SU 1 1/2 pts underdog | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

SU 1 1/2 pts underdog

Agreed and that's the rub. When is the last time we played an A game. We're more likely to play a D game than an A game. We're the blind squirrel right now.
Clemson was a C IMO which might be enough to win 3 of these last 5.

Dino post-bye:

11/5/2016: Clemson L 54-0
11/4/2017: FSU L 27-24
11/20/2018: UNC W 40-37
11/16/2019: Duke W 49-6
11/20/2020: Louisville L 30-0
11/13/2021: Louisville L 41-3
10/15/2022: NC State W 24-9

3-4

I don't know where this conventional wisdom that Dino is uniquely terrible coming off the bye came from. I mean he won coming off the bye just last season.

This board could stand do some actual homework and not just rely on feels.

*edit* I'm gonna start a thread with this, since it's nuts how uninformed the supposed diehards here are.

The way the team folded against North Carolina and the way Dino basically waved the white flag the last few games are what bother me the most. Certainly enough on the field to worry about but my biggest concerns are how together this team really is, do they want it and does their coach instill belief in them at this point? I just don’t know. We aren’t mega-talented but I don’t feel anyone left on the schedule has more overall talent than we do, so we have the ability to win these games. It’s our easiest home stretch schedule since Dino has been here, so let’s see if they can cash that in or not

Looks like I'm going to break my 2 game streak of betting against SU.

Unless I drive over to Maryland and put the bet in. Can't bet on Virginia teams while in Virginia.
I finally pulled the trigger on that move by crossing the PA state line to bet FSU 2 weeks ago.

Clemson was a C IMO which might be enough to win 3 of these last 5.
Yup. 2-3 spurts in a game isnt asking too much..

Our issue will be making mistakes giving VT pts and then they crowd and energy make it hard to come back. We need a team to make the mistakes going our way for a change.

Even FSU made the mistakes but we couldnt get the ball. 7-2 is a bad turnover margin against better teams to overcome and UNC adds in the block a punt and they get a first down play and a TIP INT that ends up going for a home run TD.

Last I checked, every game was winnable. (V vs UNC this past weekend for a prime example)
Coach Dino definitely has to instill some heart back into these kids, be a mentor, be a coach, but don't be their friend. Most of them still play with heart, as their true desire is to play in the bigs. I feel like SU is 1 or 2 huge plays away from re-igniting that fire, both on offense and defense, and I am hoping it comes this Thursday night.

Hope & pray, pray & hope over the next 5.

There have been about 20 teams go on the rd and be 3.5 or less dogs this year and 7 have won.. So 35% or so.. but 1-4 is the record in P5 games.
Purdue did it vs VT this year as well.

Just looking at VT-Wake highlights. Was a one-possession pretty much until end of 3rd Q. Wake Forest turned it over three times and allowed VT to continue a drive on a fake punt.

VT's QB is very mobile and has a big arm. My low football IQ tells me if the first read is there that is what he wants but if he has to scan he may get into trouble.

Hope the defense has a good gameplan.

Just looking at VT-Wake highlights. Was a one-possession pretty much until end of 3rd Q. Wake Forest turned it over three times and allowed VT to continue a drive on a fake punt.

VT's QB is very mobile and has a big arm. My low football IQ tells me if the first read is there that is what he wants but if he has to scan he may get into trouble.

Hope the defense has a good gameplan.
We have to generate pressure without selling out, we don’t have the strong single coverage we have had in the past. I think we can do a good job containing their run game, QB included, but we need to make him uncomfortable and rushed for sure

I’ve been defending Shrader to the end of the Earth, but it’s time to make something happen. He has to play better.

The WRs are who they are. Coaches have enough runway to game plan. Shrader hopefully is relatively healthy.

We get More back or whatever.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that if we can string together some offensive drives, it’ll greatly benefit the D.

I know all of the final five are winnable, but I just got a feeling if we lose this one, the thread may really start coming undone with this team. Someone else said it, something feels off.

Would really like to just play a clean game.

We cannot afford a slow start. If we go down two scores of any combination I do not think we win. It’s going to come down to our offense, our defense will allow us to be in almost every game but can our O not let us go down two scores? That’s my question. We really need to start hot for once.

Some money coming in Orange this afternoon. Down to 2.5 at a few places

Some money coming in Orange this afternoon. Down to 2.5 at a few places

I think the line swings are a result of what I’m seeing with analytics, they are all over the map and are wildly different than they would have been two weeks ago. Depending on what you’re looking at, either team could be good value at a huge range.

Someone commented the smart money was on VT early…I think this is the type of game where there is no smart money, regardless of which side they are betting on. DNP.

I think the line swings are a result of what I’m seeing with analytics, they are all over the map and are wildly different than they would have been two weeks ago. Depending on what you’re looking at, either team could be good value at a huge range.

Someone commented the smart money was on VT early…I think this is the type of game where there is no smart money, regardless of which side they are betting on. DNP.
smart money is tough to read though. the limits are so low early in the week that lines often move before big smart money gets to play.

Just saw highlights of VT-WF. Projecting to our matchup, they will have a decided advantage at WR (lane is a playmaker) and with the pass rush (very quick off the edge). Not sure any slim advantage we have at QB will be enough

Curious to see what they do on OL with Joe More presumably back. Does he go to RG and Petry stays at RT? Or does Bradford stay at RG and More plays RT? Some interesting choices.
Joe sounds like a utility guy right now. He is 2nd string but will play

Last I checked, every game was winnable. (V vs UNC this past weekend for a prime example)
Coach Dino definitely has to instill some heart back into these kids, be a mentor, be a coach, but don't be their friend. Most of them still play with heart, as their true desire is to play in the bigs. I feel like SU is 1 or 2 huge plays away from re-igniting that fire, both on offense and defense, and I am hoping it comes this Thursday night.

Hope & pray, pray & hope over the next 5.
I really think we could've beat Clemson but the really bad call early killed us. I loath ACC refs

I really think we could've beat Clemson but the really bad call early killed us. I loath ACC refs
Bad call? You mean Shrader's fumble? The dropped pick six? Whiffing on the sack leading to a touchdown pass? And, the penalty on the punt? You mean those bad calls?

Bad call? You mean Shrader's fumble? The dropped pick six? Whiffing on the sack leading to a touchdown pass? And, the penalty on the punt? You mean those bad calls?
I think he meant calling the toss play.

He's also 8-14 against P5 teams since he was named starter over Devito. Isn't that what matters? He's done very well against G5 and lower schools.
Not that it totally matters, but you're counting a games he didn't start due to injury in there.

Not that it totally matters, but you're counting a games he didn't start due to injury in there.
Remind me which games he did not start due to injury.
Since he was named starter over Devito, I think he has started every game. I recall him not finishing some, but looking at his stat lines since he was named the starter, he has played in every single game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom