Women's Lacrosse - SU 7 vs Boston College 8: Fri May 26, 5:30 PM [NCAA Semis] | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 7 vs Boston College 8: Fri May 26, 5:30 PM [NCAA Semis]

They need to take a look at their training regimen, feels like the womens lax team loses like a half dozen players to ACL's every year, something is not right.

3 important ones this year.
Markey
Chevarie
Mashewske

Open up your checkbook and buy us a LAX only facility with a grass field we can use late in the season when it's not raining or snowing. :)

Or we could hire the trainer that keeps Hicks and Stanton in shape. :rolleyes:

Seems like the zone causes a lot of free position shots for the opponent. Might want to scrap that defense..

They need to take a look at their training regimen, feels like the womens lax team loses like a half dozen players to ACL's every year, something is not right.
Is Will Hicks their trainer?

(I keed, i keed)

Markey
Chevarie
Mashewske

Open up your checkbook and buy us a LAX only facility with a grass field we can use late in the season when it's not raining or snowing. :)

LOL as long as the mens team gets first dibs, I am in.

I'm really really really really really realllllyy over being disappointed year in and year out by talented cusewlax teams.

IMG_7624.JPG

Markey
Chevarie
Mashewske

It’s an issue in women’s sports not confined to lacrosse but also basketball, soccer etc. Women’s physiology makes them much more prone to ACL injuries. There have been numerous studies regarding it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3920910/

I think I read somewhere, maybe fanlax, that Kayla ditched whoever their s&c coach was mid season because of all the acl’s. I also could be making that up in my head because I’m drunk.

But the turf needs to be looked at too. I mean look at all those not contact football injuries

That’s now both games against BC that Cuse was playing to not lose in the 4th while BC was playing to win.
BC is a very well coached team. Even a very casual WLAX observer, like myself, can see that. She outcoached GG as well. Maybe chalk it up to a live and learn moment for Trainor, but this seemed to be the year, with all of the returning players, for Cuse to get over the hump. Syracuse is right there, and had the game for the taking, but got flat out beat in the 4th quarter. Hopefully next time it is a different story.

BC is a very well coached team. Even a very casual WLAX observer, like myself, can see that. She outcoached GG as well. Maybe chalk it up to a live and learn moment for Trainor, but this seemed to be the year, with all of the returning players, for Cuse to get over the hump. Syracuse is right there, and had the game for the taking, but got flat out beat in the 4th quarter. Hopefully next time it is a different story.
It's Kayla's second year as a head coach. She will be a superstar in time.

They improved drastically over the season. I remember seeing them get killed by UNC in March and thinking they were not a threat at all for the title

I really felt like this was the year for SU to win it. Tons of talented upperclassmen and “down” years for North Carolina, Maryland and BC. Unfortunately that wasn’t true for the latter

Hmmmm maybe it's because I'm used to the mens game I don't like it. MIght need to re-evaluate my stance.

How about just tossing it in the air like basketball? You could have a rule that it can't be touched until it hits the ground to limit collisions.

Ooofff...What happened to the offense in the 4th quarter? Just puzzling...
TIMEPLAYSCORE
13:54Shot by SU Emma Tyrrell WIDE.
10:37Shot by SU Emma Tyrrell BLOCKED.
09:31Turnover by SU Olivia Adamson (caused by Ryan Smith).
07:14Shot by SU Olivia Adamson WIDE.
06:55Shot clock violation by SU.
04:32Shot by SU Maddy Baxter HIGH.
00:52Shot by SU Olivia Adamson BLOCKED.

TIMEPLAYSCORE
13:54Shot by SU Emma Tyrrell WIDE.
10:37Shot by SU Emma Tyrrell BLOCKED.
09:31Turnover by SU Olivia Adamson (caused by Ryan Smith).
07:14Shot by SU Olivia Adamson WIDE.
06:55Shot clock violation by SU.
04:32Shot by SU Maddy Baxter HIGH.
00:52Shot by SU Olivia Adamson BLOCKED.

Aim for the one in the middle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online