SU bowl projections | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

SU bowl projections

Latest ESPN projections would put us in either the Holiday Bowl or the Sun Bowl, both in that wonderful week between Christmas and New Year's when it feels like "real" bowl season has begun. I would take that in a heartbeat. I just hope we can stay healthy.

Here's the thing. We're not going to go 13-0, but there's not a game on our schedule that makes me say, "oh that's a guaranteed L." I haven't been overly impressed with Clemson. Wake, NC St and ND all look bearable. FSU looks to have the highest ceiling to me. but can they put it together?

Wagner is guaranteed, and BC hasn't been competitive at all in its games. They are already a dead man walking, wishing Addazio was still coach and realizing that maybe 7 wins IS their ceiling as a program.

So, I see us in a bowl right now.

CB3A72F2-981B-4DE0-B4F8-CA73A1E11459.jpeg

247Sports

CBS Sports has us in the Fenway Bowl playing Memphis. Hoping we can do better than that. But it’s interesting to see how all over the place these projections are.

CBS Sports has us in the Fenway Bowl playing Memphis. Hoping we can do better than that. But it’s interesting to see how all over the place these projections are.
He had us in the Sun Bowl last week but promoted Duke to Sun and dropped us, he also left the Military without an ACC team, Military should be our floor right now. Fenway is at 11am in the cold, very early in bowl season, and against at G5 team. The ACC will send a 6-6 Louisville type team or not have enough teams to send someone.

He had us in the Sun Bowl last week but promoted Duke to Sun and dropped us, he also left the Military without an ACC team, Military should be our floor right now. Fenway is at 11am in the cold, very early in bowl season, and against at G5 team. The ACC will send a 6-6 Louisville type team or not have enough teams to send someone.

I mean, it's all just fun speculation, but I imagine the ACC bowls might be tough to predict due to the "tier-ing." There's no slotting in. The ACC places teams where the fans will travel and where matchups will be compelling.

I mean, it's all just fun speculation, but I imagine the ACC bowls might be tough to predict due to the "tier-ing." There's no slotting in. The ACC places teams where the fans will travel and where matchups will be compelling.
I would love to see Coastal Carolina host the Orange in the Myrtle Beach Bowl. Sadly, that won't happen due to conference contracts.
Full disclosure - I live in North Myrtle Beach!

What if Clemson finishes 11-1 and we are 13-0, will both go to national semi games?
we would be conference champ and own a victory at there place so yes

Sports Illustrated released updated projections for the top bowls. They have Syracuse in Reliaquest, formerly OutBack Bowl. Its a New Years Day game that is 1/2 because of NFL on 1/1 this year.
No not January 2 that’s the Bills at Bengals on Monday Night Football…..I can’t be in 2 places that day unless Weitsman lets me borrow his jet!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom