Women's Lacrosse - SU 7 vs Boston College 8: Fri May 26, 5:30 PM [NCAA Semis] | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 7 vs Boston College 8: Fri May 26, 5:30 PM [NCAA Semis]

At this point for Cuse, sucess is nattys.
We don't know if KT will ever be successful or not.
Some questionable decisions, and inaction, which is a decision, in these losses.
Hope she can get it done.
I only wish they had hired you then they would already have a national championship and be undefeated and certainly win tomorrow because you wouldn’t allow for this type of second rate performances! The more I think of it I’m gonna write Wildhack and suggest he research these forum archive’s because it’s obvious the truly great lacrosse minds are on here

I only wish they had hired you then they would already have a national championship and be undefeated and certainly win tomorrow because you wouldn’t allow for this type of second rate performances! The more I think of it I’m gonna write Wildhack and suggest he research these forum archive’s because it’s obvious the truly great lacrosse minds are on here
God you are funny. Please post about the historic season. I cannot get enough of falling short of an NC or champ game appearance every 3rd year. Its awesome.

It would seem to make the zone, where keeping your 'man' in front of you is the key, pointless.
Yeah. I don't know why they play it. Maybe we don't have the talent to play man at an elite level.

Our zone is very, very, good, they held a great BC team to 8, but I think the nature of it lends itself to shooting space issues. In 2 games vs BC they had a 20-8 advantage, in the ACC vs UNC it was 10-0.

I don't know that much about women's lax aside from watching my daughter play for years, but when anyone out anythings you by 30-8, chances are you won't have good results.

It seems to me that the women’s rules, as currently used, favor the offense over the defense. This notion of ‘shooting space violation’ is not there for player safety but to prevent a defender from playing good close defense. Plus, on another topic, why is it that , other than goalies, no players wear helmets? In ice hockey they do and in the men’s game they do. The players are using titanium sticks and despite the so called halo, players are getting hit in the head every game!

It seems to me that the women’s rules, as currently used, favor the offense over the defense. This notion of ‘shooting space violation’ is not there for player safety but to prevent a defender from playing good close defense. Plus, on another topic, why is it that , other than goalies, no players wear helmets? In ice hockey they do and in the men’s game they do. The players are using titanium sticks and despite the so called halo, players are getting hit in the head every game!
Helmet rules have changed. In FL they are now worn in highschool. It's been a few years for me but they were not required in club. The mindset was that helmets would promote more aggressive play. Shooting space is supposed to be a safety issue. If someone is getting ready to shoot, you're not supposed to move into that space. If you're right on someone, that space doesn't exist.

I could be entirely wrong on that, just my opinion after watching BC and UNC line up at the 8 time after time.

You should with a link to the thread. He might respond. It was a championship or bust season coming into the year. People are going to be frustrated with how they flamed out at the end of the season; twice to BC in similar fashion. Whether that's a coaching or a field personnel matter, SU has zero hardware to show for their record.

Helmet rules have changed. In FL they are now worn in highschool. It's been a few years for me but they were not required in club. The mindset was that helmets would promote more aggressive play. Shooting space is supposed to be a safety issue. If someone is getting ready to shoot, you're not supposed to move into that space. If you're right on someone, that space doesn't exist.

I could be entirely wrong on that, just my opinion after watching BC and UNC line up at the 8 time after time.
If required in HS then why not in college; not questioning you. It just doesn’t make sense to me. There is loads of aggressive play now; why not protect the players? I agree that playing good defense doesn’t all the players enough time to adjust and those calls seem arbitrary!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom