Women's Lacrosse - SU 9 vs North Carolina 15: Fri Apr 28, 3:30 PM [ACC Semis] | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 9 vs North Carolina 15: Fri Apr 28, 3:30 PM [ACC Semis]

Not sure what these coaches make, but I recall it being a hug deal when Gait came here and got that $250K salary. I recall it being one of the higher salaries in the sport. I assume T makes that much or more. Criticism is justified bc they are dumping money at the program and all we can get is to sniff at a final 4 every 4 years, or whatever it is, just to get pounded by the perpetual bluebloods of the sport.

Pretty epic meltdown and things are not boding well for next year, if this is what you get from such an experienced team.

They seemed listless and uninspired on D and without a plan on O. WTH is T doing with this team?

2 weeks to work things out, and absolutely no evidence that they will. A 5 seed, at this point, would be a gift. You get a couple winnable games out of that. In the span of 1.5 games we have gone from the odds on favorite, to not even one of the top 4.

Not sure what these coaches make, but I recall it being a hug deal when Gait came here and got that $250K salary. I recall it being one of the higher salaries in the sport. I assume T makes that much or more. Criticism is justified bc they are dumping money at the program and all we can get is to sniff at a final 4 every 4 years, or whatever it is, just to get pounded by the perpetual bluebloods of the sport.

Pretty epic meltdown and things are not boding well for next year, if this is what you get from such an experienced team.

They seemed listless and uninspired on D and without a plan on O. WTH is T doing with this team?

2 weeks to work things out, and absolutely no evidence that they will. A 5 seed, at this point, would be a gift. You get a couple winnable games out of that. In the span of 1.5 games we have gone from the odds on favorite, to not even one of the top 4.
2022 1st half. Northwestern 8 SU 3
2023 1st half. UNC 10 SU 2
In critical games, they come out flat.
Can Traenor change this? No evidence that she can.

2022 1st half. Northwestern 8 SU 3
2023 1st half. UNC 10 SU 2
In critical games, they come out flat.
Can Traenor change this? No evidence that she can.

2023: 1st half Syracuse 8 Northwestern 4
2023: 1st half Syracuse 11, Maryland 6
2023: 1st half Syracuse 8, UNC 6 (reg season)

Half: UNC 7, BC 4.

I guess the #1 team in the country came out flat in a critical game.

Finally had a chance to watch this game after missing the VT game. Not a great showing on either end of the field. This team definitely needs the offense to carry the defense. A poor shooting outing from the best shooting team in the country and a mediocre day from the best goalie in the country will not get you by a top 5 team. I really think that loss 45 and 55 is really starting to have its effect on the defense. They are regularly playing three freshman/RFreshman on the defensive end.

With all that said, this is still probably a top three seed no matter how disappointed some of you are in the end of year play. They have two losses to BC and UNC. They have no bad losses and two top five wins. I would be blown away if they were lower than the 3 seed. NW will be 1 and SU beat them. Denver will be unbeaten but they only have one good win and a weak SOS. My guess is NW, SU, acc champ, and then either Denver or acc runnerup at four/five. JMU could sneak in there too.

BC was flat in the 1st half.
UNC was flat in the 2nd half.

The Bruins came out flat for a week.

I guess nobody's perfect anymore.

BC was flat in the 1st half.
UNC was flat in the 2nd half.

The Bruins came out flat for a week.

I guess nobody's perfect anymore.
I will be very interested to see how they come out in their first NCAA game. Traenor has to get them laser focused and playing like their hair is on fire.

Speaking of the NCAA games, are those games typically on ESPN+? Seems like at least the opening rounds were last year but I might be remembering incorrectly, I cancelled my subscription once basketball season ended,

Speaking of the NCAA games, are those games typically on ESPN+? Seems like at least the opening rounds were last year but I might be remembering incorrectly, I cancelled my subscription once basketball season ended,

Last year the 1st and 2nd round games were streaming on ESPN+.

Quarterfinals, Semis, and Finals were on ESPNU / ESPN.

Huge question is even if Syracuse gets a high enough seed to host is if they are able to remember last year they had to goto Princeton because there wasn’t enough Hotels in Syracuse to host this is a big freaking deal that I hope was addressed

If it happens again this year, it is a failure of squarely on the athletic department. They would’ve known the second week of February that this team was going to be a top eight seed and they should’ve been planning as such.

If it happens again this year, it is a failure of squarely on the athletic department. They would’ve known the second week of February that this team was going to be a top eight seed and they should’ve been planning as such.
Let's see how that conversation for the school goes - Hey hotels hold 50 or so rooms on the busiest weekend of the year where you get two night minimums, charge ridiculous rates, and sell out, because we may need them 3 months from now but won't know until the week of graduation...and oh yeah we won't be held accountable for dropping the rooms that we held.

Hotel response - click.

Can they put teams up in dorms or campus housing that might be empty that time if year as lots of underclassman have already gone home for the summer? Maybe other teams wouldn't accept that as accommodations, probably not allowed by NCAA either.

I don’t know why it’s all of a sudden a problem they use to host men and women’s first round games on graduation weekend every year and never had a problem until last year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom