Stugotz rips Syracuse for Storming the court | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Stugotz rips Syracuse for Storming the court

Going to be a lot of young kids...and students...who experienced that scene last night that will be SU fans for life and remember it many years later. Participating in that atmosphere is great.

that's 3 in row now . act like you've been there before. those advocating storming the court after every victory ...seriously.

Going to be a lot of young kids...and students...who experienced that scene last night that will be SU fans for life and remember it many years later. Participating in that atmosphere is great.
My buddy took his grandsons.
16831090_1924072767815875_2543292829130854981_n.jpg

I'm usually a Grinch when it comes to storming the court, but last night was perfect. It encapsulated the comeback and the moment of the shot. Gillon banking the three from 25 feet and having the fans of the underdog spill onto the court after taking down one of the biggest names in college athletics is something out of the movies. As an alumnus watching from home, I wished I was in the Dome for that. That's something as a student, you remember forever and have that story to pass down.

Who cares?!?!? Why is storming the court such an issue for unhappy, angry media types and tough guys? It's kids and fans enjoying the moment and celebrating with their team. Obviously, you don't do it every game but when it's a buzzer beater against a top 10 Duke, how the F can you argue against it?

One of my all-time best moments from college was rushing the court 3x against Pitt in 2003. I'm sure students now will remember this one for a looooong time.

again . that's three games in a row. and games that essentially decided what ?

Best court storming(s) I was apart of was Pitt during our NC season '02-03.

So nice, we did it thrice!

Been thinking about "act like you've been there"

We get a 100 years to live if we're more than lucky. Life's too short especially for us Syracuse football fans. If I see a beautiful win or a moment of legendary SU sports beauty I'm gonna go ahead and participate in whatever gallivanting/celebrating I can so as to truly soak up the moment.

I'd rather run across the court in a storm of celebrating students than walk across on a campus tour in an effort to soak up the history.

applause also works. much safer and respectful. 10 minute standing ovation to commemorate 1000. better than a court storm imo .
hey i like christmas too. but not every weekend.

Last edited:
I think court storming is situational...Now if we were soundly beating Duke most of the game and were winning by double digits and just ran out the clock, then I would be against court storming...

However, with the way last night's game played out I am not against it...

Typically I am not a big fan of court storming...I can understand when a low level program beats a high level program, however with a program like ours, it is tough to justify...

Basically I think it comes down to who you are, who you are playing and/or the situation...
I agree.

If it happens it should be spontaneous and you can't get much more spontaneous than this game's ending.
A buzzer beater...downing the arch rival...the National Championship...otherwise it seems hokey and potentially dangerous.

But Orange fans don't seem to storm the court so much as "ooooze" onto it.

Isn't stugotz an Italian swear word? Help me out here.

The word is "stugats", very commonly used in my Italian family and among Italian friends. Some meanings...ahole, mother---, ball buster, etc, etc.

I can understand the heat of the moment last night storming. However the FSU one was pathetic. The UVA one for JB's 1000th was okay.

We stormed for Florida freaking State Otto's Army should be disbanded for that.

I can understand the heat of the moment last night storming. However the FSU one was pathetic. The UVA one for JB's 1000th was okay.

I agree.

I'm not a court storming fan,I am all for last night, and the Uva game, but the Fsu court storm was just embarrassing.

Stugotz hates fun according to Lebatard unless it involves gambling or alcohol.

Syracuse won (so if you bet on them, you were happy) and alcohol (Dome foams!!) - what's this dbag's problem? :noidea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuse13159

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom