SU 1 1/2 pts underdog | Syracusefan.com

SU 1 1/2 pts underdog

Will we bring an offense to the game for once.
Unless we go into a Time Machine back to 2018, probably not. If Shrader can run we will score, if he can’t we won’t. It’s pretty cut and dry with our offense. We need a true dual threat from the portal and good WRs. And OL help. Besides all that….

Last edited:
Unless we go into a Time Machine back to 2018, probably not. If Shrader can run we will score, if he can’t we won’t. It’s pretty cut and dry with our offense. We need a true dual threat from the portal and good WRs. And OL help. Besides all that….
You actually think we can find an offensive line and receivers? We haven’t in the past eight years.

Is Devito the only four star offensive player that Dino brought in that wasn’t a transfer? I can’t think of anyone else. Not a whole lot more on the defensive side either. If we take our orange glasses off, recruiting has been a dumpster fire under Dino.

It will be interesting to see if a team that the coach has put in possum mode for a month can tun back on, I think that was Dino's theory. I find it hard to believe they will match the physicality and intensity which VT will bring.

Last edited:
You actually think we can find an offensive line and receivers? We haven’t in the past eight years.

Is Devito the only four star offensive player that Dino brought in that wasn’t a transfer? I can’t think of anyone else. Not a whole lot more on the defensive side either. If we take our orange glasses off, recruiting has been a dumpster fire under Dino.
Oh I don’t say it like it will happen if Dino is still here, just to be clear, but it is sure as hell what we need.

That's more or less what I expected. I thought it would be somewhere in the vicinity of a pick em.

We have a 4* QB commitment for this recruiting cycle.

I’ll be at this one pretty pumped for it.

Thought we’d catch 3-4 points had to put my 50 dollar bet on this AM bc I have no clue if CA or VA will let me use my app have a pretty crazy work trip through both prior.

I think we’re gonna play 5 entertaining games down the stretch honestly. I just hate this leagues and the refs with a passion. Trying to enjoy this season because it’s the only one with a decent league schedule I’m sure when it’s revised for the CA schools and SMU we’ll be huge losers and see FSU and Clemson annually. Miami won’t come do the Dome for another decade we’ll schedule a game vs the Gators before we play them again.

That's more or less what I expected. I thought it would be somewhere in the vicinity of a pick em.

We’d be about a 1.5 pt favorite at a neutral site, so around 3 points for home field gets it to VT -1.5. Spread is about right.

If we played before the FSU game, spread likely would have been Cuse -1.5. It still amazes me how much analytics didn’t like how Cuse played in that game.

Thursday...temp will be @60...light wind...no rain in forecast.
Hokies have a power RB and their QB WILL run.
VT has a DE with 7 sacks.
I don't know where the Orange have been the last 10 quarters.
But they either find themselves and pull away in the 2nd half OR we're looking at a 5-7 season.
CUSE 31...Hokies 17.

I believe Devito was a Shafer recruit that was retained when Dino was hired.

We have one committed right now I hope we can keep after losing our 4 star commit last year

Up to 3 point dogs, early money on VT. Having my buddy down in PA put a decent amount on our ML for me. We need this one.

Does it matter? Our best QBs since McNabb were not stud recruits.
Meanwhile...
Drew Allen, Zach Allen, A.J. long, Tommy Devito, Garrett Shrader, CDRW, Dan Villari, Braden Davis.
All came to Cuse highly touted because they were either a 4 star by at least one recruiting site or transferred from a blue blood, or did well at an elite 11, or both. None have panned out at QB as of yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom