to watching my lawn now :)

Stugotz once read live ads for an all natural, eucalyptus-based liquid that men could use to freshen up their sweaty crotches. This testicle spray is known as Nubag.

That's what kind of person he is.

I was traveling on business last night and missed the game :noidea:. But I did catch the highlights and the court storming actually looked impressive to me because of the number of people that appeared to be in the Dome and then that hit the court. Most recruits forming opinions about our program aren't in attendance at these games, or even necessarily watching them. I suspect they form some of their opinions about the program from watching the ESPN highlights. In this case, I think the buzzer beater and court storming did nothing but convey a favorable impression!!!

Court storming are just one of the many things that makes college basketball the best sport in my book. If a guy named Stugotz is against it, then we are OK in my book!
Really, there is a guy named Stugotz??? and we care what he thinks????

The biggest thing that scares me with court stormings, besides someone getting hurt, is if it is a result of last second shot where the refs go to video and realize the shot left players hand after the buzzer...then they have to clear the court, the players have to regain composure and worst of all there will probably be a technical foul called on the fans...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom